JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ivory_byrd (Offline)
J*Rock Geisha

Battle Royale Good or No Good - 10-19-2006, 06:28 PM

Has anyone seen this movie? if so is it worth watching i mean i loved Suicide Club and Audition so blood doesnt really bother me so if anyone has seen it let me know Kay?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
animeee (Offline)
New to JF

10-19-2006, 08:05 PM

Battle Royale is good, but part two is not very good.

Have you seen Strange Circus? The movie is really weird. It's by the same director as Suicide Circle.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
maks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-19-2006, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeee View Post
Battle Royale is good, but part two is not very good.

Have you seen Strange Circus? The movie is really weird. It's by the same director as Suicide Circle.
nope ...sorry....=(

(#4 (permalink))
Old
ivory_byrd (Offline)
J*Rock Geisha

10-20-2006, 03:02 AM

ill have to check strange circus out coz s/c director did a great job! thanx ill prolly look at some rating of the second battle royale movie but thanx for the tip

...blah....
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Avary_Ninja (Offline)
Semi-competent Ninja

10-27-2006, 06:46 PM

I had heard a lot of good about BR but when I finally watched it I was greatly disappointed

The premisse is so stupid. The government of Japan enacts the "Battle Royale Act" to curb unruly behavior of teens and every year a whole class is sent to an island where they fight each other until there is only one standing. This person is then declared winner.

let me get this straight. You want to curb criminal behavior by using a natural selection process that will leave you with the toughest, most ruthless youth in a class? You choose which class goes to the island through "random lottery"? How does that punish criminal behavior? Good kids are sent to their deaths while criminals still roam the streets.

Then there's a guy who actually volunteered to be there. What a wacked out plan. It's very idiotic and even with my willingness to suspend my disbelief for 90 minutes I just could not get past that hurdle.

Also, seing schoolgirls get wasted in horrible manners is not my idea of a cool distraction.

"Men, I do not order you to fight; I order you to die". ~ Mustapha Kemal at the Battle of Gallipoli
(#6 (permalink))
Old
crazypete (Offline)
NinjaKasumi123's BF

10-27-2006, 07:53 PM

lol saw it and i gotta say it's pretty good the second one wasn't good though.. yea the plot is stupid but it's still a good movie..

my girlfriend is NinjaKasumi123

I love you NinjaKasumi
(#7 (permalink))
Old
ContractKiller (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to ContractKiller Send a message via Yahoo to ContractKiller
10-27-2006, 08:00 PM

mad Blue

Drink Food - Eat Water

Catch Wind - Feel Rain

Go On Red - Stop On Green

Fly In Sea - Swim On Sky

Cry On Joy

Wrong Is Right

Getup At Am - Sleep At Pm

But Always Remember

Kill Enemies

Safe Friends.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
ivory_byrd (Offline)
J*Rock Geisha

10-29-2006, 08:08 PM

The thing with battle royale is that most of the teenage population defied adults, its not really the biggest and the baddest that win as you probably saw in the first movie... he got blinded when that truck blew up and then he was shot by kawada... who he himself had a partial reason of being there. but alas he died on the way home leaving the last two survivors who i wanna mention stayed away from most of the fighting... i know thats not the best way to win but still it worked for them.. i know for a fact that the adults were in the wrong by passing the act but they feared the teenage population and sometimes how they say "nipping it in the bud" before it becomes a nuisance is how they saw to get rid of the problem. and since 'respect your elders' is big thing in japan and other asian countries and not here in the states you have to realize that japan is very harsh to the teenage and younger society. I have heard that teachers will wound students for disobeying... so this movie just shows that japan wants to take care of their teenage delinqency problem.. and as you said pertaining to putting thugs out on the street... the first killing by kuriyama (the scary one) was of a gang itself. all the really murderous ones were killed by the other murderous ones. and if one person is hiding not killing at all and has had the luck of their necklace not being detonated the murderous scary one wouldnt know that there was anyone else so by the 3rd day when their necklace goes off they have no idea why...

but thats all by chance. and i really dont think that they would let him trully free of the b/r act. Like kawada they would have brought them in again.. "to fix the game" like he said.

...blah....
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

10-29-2006, 11:09 PM

the manga is bloodier and bolder with uh, *non PC* subjects

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲
(#10 (permalink))
Old
cunhon9 (Offline)
JF Regular

11-08-2006, 07:27 PM

hey i just watched it some minutes ago.. the first one quite good and the actress and actors looks so nice lol....

the second one not really but it is more deep in meaning

anyway this is the synopsis

Story: Some time in the new millennium Japan falls into economical decay, mass unemployment reigns in the country. With no clear future available, the student no longer respect school, violence increases due to riots and many students drop out of school. With the chaotic situation the government enacts the Battle Royale act, which consists of selected one of the poorest performing classes and sending off to an island where they must fight for survival and only one student can leave alive. The students have 3 days to complete the game or everyone dies due to explosive devices on their necks, they are given random weapons and the only rules to follow is avoid the danger zone and don't cause any trouble or the army will kill them. Mistrust, fear and hate run rampant and chaos spread among the students and they soon give in to the fight for survival.

i like it the girl chigusa ( the athletic girl who was running in the movie) she's so cute but so scary when she gt mad