JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Movies & TV (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-movies-tv/)
-   -   Curse of the Golden Flower (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-movies-tv/4094-curse-golden-flower.html)

glaylover 04-27-2007 11:12 AM

Curse of the Golden Flower

Just went to see this new movie last night. Anyone else seen yet? What are your thoughts. It was pretty good, a little different from previous like movies, not as much fighting. More of a drama. I tell you though if Gong Li took one too big a breath her breasts would fall right out of her costume...it was hilarious that every scene they got bigger!
But all in all I wouldn't run to the cinema to see it.
A different role for Chow Yun Fat who usually plays a good guy.
*** star rating from me. Visually very beautiful though.

Yamamato 04-27-2007 12:30 PM

i going to be watching it this weekend. yea it seems she is having problems with the costume just looking at the cover art for the dvd :)

kyo_9 04-27-2007 12:57 PM

seen the movie..
very interesting.. especially the new-born-actor Jay Chow..
He really can act.. about Gong Li's breast.. hahha.. but if I'm not mistaken, each woman in the movie wear dresses that make their breast visible.. that's why the movie became hit!! my guess.. hhihi

Kaicui 04-27-2007 01:18 PM

pretty good movie, did u watch it in english or chinese? it was pretty confusing 1st time i watched it

glaylover 04-27-2007 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaicui (Post 104251)
pretty good movie, did u watch it in english or chinese? it was pretty confusing 1st time i watched it

Chinese with English subtitles. I would like to maybe see it again when it comes out on DVD.

glaylover 04-27-2007 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyo_9 (Post 104241)
seen the movie..
very interesting.. especially the new-born-actor Jay Chow..
He really can act.. about Gong Li's breast.. hahha.. but if I'm not mistaken, each woman in the movie wear dresses that make their breast visible.. that's why the movie became hit!! my guess.. hhihi

Yeah Jay Chow was amazing...he is definately the star of the movie!

Hisgashi 04-27-2007 08:14 PM

Yup, I watched it. Really good film, Jay Chow is, as ypu say a good actor.

EDIT: Also, the films name in chinese is everyone in the palace donns golden armour. Cool huh?

Vesperd 04-27-2007 08:15 PM

the trailer looks good.. im gonna go see it tommorrow

SakuraSan 04-27-2007 08:27 PM

I havent seen it yet no,my dad wants me to watch 'house of flying daggers' first.I still need to watch KillBill Vol.2 aswell.lol.

glaylover 04-30-2007 01:41 PM

House of Flying Daggers was great, you will love it. Of course none of them beat Crouching tiger Hidden dragon. I am happy to see that the lead of Curse of the Golden Flower was someone other than Ziyi Zhang for a change!

virago 04-30-2007 05:20 PM

Seen it a while ago, I loved the scenery and colours..

There was too much cleavage in general (I know, strange comment to make for a guy ;)), but I liked the dresses overal. Unfortunately I saw a bad version, the 2nd half had subtitles that were out of sync. Subtitles were about 3 seconds before the actual voices, quite confusing.

Always love Chow Yun Fat, even in crappy movies like Bulletproof Monk he's still cool. Always liked Gong Li as well, so nice combo ;)

I'd definately see it again for the settings at the very least.

Hisgashi 04-30-2007 05:39 PM

Lol, there was meant to be cleavage.

virago 04-30-2007 05:42 PM

I know, but there was still too much of it ;)

glaylover 05-01-2007 10:43 AM

I thought her boobs were going to explode. we were in fits of laughter in each new scene.
You are right tho, Bullet proof monk was so crap but even Chow Yun Fat can make anything cool! He's hot too.

Picture2Perfect 05-01-2007 12:54 PM

Going watching it this weekend, been looking forward to this beaut for a while, would of been even more excited if Ziyi Zhang was in it, but you cant have everything.

Will.

Hisuwashi 05-01-2007 01:15 PM

I've seen it, Interesting story, but quite confusing at times. I like the way the "ninjas" swooped out of the sky and attacked people.

Kaicui 05-01-2007 02:39 PM

gong li has nice boobs :)

septs 05-02-2007 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaicui (Post 108021)
gong li has nice boobs :)

Agree

waiting all time in the movie
it will pop up (j/k)

she does really have a nice boobs

glaylover 05-02-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Picture2Perfect (Post 107926)
Going watching it this weekend, been looking forward to this beaut for a while, would of been even more excited if Ziyi Zhang was in it, but you cant have everything.

Will.

No no no no!!!! It was great to see a movie without her for a change! She made a farce of Memoirs of a Geisha too!
Oh well I suppose guys do think she is hot tho....and I admit she is very pretty.

xYinniex 05-23-2007 06:38 PM

hmm, gong li is a better actress than zhang ziyi. but then both of them are social climbers XD they both slept with Zhang Yimou.

and 'new born' actor jay chou, he was in initial D the movie and he's a very popular taiwanese singer. His songs are pretty good. He recently sung for the fearless soundtrack. his song is called "fearless" (would ya believe?) its a really good song.

glaylover 05-31-2007 01:55 PM

He is pretty hot and a great actor!