JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Shanis (Offline)
Going to be someone

Send a message via MSN to Shanis
TV in Japan - 02-22-2007, 07:20 PM

I wonder if there is the same programm on TV like in Europe??? Are there in the afternoon Talk-Shows and News on some programs and on others animes and cartoons mixed or are there most programs for animes`? And what come in that TV? are there special kind of shows`?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
kitty (Offline)
New to JF

02-22-2007, 09:27 PM

i know there are some talk shows and stuff like one called matthes greatest hits and utaban i thnk its called
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
02-23-2007, 05:19 AM

For normal tv, as in broadcast stuff and not cable/satellite etc...

There is a fair balance of news, talk shows, soap operas, variety shows, and documentaries.
Depending on the channel, there are also a fair number of children`s shows. (mostly *not* anime)

Anime is generally not all that common, and most shows run one a week. Of course, there are cable/satellite channels that show nothing but anime, but I don`t think that`s different than anywhere else. Plus, in Japan not all that many people subscribe to cable-type tv so it doesn`t really reflect normal television.

The anime and music shows people are familiar with usually are only on once a week, not every day, and not in huge quantities.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
ShibaInu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Question 02-23-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
For normal tv, as in broadcast stuff and not cable/satellite etc...

There is a fair balance of news, talk shows, soap operas, variety shows, and documentaries.
Depending on the channel, there are also a fair number of children`s shows. (mostly *not* anime)

Anime is generally not all that common, and most shows run one a week...
Thanks for the information Nyororin...It's nice to have someone who is actually in Japan who can provide us actual and accurate information on what is really happening on that country...But are there also foreign shows currently aired on normal channels? And from what countries are these?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Shanis (Offline)
Going to be someone

02-23-2007, 02:48 PM

Ahh Thx for answering my question it´s good to know who is it in japan really cause i want to go there next year so it´s good to know how is it real
(#6 (permalink))
Old
yamada63 (Offline)
New to JF

But no movie as in US - 02-24-2007, 02:56 AM

But there's no TV series with a series plot like 24 or Prison Break... That's something not enough. Always about cooking, food, comedy etc. But the comedy is interesting am I right?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Shanis (Offline)
Going to be someone

02-24-2007, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamada63 View Post
But there's no TV series with a series plot like 24 or Prison Break... That's something not enough. Always about cooking, food, comedy etc. But the comedy is interesting am I right?
Yes you are right I´ve seen some Japanese comedy shows like "Don´t Laugh" a guy must´ve read english (and he can´t english) and then must count from 1-100 and it was so funny^^ he make only mistakes and at the end all were laughing
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
02-24-2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamada63 View Post
There are. There are mystery, drama, action, etc series with plots.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Abasio (Offline)
徐世普真義留

04-13-2007, 02:16 PM

There are a lot of cooking shows where the women cook something then take in turns to see who can say OISHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII the loudest & longest.
There are the usual News shows but the layout is unusual, 20 minutes on some fluffy story like dogs being sold on the internet. politics, sport, weather & then about 2 minutes on international news like North Korea or Iraq.
Don't watch baseball on TV in Japan. If the match runs long, even if it's tied in the bottom of the ninth just about to be decided, they cut away to the news & don't tell you the result.

But Japanese TV really does redeem itself with the show Mini Skirt police. Use your imaginations & I'm sure you'll be pretty close to it.

A Japanese cable channel Mondo 21 is the most bizaare channel in the world I'm sure. Randomly it's either hot girls getting naked or old men playing Majan or pachinko.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Fratello (Offline)
Emily's brother

Send a message via MSN to Fratello
04-13-2007, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abasio View Post
A Japanese cable channel Mondo 21 is the most bizaare channel in the world I'm sure. Randomly it's either hot girls getting naked
Sounds like fun evening viewing better than british telly with all our rubbish

Rest in peace Emily