JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
DEATHPANDA (Offline)
JF Regular

Guinea Pig series - 10-26-2007, 04:03 AM

Anyone had a look at any of the Guinea Pig films? It would be interesting to discuss it with people..

If you haven't seen any of the guinea pig films yet and your brain is mentally stable I would not recommend

If you have, what's your favourite? Mines Flowers of Flesh and blood.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
NickVelvet (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to NickVelvet
10-26-2007, 04:24 AM

Havent seen them yet. Currently have the set on my watch list on ebay at the moment.

I have read about them and I believe the one you mentioned is the one that prompted Charlie Sheen to contact the FBI due to its reality. Also was an influence for a Japanese serial killer whos name escapes me at the moment.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
DEATHPANDA (Offline)
JF Regular

10-26-2007, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickVelvet View Post
Havent seen them yet. Currently have the set on my watch list on ebay at the moment.

I have read about them and I believe the one you mentioned is the one that prompted Charlie Sheen to contact the FBI due to its reality. Also was an influence for a Japanese serial killer whos name escapes me at the moment.
Yeah, that was a pretty fu**ed up incident. The guys name is Tsutomu Miyazaki and I won't explain what he did. I don't think the film influenced him in any different way that any other horror film would, the problem was himself more than anything.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
NickVelvet (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to NickVelvet
10-26-2007, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHPANDA View Post
Yeah, that was a pretty fu**ed up incident. The guys name is Tsutomu Miyazaki and I won't explain what he did. I don't think the film influenced him in any different way that any other horror film would, the problem was himself more than anything.
I was just looking him up. Ive read a bit on him. My friends think im odd that I have a strange interest in serial killers. They are definatly films I want to see, but I wonder how they hold up to todays style of horror. You watch films like Psycho or Texas Chainsaw Massacre now and think...whats the big deal, when back when they were released they scared the hell out of people. The thing about those two movies is you never actually see anything, its more implied, which in turn causes your mind to visualize on its own, resulting in something more horrific.