JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Movies & TV (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-movies-tv/)
-   -   Gokusen, JDrama (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-movies-tv/4824-gokusen-jdrama.html)

wolfrainvn 05-26-2007 01:28 AM

Gokusen, JDrama

Have anyone here seen Gokusen? I is the only Dodrama series that i have seen? I find it is quite funny and sad at times. what do you think about it?

The plot of the series "The plot involves Kumiko Yamaguchi, the granddaughter of a Yakuza boss. Her parents died when she was younger, and her grandfather has no other descendants, so Kumiko is next in line to head the family business. However, her lifelong dream has been to become a teacher. While her grandfather approves of her choice, others in the family want her to become the next boss, especially Tetsu, who is secretly in love with her.

Kumiko (known by her students as "Yankumi") becomes a teacher at an all-boys private high school. Her class is full of delinquents, but she tries her hardest to teach them not just about academics, but about lessons of life, much like any "dedicated teacher" story. Though she's forced to keep her family a secret from the public, her Yakuza upbringing gives her the strength and the experience to reach out to her students, while also providing comedic relief."

Gokusen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The main actress in the series is also the main actress in the Movie "Shinobi".

xYinniex 05-28-2007 12:03 PM

i've seen it....TWICE.

sawada shin..he;s v.yummy. damn, i want cool moves like yankumi!!!!

i loved this Jdorama, it reminded me of GTO first but, in fact it was a whole lot different. i still prefer GTO. Oguri Shun is so kawaii in GTO.

wolfrainvn 05-30-2007 02:24 PM

Yay!!! At least i am not the only person in here who have seen it:D

Serema 05-31-2007 08:05 AM

yes I have seen this Drama
I like it its funy and intersting
I like all charecters their

Hatredcopter 05-31-2007 08:44 AM

I liked that series quite a bit. I just can't forget that moment where Kumai and Minoru stared each other down while eating corndogs.. lol.

Wolfrain, if you liked that series, I suggest watching the series 'Great Teacher Onizuka' (the live action one), and another one called Dragon Zakura. They're very similar to Gokusen.

You can watch them at crunchyroll.com - streaming asian videos for the masses! .. great site :D

wolfrainvn 05-31-2007 11:59 AM

Thank you very much, Hatredcopter!!! You have just become my private heroe:D

eflounoyjr32 12-14-2007 03:40 AM

gokusen

I have seen it here in the US on Encore Channel action. It also comes on Encore wam as well. I have to whole episdoes that aired on tape. It caught my eye because it was funny & dramatic as well. It was a funny anime about school. I like this and GTO. They are both good.

QuoyaNatsume 12-14-2007 03:48 AM

I think I've seen what you're talking about but what I've seen is an anime version of it. Is there an actual live t.v. show about it too???

And if there is is the guy that plays' Shin as hot as the one in the anime?? :D

jueleyha 12-14-2007 08:10 AM

akanishi kawaii desu neee..