JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Niyusu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

"Crows: Episode 0" movie opens in Japan (Trailer) - 11-02-2007, 01:26 PM

Japanese cult movie director Takashi Miike, whose filmography is approaching 80 pics, has had his biggest hit yet with gangbanger epic Crows: Episode 0 (Kurozu Zero).

According to figures released by Japanese tracking firm Kogyo Tsushin, the new Miike movie grossed Y397 million ($3.5 million) on its first two days in release, ousting megahit "Hero" from the top box office spot.

The Crows movie is a prequel to a planned adaptation of the original manga by Hiroshi Takahashi.

The movie takes place in Suzuran Boys' High, aka School for Crows, which has a reputation as the toughest educational institution in town. Japanese punk Genji Takaya (Shun Oguri, "Sukiyaki," "Azumi") to prove to his dad, yakuza boss Hideo (Goro Kishitani), that he has the smarts to eventually take over dad's operation.

Arriving at the rundown school, Genji is mistaken for its numero uno fighter, Tamao Serizawa...

Crows Trailers:

Source: Takashi Miike's 'Crows' flies at Japan B.O. | Variety
Review: "Crows: Episode 0" | Variety Asia
(#2 (permalink))
Old
chnlzero (Offline)
New to JF

11-08-2007, 01:03 PM

I've seen the commercial spots for the movie and it looks pretty wild! Takashi Miike is a realy good director. A friend of mine got me to watch Ichi the killer... one word whoa! He's got a unique style and way of presenting the story on film. though zebraman was like a switch for him...

Last edited by chnlzero : 11-08-2007 at 01:05 PM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Cate (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Cate
11-24-2007, 04:48 PM

I heard Crows Zero was received really well in Japan, and was number 1 for quite a while. Has anyone seen it? Two of my favorite Yankees are in it, Hisato and Yusuke Izaki, so I'm really interested in how they did.

Wagami ki ni sezu kega no koumyou, tashumi mushumi no anta gata mo.
Maji de maji na no?
Sonna kanji de nan'ya kan'ya iwazu ni Party Night.