JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-06-2007, 06:28 AM

No. More videos of her being a princess are popping up.

YouTube - SAWAJIRI ERIKA IS PISSED OFF Part 1

I guess that event wasn't the only time she decided not to answer questions.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Gunslinger (Offline)
Feels Overlooked alot.

Send a message via MSN to Gunslinger
10-06-2007, 07:32 AM

until i read this thread i had never heard of this girl i watched the vid link at the start and her manner annoyed me alot, i cant understand japanese (exept that they said thankyou alot) but she made it clear she has her head up her A**....i think if she wasnt prepared to fake a smile for the sake of promoting her career then she doesnt deserve to be where she is. she needs to show more dedication to her fans because i am sure she lost quite a few over this vid^__^ if she cant act well enough to mask her mood she chose the wrong profession.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-06-2007, 08:47 AM

Now I am not in Japan, so I don't know all the details, but that is pretty much my take on it, too, Gunslinger. It is interesting to have an event like this happen so soon after Britney Spears' ass-out at the MTV Video Awards. I feel like American stars live on different planets than reality, but maybe that is true all around the world.

I was raised to be humble, and to treat everything I had as a gift. I think that's how most normal parents raise their kids, so for this B to be on TV and feel like the SUPER talent-friendly media is a bother is the upper eschelon of B-ness. The poor announcer is making up for her answers in a very uncomfortable and apologetic way.

"Were there any particular scenes in the movie that stuck out when you were filming?"

What a softball question. You film a movie for several weeks. Here's a chance to tell an interesting story about some on-set incident or anecdote.

Her answer: "Not really."

So the announcer, shocked, has to fill-in "None, really? How interesting. One might expect there would be."

This is 10 times as uncomfortable in Japanese as it is in the west.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Gunslinger (Offline)
Feels Overlooked alot.

Send a message via MSN to Gunslinger
10-06-2007, 09:05 AM

sounds horrible i feel bad for the announcer......she is pretty though^____^ im guessing its more her looks than her "shining personality" that got her where she is.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-07-2007, 08:12 AM

Well, my guess is that like a Lindsay Lohan, she has a lot of talent, but not a lot of social skills.