JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Alvinho (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Alvinho
What do you think of NHK World? - 04-28-2010, 03:12 AM

I came across NHK World by searching for other tools to brush up on my English listening skills a few days ago.....and then my luck had changed.

I wonder if someone here has watched it and their opinion about the channel, its programs, shows and documentaries.

For now I find it nice....very nice to be infoormed of Japanese culture and everyday life....

If any member is interested in checking it out, here it is:

Japan / NHK World live streaming

In a communist country, there's one president who grabs all life's benefits, dozens of burocrats who drain tax payers' money and 8 million go through harsh starvation.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
04-28-2010, 03:20 PM

I've got this channel on satellite TV. It mainly covers news, but it also covers Japan in a documentary style. Also, the 'J-Melo' programme covers Japanese music. Overall, I think its a great channel and it keeps me in touch with whats happening in Japan and the rest Asia.

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#3 (permalink))
Old
peterv20 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-08-2010, 04:24 PM

we have it here in southern california 24 hours a day on channel 18.2.that's over the air too!i think it's great.a taste of real japan.i love news.the asian perspective without american bias is somewhat refreshing.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Anemone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-14-2010, 12:35 AM

I came across it by chance, and I love it! Especially the music shows (J-melo, Music station, Music Japan) and the anime they have (even though it's sort of odd) I also actually watch the news on that, even though I don't get most of it.
They stopped showing my favourite show though, Tensai Terebikun MAX. It's a kid's show, but I really liked it. And I know it's still on in Japan.

~OPEN MY WINGS~