JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
mordavian (Offline)
New to JF

Question Looking for the name of a TV series - 07-27-2014, 09:03 PM

hi I am new to this forum. I once watched this amazing tv series but don't remember the name. I thought it was either the last swordsman or the legendary swords man, but no luck finding any info on it. the series consist of two main characters (sorry for my butchering the names) zeman suhshi the swords man who has never been defeated, and a lupay a man who could catch a sword with his fingers and also gained the demon fang sword style in the middle of the story. lupay wants to fight zeman before he retires from combat. along the way they become friends and work together to defeat who ever the bad guy is. also there is a continuation to this called return of ________ where lupay comes to zeman's party to retire drunk to disgrace him and make him want to fight him, then he goes into the underworld and that is the last I remember of it. Please if anyone knows the name of this series thank you.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
RadioKid (Offline)
Native Japanese

Send a message via Yahoo to RadioKid
07-28-2014, 02:02 PM

"zeman suhshi" and "lupay" sound like as Chinese name.

The most famous two sword men in Japan are "MIYAMOTO, MUSASHI" and "SASAKI, KOJIRO". There are so many version of drama with these Two SAMURAIs.

What episode of the drama impress you so much?

Language makes Culture and Culture makes Language.

Links to Japan forum Tips :
1) How to remove spam massages on you screen
2) How to post Youtube movies or Pictures

... and
Ask professional translator for your business work. You can not get useful business resources for free.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
mordavian (Offline)
New to JF

07-29-2014, 01:20 PM

I really like the entire series. But I love shows where two people may be combatants against each other but respect each other enough to fight side by side against another force. It just had that flare that got me, I am not sure what culture it was about was a while since I had seen it, I guess I just assumed that it was Japanese cause it was a martial arts / sword fighting show. I told myself I would get it in the future wish I asked block buster what the name was back then. I am not a hard core fan, just watch these type of movies once an a while.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
RadioKid (Offline)
Native Japanese

Send a message via Yahoo to RadioKid
07-29-2014, 01:33 PM

More detailed information is needed to find the drama.

Can you remember any name, costume, weapon or name of the place?

Language makes Culture and Culture makes Language.

Links to Japan forum Tips :
1) How to remove spam massages on you screen
2) How to post Youtube movies or Pictures

... and
Ask professional translator for your business work. You can not get useful business resources for free.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
mordavian (Offline)
New to JF

07-29-2014, 11:48 PM

I watched it back in 2001 or 2002 it was a while ago. The character Zeman was an undefeated swordsman who had a large broad sword which he fought using it and its scabbard. I forget how Lupay runs across Zeman but he has a skill named _____ finger which allows him to catch a sword with his fingers. He ends up fighting an old swordsman at some temple where he defeated him and was taught his demon fang sword style. Some where along the story some new enemy comes along that makes Zeman postpone his retirement and join forces with Lupay. The 2nd season or continuation of the story Zeman is finally retiring but Lupay still wanted his match against him. Lupay goes to the party drunk and hits on his wife making Zeman challenge him. The date is set and the both begin to train. Lupay somehow ends up in the underworld fighting these strange masked figures.... And that is all I can remember. I wish I remembered more but it was a while ago and I only seen it once. Never thought I would forget the title of the show lol
(#6 (permalink))
Old
mordavian (Offline)
New to JF

08-04-2014, 02:29 AM

I found it. it was the Master Swordsman. Ximen Chuixue is the main character. I thank you for your time :-)