JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
malakai (Offline)
New to JF

Question Game shows! - 11-09-2009, 01:32 AM

Hey people, I was thinking today, and came up with the idea of participating in a Japanese game show.
In Japan, I mean, not one of those silly rip-offs.

That got me thinking, would it be possible for me, a Swede, to come to Japan and participate? How could I get in touch with the right people to ask?

I know some Japanese, I studied it for more than a year. So I could ask in Japanese, if I only knew who to ask. So now I'd like some tips, please?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-09-2009, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakai View Post
Hey people, I was thinking today, and came up with the idea of participating in a Japanese game show.
In Japan, I mean, not one of those silly rip-offs.

That got me thinking, would it be possible for me, a Swede, to come to Japan and participate? How could I get in touch with the right people to ask?

I know some Japanese, I studied it for more than a year. So I could ask in Japanese, if I only knew who to ask. So now I'd like some tips, please?
95% of Japanese game shows do not have the general public as participants. They are "variety shows" and the participants are paid comedians, models, etc.

"Waratte ii to mou" is a daily show live at noon that does have "corners" with regular people, but you would need to watch and find a corner you fit into. For example, "regular people that look like famous people" or "regular people that look much younger than they are" or "regular men that can be mistaken for women".