JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

Is Japanese beer THAT strong?? - 10-03-2009, 02:42 AM

I didn't think so.

I used to mainly drink the Asahi silver can, although I had no choice at my favourite Kyoto Ramen shop as all they served was self serve Kirin on tap!

The fun days

Cheers - Oz
(#12 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-03-2009, 02:47 AM

I haven't seen anybody drinking beer in commercials here(that rhymes!). All they ever do is pour ANY alcohol into some kind of glass, hold the glass(or bottle), and smile like idiots.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
10-03-2009, 03:17 AM

If you want to be nitpicky - you can do a similar thing with any style of advertising from pretty much anywhere. The big difference is you`re going to be more accustomed to one style than another, so what may seem ridiculous on one side may seem completely normal to you. It`s one of those things that you take note of the difference and leave it at that.
If they were advertising in a way you are accustomed to (for example, like US commercials...) you would think nothing of it. But because they are not, you feel it`s "ridiculous"...? Advertising is advertising. They`re aiming to sell, and will use a style of advertising that will appeal to the market.

And you really are dropping into the negative mindset pretty quickly with these, even if you aren`t seeing it as so yourself.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
GTJ (Offline)
Defeater of Weaboos

Send a message via Skype™ to GTJ
10-03-2009, 04:10 AM

Jeez, I'm seeing a god complex developing among the mods. Were you guys this aggressive when Jerry Seinfeld pointed out the weird things in daily life? Just because I still wonder about some things and want to see what other people think about it... so NONE of you are guilty of this? Wait, don't answer that.

Kay so I'll just go ahead and not discuss JAPAN on JAPANFORUM from here on out.

Anyway, back on topic, @JoshAussie: I'm looking! Most of them I'm noticing are from Asahi, the one in the green can. They're always eating something with lettuce, like a hot dog wrapped in lettuce wrapped in bread, or a gyro-looking thing with lettuce, so it makes a huge crunch and then they down the beer and it all looks ridiculously refreshing and I have to go to the store to get some. Damn, they're good, lol

@DarkSyndrem: Dude, I know, haha. Thing is "the wife" likes to have the TV on when she's home and gets ornery if I turn it off, so I'm stuck! @_@

@SpoonyBard: What's not to smile about? You have a glassfull of beer!

光る物全て金ならず。
なんてしつけいいこいいけつしてんな。
(#15 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
10-03-2009, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTJ View Post

@DarkSyndrem: Dude, I know, haha. Thing is "the wife" likes to have the TV on when she's home and gets ornery if I turn it off, so I'm stuck! @_@
Bleh, I know what you mean....my friend (across the street, so I'm there a good bit) ALWAYS has the TV on...it doesn't matter if he's home or not....so ofc he's used to it, but I hate it :S
(#16 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

10-03-2009, 04:47 AM

@GTJ

Listen, you lame guy. You spend all day complaining about different aspects of Japanese life. What the f*** for? What are you trying to achieve? You simply lack the intelligence and delicate sensibilities to appreciate a highly refined culuture like Japan. You must have come here by choice yet you bitch about your generous host country like a redneck Marine would who was forced to be stationed here. What other countries would have allowed you to live and work as a teacher? Just a few out of the 200+.

You've been a huge topic among us Japanese members here and a couple of more active ones have already put you in their Ignore Bins. "A couple" is already like the majority and I'll join them if you don't stop this crap now. It's the members like yourself that make it hard for us to bring our friends to JF.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
GTJ (Offline)
Defeater of Weaboos

Send a message via Skype™ to GTJ
10-03-2009, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaegu View Post
Listen, you lame guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by masaegu
Me study Japanese? LMAO なめた事ぬかしてんじゃねえよ, このボケッ!!
Quote:
I was hoping that sicko would get banned for good. But a week is good, too. Hope you guys get as much educational talk done as possible in this thread while s/he is away.
Quote:
LMAO You're wrong again.
Why answer questions when you should rather be asking questions?
Quote:
I wish you stopped pretending to know so much Japanese on JF.
Quote:
Nah, it doesn't mean that at all. Dunno why you keep answering the questions that you aren't capable of answering.
So, uh, bad troll is bad.

光る物全て金ならず。
なんてしつけいいこいいけつしてんな。
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
10-03-2009, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTJ View Post
Jeez, I'm seeing a god complex developing among the mods. Were you guys this aggressive when Jerry Seinfeld pointed out the weird things in daily life? Just because I still wonder about some things and want to see what other people think about it... so NONE of you are guilty of this? Wait, don't answer that.
Please don`t forget you`re not the first foreigner to head to Japan and you aren`t the first person we`ve seen who has dropped into a spiral of nit picking and complaints/whining about parts of Japanese culture.

It`s fine to wonder about things - but your threads sound *negative* in doing so - I mean, just look at the titles:

Blatant copyright violations?
Does anyone actually eat this?
Biblical waste of paper!!
Is Japanese beer THAT strong??

Maybe you don`t mean to be negative, and maybe you really are just curious - but you can`t blame people for seeing these as negativity and complaints/whining about Japan.

It isn`t a mod thing - it`s a "seen this pattern before" thing, and we`re actually trying to be helpful by pointing out the pattern so you can pick up on it and catch it yourself before you end up being unable to see anything positive.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-03-2009, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoyankee View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty sick and tired of the OP's negative threads, too. He seems to dislike just about everything Japanese, except perhaps Japanese women, which is perplexing because they are the products of Japanese culture. They are much more "Japanese" than the little shredded cabbage you get in your bentos.
The OP probably never drank Korean beer before. He wouldn't complain about Japanese beer in the first place.

*sips soju*

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
CookingUtensil (Offline)
New to JF

10-03-2009, 08:27 AM

I dunno about the flame war going on here, but Japanese beer *is* pretty carbonated. Have you tried to chug it? It's hard! You get nice and full though, so I guess it passes as a good diet! :3

Korean beer... god, I can't down that stuff. Soju, I can do. Barely. Komitsuki, you're stronger than I, lol.