JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ulutek (Offline)
New to JF

Exclamation Studio Ghibli's Anime Archive - 02-11-2011, 04:51 PM

How can i find that? i like Japanese all Film/Animes...

Please help me..

Thanks!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-11-2011, 04:55 PM

I would figure you could find them on Amazon.com or Ebay.com.... I'm sure quite a few Studio Ghibli works have been released on DVD if not all....
(#3 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

02-11-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
I would figure you could find them on Amazon.com or Ebay.com.... I'm sure quite a few Studio Ghibli works have been released on DVD if not all....
They are all released on DVD. I have the complete set at home. Go to ebay and just type COmpelte Ghibli Collection
(#4 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-11-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
They are all released on DVD. I have the complete set at home. Go to ebay and just type COmpelte Ghibli Collection
I checked Amazon.com for shxts and giggles and the first item is obviously pirated, as they have 2 discs and 6 movies per disc.... But I do see all of them individually.... I see the Ebay one is pirated as well.... As soon as I see a Cantonese/Mandarin subtitles in the description, I know it's a pirated disc....

Last edited by JohnBraden : 02-11-2011 at 05:50 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

02-11-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
I checked Amazon.com for shxts and giggles and the first item is obviously pirated, as they have 2 discs and 6 movies per disc.... But I do see all of them individually.... I see the Ebay one is pirated as well.... As soon as I see a Cantonese/Mandarin subtitles in the description, I know it's a pirated disc....
I have to agree, but there are also official releases that has Chinese subtitles (Cantonese and Mandarin are dialect, not a character set or font type), they do sell these to HK, Taiwan and China, and there are distributor who has license to release them with Chinese dubbing or Chinese subtitles..

I don't think Amazon will sell pirated materials though...
(#6 (permalink))
Old
xkmkmlmx (Offline)
JF Regular

02-11-2011, 10:27 PM

I don't think there is any Ghibli box sets available. I know there was a Japanese Miyazaki one a long time back. Surely out of print and hard to find (and not complete).

You would probably be better off just buying them individually anyway, as I am sure you can find a lot of them for cheap. Be careful though as some are out of print and people want pretty high prices for the official versions (such as Totoro).