JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
mythix (Offline)
v o i d

Carved: The Slit-Mouthed Woman - 06-23-2009, 02:12 AM

Okay, so has anyone here ever seen this flick? I believe, if not Japanese, it is Korean horror, and some horror internet society rated it as one of the best asian horror flicks of all time...but, I think it is the exact opposite, if not even a little pathetic to even be called horror.

To those who have seen Carved - what did/do you think of it?
And, to those who haven't seen it - eh, I think you'd be better off not wasting your money or time clicking 'select' on NetFlix renting it...unless boredom gets the best of you and your looking for a laugh or two.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
chinabean (Offline)
JF Regular

06-23-2009, 02:49 AM

why rent if you can stream it online?

The story itself is pretty scary but the movie...idk theres a different that is supposed to come out that is supposed to be better
(#3 (permalink))
Old
mythix (Offline)
v o i d

06-23-2009, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinabean View Post
why rent if you can stream it online?

The story itself is pretty scary but the movie...idk theres a different that is supposed to come out that is supposed to be better
lol, that's true, your totally right xD

Again, I totally agree with you on that aspect - the story itself is 'mmazing, but the movie just...sort of put a bad name on it, if that's a good way to put it?

Oh, a new version, hmm? Do you know any other details about it?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-23-2009, 02:58 AM

Because streaming it online is illegal, and we don't advocate those kinds of activities on Japan Forum.

Why would you think after all the efforts that went into making a movie it is OK to just steal off the Internet?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
06-23-2009, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Because streaming it online is illegal, and we don't advocate those kinds of activities on Japan Forum.

Why would you think after all the efforts that went into making a movie it is OK to just steal off the Internet?
Lazyness, I download movies and all of my Xbox 360 games.
I would rather pay a lesser amount for Blank DVD's than pay $60 everytime I want a new game or $20 for every movie.

Its easier and cheaper for me, and until companies find a way to completely stop it, I'm going to do it.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

06-23-2009, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
Lazyness, I download movies and all of my Xbox 360 games.
I would rather pay a lesser amount for Blank DVD's than pay $60 everytime I want a new game or $20 for every movie.

Its easier and cheaper for me, and until companies find a way to completely stop it, I'm going to do it.
im proud of you quailboy lol

From the sky, To the ground
Rain is falling all around
Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-23-2009, 04:16 AM

What are you proud of, Kenpachi? Quailboy's laziness or that his thievery keeps the prices higher for honest consumers like myself.

There are so many cheap ways to play games that are legal...rental services, rental stores, used stores, sharing with friends, etc.

It takes months and sometimes years to put a game together, so where is the excuse for stealing it for free? It's expensive? No kidding, it took months and years and often 100s of people to make it happen. So many games are released to the successful ones also have to cover the losses for the failures of a game isn't a hit. Another way to keep the prices high is to steal them.

You guys must have never made anything, so you don't know what it means to have something you made stolen. Maybe if you had you would understand why I think this habit is so despicable.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
06-23-2009, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
What are you proud of, Kenpachi? Quailboy's laziness or that his thievery keeps the prices higher for honest consumers like myself.
EDIT: Way to off topic

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you

Last edited by Miyavifan : 06-30-2009 at 12:07 AM.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-23-2009, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post

EDIT: Way to off topic
Indeed. A discussion for another place. Back to the movie.