JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Music (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-music/)
-   -   Lareine (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-music/12978-lareine.html)

VisualKei 03-03-2008 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auran (Post 416911)
i have a ?
are those boys dressed up like girls?:confused:

That's the case with probably 90% of bands that call themselves "visual kei". Usually one, if not all, of the members dress up like girls at least some of the time.

Still... *swoons over Kamijo* I like him best with his hair shortish and blond. His long brown hair now... ick.

GothicDollypop 03-05-2008 12:01 PM

Actually, their two best songs, in my opinion, are:

Metamorphose (my favorite):

YouTube - Lareine-Metamorphose

&

Fiancalles-a French word for engagement I think (second favorite):

YouTube - lareine - Fiancailles

Most people I know agree with me, though, those songs were apparently some of their biggest hits XD Also, take away cross-dressing and the extravagent theatricality and Visual Kei is just regular J-Rock so I think if people run into a Visual Kei band and are surprised by the cross-dressing, it's because they've never heard of this type of music 8/ Lareine, in particular, were almost like a new-age Malice Mizer. In fact, Emiru, one of the members of the band dressed in Lolita and didn't speak-much like Mana.

Kamijo is one of my idols, actually, he's such a masterpiece and his voice is beautiful : )

~

VisualKei 03-05-2008 12:29 PM

I agree so much! You can see a lot of similarities between Lareine and Malice Mizer- Kamijo has that same deep, smooth voice, too, as well as the similarities between Emiru and Mana.

Have you heard anything by the band that Emiru is currently in? It's called Anubis. I've listened to a couple tracks and I regret to say that it doesn't seem that wonderful to me. I much prefer Lareine.

I LOVE the song Metamorphose. I love how at the beginning of the video, it shows Emiru spinning around. He's so cute <3

Miyavifan 03-05-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VisualKei (Post 417677)
That's the case with probably 90% of bands that call themselves "visual kei". Usually one, if not all, of the members dress up like girls at least some of the time.

Still... *swoons over Kamijo* I like him best with his hair shortish and blond. His long brown hair now... ick.

Now, it's ok to to swoon.... I've decided to release him, so to speak.

Do you want him? If so, he's all yours.

VisualKei 03-05-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyavifan (Post 419302)
Now, it's ok to to swoon.... I've decided to release him, so to speak.

Do you want him? If so, he's all yours.

We should share him. I call the bottom half xP

jdragon 07-31-2008 02:37 AM

Lareine<3

I remember first hearing about Kamijo's wife Audrey...& the concert with the doll made in her likeness~it was all very sad! =[ poor Kamijo...

I'm glad Kamijo's still singing though. It'd be a tragedy in itself if he wasn't singing anymore. He's amazing. I hope he's better now...he really seems to be! <3

YoshimiTheEthereal 02-04-2009 07:05 AM

Lareine

4 Attachment(s)
Does anyone else here love Lareine? I think their music is so pretty! :rheart: Just like Kamijo!

jdragon 02-04-2009 08:22 AM

I believe Miyavifan already started a Lareine thread~
cuz I remember I commented on it about 'mijo's wife
It hasn't been active since then I'm assuming~
so its probably quite a few pages back. . .

Miyavifan 02-04-2009 05:10 PM

Hmm. if I did, it's not here. I'll have to see what happened.

{edited}

Ok, the search function obviously doesn't work perfectly. I searched for a Lareine thread, and nothing came up. but when I search for posts by you, it brings up some by you in the first Lareine thread.

threads merged.

YoshimiTheEthereal 02-05-2009 03:45 AM

4 Attachment(s)
. . . . AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! KAMIJO IS SO HOTT!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! I'm so sorry about that! That is so not like me to get quite that excited . . . he's just so wonderful! Especially when he was in Lareine! (how is that pronounced, anyway? Lah-reen?) His long, golden locks falling down off of his delicious shoulders and past his waist. His eyes twinkling with fantasy. His volcanic lips releasing a voice a mother would envy, rather than take pride in. His voluptuous figure releasing such a sophistication and fanciness that it pierces all around him and sends them wallowing in his majestic aura, begging mercy, yet craving more! Oh, Kamijo! You ARE such a rose! Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!