JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
zeni (Offline)
New to JF

Tantei monogatari - 06-23-2010, 05:58 PM

Tantei monogatari (Detective story) 1983 it's a serial with Yusaku Matsuda and I have a question' did anyone know this drama. I was looking for a eng sub for it but wasn't find. Here some pictures:

Matsuda-

(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-23-2010, 08:27 PM

It is a very famous show. Don't know anything about subtitles though.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
BenBullock (Offline)
JF Regular

11-05-2010, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeni View Post
Tantei monogatari (Detective story) 1983 it's a serial with Yusaku Matsuda and I have a question' did anyone know this drama. I was looking for a eng sub for it but wasn't find. Here some pictures:

Matsuda-
This picture is from the TV series from 1979-1980. I don't know of any subtitles either in Japanese or English for it. There is the following page:

http://www.geocities.jp/alotdrops/tanteitop1.html

which has partial transcripts of the Japanese dialogue.

Quote:
This picture is from a film from 1983, which has the same name and also stars Yusaku Matsuda, on the left above, as well as the woman on the right, Hiroko Yakushimaru (who was never in the TV series), but it's actually completely unrelated to the TV series. Only the name is the same.
Quote:
This is "Kudo-chan" from the TV series. You always know it from the hat, the suit, and the music "BAD CITY, BAD BAD CITY".

Last edited by BenBullock : 11-05-2010 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Specify person in photo is Yakushimaru
(#4 (permalink))
Old
BenBullock (Offline)
JF Regular

11-27-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilchem View Post
I always approach Takashi Miike and apprehension. He may be extreme, such as Ichi the Killer, and you can even put together a fortune as a musical Katakuris. I could not wait for Bird People in China this weekend, but you will have to wait for a couple of days.
This TV programme has absolutely nothing to do with Takashi Miike. He made a film in 2007 with the same name (which just means "Detective Story") but it has nothing to do with the above TV programme, which was broadcast from 1979 to 1980. Yusaku Matsuda, the star of the TV programme, died in 1989.

Last edited by BenBullock : 12-10-2010 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Altered date of Miike film to 2007