LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
tohruchan7 (Offline)
ur so cute no matter what

09-02-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im still trying to figure out how M. Night Shyamalan got a hold of this. Im interested to see the movie but i disagree with the director.
from wat i heard its because his kids were huge fans of the series. so he decided to help make the movie.

HUMANS ARE COWARDS IN THE FACE OF HAPPINESS. IT TAKES COURAGE TO HOLD ONTO HAPPINESS.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Megabyte117 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-03-2009, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Ah I didn't see that
Well I hope your highness will forgive me for not reading every single post within the few hours that I've been a forum member
It's irritating to see someone just post without reading the previous ones. There weren't many to begin with. Nice sarcasm by the way.

Quote:
Not to mention he cast that lad from Slumdog Millionaire as Zuko and I have my doubts regarding whether he's up to the part
Originally they had Jesse McCartney lined up for the role. But he had scheduling issues so they turned to Dev Patel. He should be more than competent, he was excellent in Slumdog Millionaire.

Quote:
They should at least have someone who looks alot like Zuko and has that type of voice to suit him.
And Dante Basco looks like Zuko?

Quote:
from wat i heard its because his kids were huge fans of the series. so he decided to help make the movie.
His children made him watch the series, and he came to really like the story and he decided to helm the adaptation.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

09-03-2009, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabyte117 View Post
Originally they had Jesse McCartney lined up for the role. But he had scheduling issues so they turned to Dev Patel. He should be more than competent, he was excellent in Slumdog Millionaire.
Slumdog Millionaire was a shocker BS twisted film.

The dude is right; Dev Patel doesn't have much experience in film. Have to wait and see.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#34 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
09-03-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabyte117 View Post
It's irritating to see someone just post without reading the previous ones. There weren't many to begin with. Nice sarcasm by the way.

And Dante Basco looks like Zuko?

His children made him watch the series, and he came to really like the story and he decided to helm the adaptation.
He looks a little like him.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
09-03-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
He looks a little like him.
= ?

PHAIL
I really wish people would stop saying they look alike =\
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Aether (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Aether
09-04-2009, 02:27 AM

It's a good show. I like it.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
YoshimiTheEthereal (Offline)
Neo-Nebula

09-04-2009, 04:17 AM

I loved the show, but for some reason, could hardly ever catch it on. I wish I could have watched more. I hope I can understand the movie well enough to enjoy it.

I have to say, I don't like the looks of the person they chose as Zuko. I don't think he looks much like him, but I certainly don't think Dante Basco looks like him, either.

Quote:
"And so, if you say in a beautiful rose there are thorns, in Lareine there is me, and behind that there are these guys (Emiru, Mayu, and Machi)."
~Kamijo
(Kamijo is the beautiful rose and Emiru, Mayu, and Machi are the thorns.)
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Megabyte117 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-04-2009, 04:55 AM

For people who don't like Dev Patel as Zuko, they originally cast Jesse McCartney, and I'm sure many would like the choice even less.

I just rewatched a few episodes and was reminded why it's such a great series. Animation is top-notch, voice acting is great, and as juvenile as it might sometimes be, I can't help but laugh during most of each episode.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
09-04-2009, 05:45 AM

i would rent it when it comes out on DVD, but i don't think it will be "theater price" worthy. i loved the cartoon, so much in fact that i call my friend Al the Fender Bender... because he gets into lots of accidents, get it?

うんこ漏らした。

my gun is bigger than your gun
(#40 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
09-05-2009, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsLost View Post
i would rent it when it comes out on DVD, but i don't think it will be "theater price" worthy. i loved the cartoon, so much in fact that i call my friend Al the Fender Bender... because he gets into lots of accidents, get it?
That's sort of funny. I guess.