JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Movies & TV (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-movies-tv/)
-   -   movie translator (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-movies-tv/39984-movie-translator.html)

UAE20 09-26-2011 09:39 PM

movie translator

Hi
Wanna to ask you about movie Translator Any one know any software to translate movies> it hard to me to understand japanes languages because I'm Arabic also I dont like to watch English Dub I have many japanes movies,Manga,Indian movie I want to translate it to english I tried to download many softwares about subtitle I dont know how to use it I want software translate the movie directly without copying and paste the subtitle so any one can help me PLZ
THank U:)

Cola 09-27-2011 12:17 PM

The closest thing to what you want is the Japanese YouTube site, which can automatically generate Japanese language subtitles for Japanese language videos using voice recognition software and then automatically translate those subtitles into several languages, including English. However, the voice recognition software is not perfect, leading to mistakes in the subtitles, while the machine translation of those Japanese subtitles into English is terrible.

I suppose you could either upload the movies you want to watch (which is against the terms of use, I would imagine) or search for them on YouTube and use the automatic subtitling and translation features to do what you want, but you'd be lucky if you even got a vague idea of what was going on.

MMM 09-29-2011 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cola (Post 881351)
The closest thing to what you want is the Japanese YouTube site, which can automatically generate Japanese language subtitles for Japanese language videos using voice recognition software and then automatically translate those subtitles into several languages, including English. However, the voice recognition software is not perfect, leading to mistakes in the subtitles, while the machine translation of those Japanese subtitles into English is terrible.

I suppose you could either upload the movies you want to watch (which is against the terms of use, I would imagine) or search for them on YouTube and use the automatic subtitling and translation features to do what you want, but you'd be lucky if you even got a vague idea of what was going on.

Care to give a link to the "Japanese YouTube site" that creates Japanese Language subtitles to Japanese language videos using voice recognition software?

Cola 09-29-2011 11:53 AM

Like I said, the Japanese YouTube - youtube.co.jp in other words. In fact, I just did a bit of experimentation, and it seems that the location doesn't matter. At least, I could use the automatic closed captioning whether I had my country set to Canada or Japan. I'm not going to bother experimenting any more than that. Anyway, you just press the little CC button on the lower right of the video frame, if there is one. After poking around a bit, it seems like maybe only videos uploaded by "official" sources (TV networks and the like) offer this option. Or perhaps you have to allow automatic captioning when you upload the video. Or maybe they only allow auto captions for videos that meet a certain bit rate. I'm sure there was a press announcement about the feature somewhere. Anyway, below are three videos that allow automatic captioning. You have to fiddle with the button though - even after clicking CC, you have to hover your mouse over it until the option menu pops up, then select "automatic captions" or whatever (which usually just pauses the video. If this happens, select "automatic captions" from the menu again until a message pops up) than agree to the message warning you that the captions won't be perfect, blah blah blah. After that, you can turn on the translator from that same options menu.

A short Japanese news report.

The ANN Japanese news YouTube channel

A clip from One Piece

Cola 09-29-2011 11:57 AM

Here's an English language video that you can get English captions for.

Also, I just noticed that the button you have to select is "transcribe audio" in English, not "automatic captions" ("音声を文字に交換" if your language is set to Japanese).

UAE20 09-29-2011 10:40 PM

Many Many thanks Cola,MMM Gonna TO try it now thanks alot

hitotsz 09-30-2011 12:02 AM

Wow, Cola thanks for this info.