JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
reptilesandsamurai (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-08-2009, 03:49 AM

My main issue with TF2 is that you could replace the transformers with any alien race or any good / bad guy pairing and still have a summer popcorn movie. The movie was more about a kid seeing symbols and going crazy than transforming robots. Although with all it's faults it's going to look like Citizen Cane compared to the GI Joe movie.

Reptiles have silly grins
Dark eyes--shiny teeth--some have fins
Samurai they smile never
Serious--pretty swords--very clever
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-08-2009, 04:02 AM

This sums it up from Ronin's link:

Q: Why would a robot need to fart, pee, or vomit? And why would it need testicles?

A: Michael Bay does not understand what a robot is.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
ModusOperandi (Offline)
JF Regular

07-08-2009, 04:40 AM

Wow... A buddy of mine has been urging me to watch this movie so much....and to think I was actually about to do it.
Thank goodness I came across this thread.
I'll probably wait for it to come out on dvd and wait for the price to drop...but judging from the descriptions here, I probably aught to skip it all together.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Th4RLdeal (Offline)
New to JF

07-08-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusOperandi View Post
Wow... A buddy of mine has been urging me to watch this movie so much....and to think I was actually about to do it.
Thank goodness I came across this thread.
I'll probably wait for it to come out on dvd and wait for the price to drop...but judging from the descriptions here, I probably aught to skip it all together.
You see? This is why I made this thread! To INFORM people.

But that said, I don't want to detract from or insult the people who enjoyed it, because I can see how it can be entertaining.

But I just hated it SO FLIPPING MUCH...

Imagine watching your child hood get gored by a bull, that's what it was like for me...

I mean, with the first one, I was a little dissapointed with the fact that the robots weren't in it more; that Megatron wasn't in it much at all, but I really enjoyed... the spirit of the '07 Transformers. That and all the people were saying that we were lucky that we got the Transformers in it at all because the big wigs at Paramount were worried about appealing to the masses; thought that giant talking transforming robots would put people off.
They said that THIS one was going to be everything that we asked for in the first one and then some...

And then we got: "Bay-splosions: The Movie". I think I may be traumatized for life.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Reavyn (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-08-2009, 05:55 PM

I think people are looking at the testicle part too much when it was really all of that robot that needed to be shunned. Cause if you think about it. You put that many robots together in that type of form and two of those robots have wrecking balls, where would they go when something that big is at that angle?

I have to agree though, as a movie about just giant robots fighting each other? It was a good, fun movie. As a Transformer movie? It failed miserably.

Though I was very glad to see they did two of my favorite Transformers justice!
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
07-08-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reavyn View Post
I think people are looking at the testicle part too much when it was really all of that robot that needed to be shunned. Cause if you think about it. You put that many robots together in that type of form and two of those robots have wrecking balls, where would they go when something that big is at that angle?

I have to agree though, as a movie about just giant robots fighting each other? It was a good, fun movie. As a Transformer movie? It failed miserably.

Though I was very glad to see they did two of my favorite Transformers justice!
Honestly..I loved the testicle part, it brought a smile to my face..now..the sterotypical autobot-twins...I love um..I hate it as a transformers movie though -_-

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Th4RLdeal (Offline)
New to JF

07-08-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Here's a review I found... It explains the ridiculuousness of transformers 2. It's done in a self interview format.

Topless Robot - Bonus! Rob's Transformers 2 F.A.Q.s!
Thanks for posting this uber-much! I linked the page to the "Tformers.com" community message boards and they're loving it so far!
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-09-2009, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th4RLdeal View Post
Thanks for posting this uber-much! I linked the page to the "Tformers.com" community message boards and they're loving it so far!
Haha... awesome. Spread the word!