JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

A Game of Thrones (Non-Japanese) - 12-07-2009, 11:11 PM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/

Am I the only one who's very excited about this?

They got Khal Drogo SPOT ON. Also, I really like their choices for Jaime Lannister.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#2 (permalink))
Old
redline (Offline)
JF Regular

12-08-2009, 10:53 AM

Dude the author of the book has got me pretty ticked though. I've been waiting for the next book to come out for like 2 years. I'm really beginning to believe he just stopped. He should at least update his site, it still says it will be done soon, and hasn't change for about a year.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-08-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline View Post
Dude the author of the book has got me pretty ticked though. I've been waiting for the next book to come out for like 2 years. I'm really beginning to believe he just stopped. He should at least update his site, it still says it will be done soon, and hasn't change for about a year.
Read his blog, you posts regularly on there. He's stopped the book at the moment, or slowed it down, cause he's filming the TV series of the book.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

09-16-2011, 08:35 AM

whelp; now that this has been out for a while; what do people think of the adaptation?

what about casting choices and some of the changes?

I'm a little peeved they couldn't be asked to get contact lenses for the Targaryens or even just one for Tyrion's mismatched eye...

And what about the scaling up of all the childrens' ages? I can understand why they've done it, but I can't help but feel it take a little away from the characters; half the point is that they are SO young and how the world and society perceives coming of age; growing up and perhaps simply how hard the life is in the world (older societies tended to have children "come of age" earlier than modern western society does now due to a shorter life expectancy)

I love the way Tyrion has been played; he's alot more eloquent then I expected, but it's good.

I have more to add, but I want to hear what others think for now.
I think we should perhaps try to steer away from talking about spoilers from the books, or the series for now though.

If you want to chat to me about spoilerific bits or about the books more, PM me; I'm currently reading through A Storm of Swords: 2 Blood and Gold (so no spoiler for me either, please!)
also;

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲

Last edited by Gwen_Goth : 09-16-2011 at 08:46 AM.