JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
ShizukaMiyako (Offline)
New to JF

11-30-2009, 10:05 AM

i can't whait to see this movie becouse the trailer looks so goooood and i have't see this side from rain

(#42 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
11-30-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
It looks pretty fun and all, the only thing I'm slightly worried by, is that it's a studio owned by Hollywood. Things can get a bit too fantastical, and might spark off a new teen fad.
Given the attendance here this weekend I don't see much of fad growing.

Saw the movie opening night with about 20 others. Rain is good and holds his own, both in dialogue and the enticing visuals, in what I consider a very poorly directed work. His costar is very good also, expecially considering the script she had to work with.

The technicals in this movie suck so don't worry about the blood and gore - its too fake to be bothersome once the movie gets going. There are also a few continuity slips that are just inexcusable, but I won't give the details and spoil it, in case you are lucky enough not to notice them.

The worst part was the idiotic whispering BS that was used to let the audience know the ninja were filling the room though you couldn't see them yet. I could cheerily choke who ever thought up that nonense. Aside from the stupidity of the whole concept, it quickly became distracting and irritating.

Let's just say I am still as much a fan of Rain even when he is looking like a huge dork (which happens once in a while). But I doubt I will ever pay another dime to see a movie by the Wachowski Bros. no matter who is in it. They need to stick to cartoons.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Tatsuma (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Tatsuma
11-30-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post

The technicals in this movie suck so don't worry about the blood and gore - its too fake to be bothersome once the movie gets going. There are also a few continuity slips that are just inexcusable, but I won't give the details and spoil it, in case you are lucky enough not to notice them.

The worst part was the idiotic whispering BS that was used to let the audience know the ninja were filling the room though you couldn't see them yet. I could cheerily choke who ever thought up that nonense. Aside from the stupidity of the whole concept, it quickly became distracting and irritating.
that was what i meant about the blood in one of my earlier posts and the whisper annoyed me as well but i thought it was pretty funny
(#44 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

12-04-2009, 04:15 AM

It got graded an F in my town. I found it very good at keeping attention with action but they said the plot was written by fifth graders waiting for their school bus.