JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Have Seen Oshin Serial / movie?
YES 6 11.32%
NO 47 88.68%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Subodh (Offline)
LOVE's JAPAN

Send a message via Yahoo to Subodh
Arrow Who is the most famous Japanese person in the world? - 03-16-2007, 06:24 PM

KonbanWa,

Before some years back i saw a TV serial called Oshin (おしん), i liked it so much that, she was my role model. Due to that i started loving Japan & Japanese People also. A small poor girl, her struggle was most creditable. This is a review of Oshin. So Guys & sweet gals your reviews & suggestions are invited. Plz post if have any articals or photos regarding this article.

Oshin tells the story of a girl born in a very poor rural family in Japan, who through hard work and perseverance eventually triumphs over pain and adversity to achieve fame and success. Broadcast in the early 1980s when Japan had finally cast off the legacy of the post-war years and the Japanese were beginning to reap the benefits of economic development, the aim of the story was to recall the hardships the older generation had endured in order to pave the way for their children to enjoy their more affluent lifestyle. Viewers were drawn to the suffering of the main character Oshin - and then drew similarities between her story and their own home lives.

Some Japanese worried that showing Oshin abroad would give the country a bad profile - and would even be shameful because it showed the seldom glimpsed, poor, unequal side of Japan. In the event, the reverse proved true. Oshin gave viewers outside Japan - whose only image of Japan was formed by Japanese cars or electric goods, or through bitter memories of Japanese treatment during World War II - a far better understanding of the modern Japan and its people.

Who is the most famous Japanese person in the world?

Reports say that in China alone, as many as 200 million people watched "Oshin", while in Iran, female Japanese tourists have often been addressed as "Oshin". The Indonesian broadcaster was flooded with protests from viewers because the series was being broadcast while supper was being prepared. There is no doubt about it ; Oshin stands alone in terms of her worldwide fame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tanaka Yuko.jpg (4.8 KB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg Otowa Nobuko.jpg (6.5 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg Kobayashi Ayako.jpg (7.2 KB, 212 views)
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Subodh (Offline)
LOVE's JAPAN

Lightbulb 03-16-2007, 07:35 PM

An Iranian woman was once asked by a radio reporter - "Who is your symbol of Islamic womanhood?" "Oshin," she answered. It was a reply that so shocked Iranian religious leader Ayatollah Khomeini that he ordered the arrest of four people from the TV station that broadcast the programme.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Subodh (Offline)
LOVE's JAPAN

Lightbulb 03-16-2007, 07:39 PM

Oshin comes from a family of poor rice farmers. Her father and brother must work in the fields and her grandmother and mother, who is expecting another child, barely have enough to eat. In order to make ends meet for her family, 7-year-old Oshin gives up school and decides to become a servant in the household of a wealthy family, where she faces trials and tribulation beyond her worst fears.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A1683-8.jpg (9.9 KB, 213 views)
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Hotaru100 (Offline)
Little bit difficult

Send a message via MSN to Hotaru100 Send a message via Yahoo to Hotaru100 Send a message via Skype™ to Hotaru100
I Like it Too! - 03-16-2007, 09:12 PM

I saw TV serial "Oshin" (おしん) before many years,
I would like to see this TV serial "Oshin" again!

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Subodh (Offline)
LOVE's JAPAN

Talking 03-17-2007, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotaru100 View Post
I saw TV serial "Oshin" (おしん) before many years,
I would like to see this TV serial "Oshin" again!
I am having some prints. i have requested my friends to plz collect others. as i gets complete set, i will definetely forward you lol ......
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Hotaru100 (Offline)
Little bit difficult

Send a message via MSN to Hotaru100 Send a message via Yahoo to Hotaru100 Send a message via Skype™ to Hotaru100
Thumbs up 03-17-2007, 09:21 PM

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Hotaru100 (Offline)
Little bit difficult

03-17-2007, 09:33 PM

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Hotaru100 (Offline)
Little bit difficult

03-17-2007, 09:37 PM

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Hotaru100 (Offline)
Little bit difficult

Oshin - 03-17-2007, 09:44 PM

The morning drama serial Oshin was broadcast from April 5, 1983. The average audience share for this yearlong presentation was a record 52.6%, with a peak of 62.9%, still the highest figures for a drama program. The nation was riveted.

Oshin (Kobayashi Ayako as young Oshin)
Oshin brought tears to viewers' eyes with its depiction of a woman's battle to survive and succeed. Actress Kobayashi Ayako won a massive following for her portrayal of the young Oshin, staving off hunger with radish gruel as she endures a cruel apprenticeship.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Subodh (Offline)
LOVE's JAPAN

Thumbs up 03-18-2007, 05:44 AM

Wow............. Great work Hotaru lol........ Keep on adding........ Do you have any copy of Oshin Serial....