JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
AzulieAngel (Offline)
Insane Shadow Roses

Cool What Horror movies have you seen? - 11-10-2009, 08:02 AM

I wanted to know what everybody's favorite horror film is. Mine are The Grudge 1-3(american version), Reincarnation, Ju-on 2 the grudge 2, The Ring 1-2(american), Saw 1-4, 30 Days of Night, Pulse (ameican & asian), & Shutter. The Japanese movies are slow but good, creepy and scary!
What is your favorite Horror film?

LIFE is just a game

That you can never WIN

while PLAYING because

DEATH sucks!

Last edited by AzulieAngel : 11-10-2009 at 11:56 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
11-10-2009, 06:56 PM

favorite? hmm.. that is kinda hard question for me..
but I've watched all the movies that you mentioned..
have you seen HOSTEL?

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#3 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

11-10-2009, 08:50 PM

Most horror there days are total crap whether they're Japanese or American.
I prefer the classics, like The Shining and The Thing.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Adriana (Offline)
New to JF

11-10-2009, 11:02 PM

I've always liked indie horror movies like "I'll Bury You Tomorrow" & anything from the 8 movies to die for series. One movie I have the utmost distain for is "Paranormal Activity". It was lame, for lack of a better word...
(#5 (permalink))
Old
AzulieAngel (Offline)
Insane Shadow Roses

11-11-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyo_9 View Post
favorite? hmm.. that is kinda hard question for me..
but I've watched all the movies that you mentioned..
have you seen HOSTEL?
I have seen HOSTEL 1-2. I have also watched many more horror films ranging from american, Japanese, Spanish, & some other languages. I recently saw My Bloody Valentine.

LIFE is just a game

That you can never WIN

while PLAYING because

DEATH sucks!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-11-2009, 01:04 PM

My Aunties wedding Video is by far the scariest most profoundly disturbing video i have ever been forced to watch.

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#7 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-11-2009, 09:23 PM

To be honest, I like Asian horror movies better, because they make sense, and you don't have people shrieking stupidly on a consistent basis because somebody knocked over the tin can on the counter. I saw Pulse before seeing Cairo, and I HATE Pulse, but love Cairo. It's actually quite a beautiful film, as are many Asian horror films , and Asian films in general.

I didn't see the American version of The Eye, because it is my belief that the American version was more about how Jessica Alba was in it, and I don't like Tom Cruise(his production company is the one with the rights for a remake, which The Eye doesn't need). I remember discussing this with a much older woman and was surprised when she agreed with me on this. The logic of Cairo was missing in Pulse.

I think my issue is that I like movies that make you think while also being entertaining, and I'm also tired of seeing such and such actor that has been around forever. It's nice to NOT know who the people on the screen are until after the film is over; over here, people were angry when Jim Carey and Adam Sandler were in "serious" movies because people are used to them as comedians.

This mentality can also be applied to directors; many were surprised when Wes Craven directed Music of the Heart, because he is most known for horror films. Being known for just one thing makes people ignorant to a person's acting abilities; unfortunately for them, they will be remembered for one thing. In my case, when the actors and directors try to do something else, I personally don't care because I'm tired of seeing them.

It would be easier for me to make a list of movies I've seen recently because they are very few, and if you know when they came out, you'll see a VERY large gap in time. The last movie I saw that was not Japanese and that I very much adore is Orphan.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
AzulieAngel (Offline)
Insane Shadow Roses

11-12-2009, 01:53 AM

I seen The Eye and it bored me(Jessica Alba was in it). I agree about Japanese movies being better than their American counter parts but there are some good American horror films like An American Haunting.

LIFE is just a game

That you can never WIN

while PLAYING because

DEATH sucks!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Kandierain15 (Offline)
Mizu No Megami♥

11-12-2009, 02:04 AM

One of the most scariest movies to me was.. hm.... house of wax actually. Don't ask me wy but wax figures..? good lord i couldn't sleep right for weeks. >< Im looking forward to seeing 2012 and paranormal activity with my friends soon to see how crappy/good they are.

8/21/09
(#10 (permalink))
Old
AzulieAngel (Offline)
Insane Shadow Roses

Cool 11-14-2009, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandierain15 View Post
One of the most scariest movies to me was.. hm.... house of wax actually. Don't ask me wy but wax figures..? good lord i couldn't sleep right for weeks. >< Im looking forward to seeing 2012 and paranormal activity with my friends soon to see how crappy/good they are.
Never seen House of Wax before.
A friend of mine saw Paranormal Activity and said it was cool and creepy at the same time.
I can't wait until 2012 is released.
It sounds like such a cool movie but I think the world is going to freak when it actualy turns 2012.

LIFE is just a game

That you can never WIN

while PLAYING because

DEATH sucks!