JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Kayame (Offline)
I is the Ebil Fuzzy BunnY

Send a message via AIM to Kayame
House of flying Daggers - 03-30-2007, 09:54 PM

I'm not sure if it's Jpanaese or Chinese, but It's a really good action movie i found. Love, tyrying to find it on dvd, but can't T.T so if anyone knows where I could buy that on DvD that would be cool

_Kayame_

"People who are alone are ignorant people who can't see around them to look at those whom stay around far after they should leave. And because of this we have formed anger that has no meaning, in which means we are nothing more then the things that created this anger. Nothing. Well I'm something!" ~Kay-Chan
(#2 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

Send a message via AIM to dragonrazor Send a message via MSN to dragonrazor Send a message via Yahoo to dragonrazor
03-30-2007, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayame View Post
I'm not sure if it's Jpanaese or Chinese, but It's a really good action movie i found. Love, tyrying to find it on dvd, but can't T.T so if anyone knows where I could buy that on DvD that would be cool

_Kayame_
it's chinese....it's a sequel to...uh, let me think which movie it was...i want to say it's a sequel to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, but it might actually have been Hero that it was a sequel to. Zhang Ziyi is so beautiful...how did they talk her into playing in Memoirs of a Geisha? she's not japanese x.x

"If we have to dance to the strings of an unseen force, that makes us no better than Zio" Chaz Ashley (not sure japanese name) Phantasy Star: End of the Millenium
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ShibaInu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-30-2007, 10:36 PM

yeah, it's a chinese movie, though, one of the lead actors, Takeshi Kaneshiro, is half-Japanese, half-Chinese...

Japan does not understand very well that one of its proudest cultural achievements is in film--- Akira Kurosawa
(#4 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

Send a message via AIM to dragonrazor Send a message via MSN to dragonrazor Send a message via Yahoo to dragonrazor
03-30-2007, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensoninoue1 View Post
She played the role because it was an american movie, and she is the most known asian actress in America. Also, Chinese people can play the role of a Japanese person, you don't have be of exact descent to play a role. Al Pacino is not Cuban and he played one in Scarface and Mel Gibson is not Scotish, and he played William Wallace in BraveHeart.
i would like to point out that i hated scarface...and furthermore, if it was an american movie, than why have i yet to see a single english version?

"If we have to dance to the strings of an unseen force, that makes us no better than Zio" Chaz Ashley (not sure japanese name) Phantasy Star: End of the Millenium
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

03-31-2007, 02:15 AM

Another awesome Chinese romance martial arts movie by Zhang Yimou. House of Flying Daggers isn't a sequel to Crouching Tiger or Hero, it is an entirely different movie with it's own story.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Rikku777 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Rikku777
03-31-2007, 04:57 AM

This had some cool fighting and effects, but it bored me a bit, lol. I want to see CTHD, I guess I need to, I really like his films.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

03-31-2007, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
Another awesome Chinese romance martial arts movie by Zhang Yimou. House of Flying Daggers isn't a sequel to Crouching Tiger or Hero, it is an entirely different movie with it's own story.
Yeah, what Kanji said. Favorite scene would have to been the one where she does that drum dance or what ever you call. Man, I should know too. I studied China for like 4 years. And whoever said it was a little boring, definitely do not watch Raise the Red Lantern. I loved it, but then I loves me some China. Suddenly I really feel like eating some gongbao jiding loaded with MSG.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

03-31-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikku777 View Post
This had some cool fighting and effects, but it bored me a bit, lol. I want to see CTHD, I guess I need to, I really like his films.
x.x i have crouching tiger...i don't even remember why i bought it, i thought it was too low key

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

03-31-2007, 01:25 PM

i didnt like house of flying daggers all that much; i prefered CTHD; it was a real breakthrough film.

Flying Daggers went too far with the flying sequences; i dont like it when action, stunts and special effects take over a movie's heart.

same for hero; plus im not a huge Jet Li fan...

Im looking forward to Curse of the Golden Flower; looks interesting, but im afraid it'll be like Flying Daggers.

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲
(#10 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

03-31-2007, 01:48 PM

i want to see that, but i'm afraid it's going to be too much of a drama *hates dramas*