JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
GothicDollypop (Offline)
New to JF

03-05-2008, 02:21 PM

pumpum, I'm not usually a confrontational/rude person so I'm just going to ignore your childish sarcastic posts : )

*Sigh* Internet trolls these days..

However, if you-or anyone else passing by here-are genuinely interested in learning about Visual Kei music (and no, you're not uncultured for not knowing about these things, they are still a little underground after all), then here (because I'm too tired to type out what Visual Kei means to me right now):

Visual kei - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

~
(#12 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-05-2008, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicDollypop View Post
pumpum, I'm not usually a confrontational/rude person so I'm just going to ignore your childish sarcastic posts : )

*Sigh* Internet trolls these days..

However, if you-or anyone else passing by here-are genuinely interested in learning about Visual Kei music (and no, you're not uncultured for not knowing about these things, they are still a little underground after all), then here (because I'm too tired to type out what Visual Kei means to me right now):

Visual kei - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

~
er....

i am not a troll !!

i like being fun and so i post funness ! I am very uncultured and yes a little bit crazy !!

but i am not childish and sarcastic - i think ypu are taking yourself WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY too seriously

i have never heard of visual kei in my life and so how the hell you expect me to know what it is , the only reason i asked to know what it was is because i thought i had offended you and so was trying TO BE NICE !! - damn look where that got me !!

chill the f out !!! - visual kei or no visual kei - life is still good no??
(#13 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-05-2008, 02:33 PM

btw - i lookd at the links u gave but stopped reading at ..*androgynous aesthetics* what the hell does that mean ??

im guessing its like boy geroge lookalikes !!!
(#14 (permalink))
Old
GothicDollypop (Offline)
New to JF

03-05-2008, 02:48 PM

Relax XD

It's the internet for Pete's sake, sometimes it's difficult to discern whether someone's being nice or sarcastic so I'm sorry if I came off as rude or anything ^^ !

Well, some people can pass for either gender naturally and that is what androgeny is. Visual Kei musicians usually just play up their femininity by make-up, et cetera. But it's also part of that theatrical, over-the-top look of most of these bands : )

~
(#15 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-05-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Relax XD

It's the internet for Pete's sake, sometimes it's difficult to discern whether someone's being nice or sarcastic so I'm sorry if I came off as rude or anything ^^ !

Well, some people can pass for either gender naturally and that is what androgeny is. Visual Kei musicians usually just play up their femininity by make-up, et cetera. But it's also part of that theatrical, over-the-top look of most of these bands : )

~

is it just men playing up femeninity or does it apply to wome playing up masculinity as well ..also is this part of a gay scene or is it nothing like that?

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#16 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-05-2008, 02:56 PM

btw - why u call me xd ??

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#17 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
03-05-2008, 02:56 PM

bump like chicken - hana no na

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#18 (permalink))
Old
GothicDollypop (Offline)
New to JF

03-05-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote: " is it just men playing up femeninity or does it apply to wome playing up masculinity as well ..also is this part of a gay scene or is it nothing like that? "

Actually, there are a few all-female Visual Kei bands but it's not as common. I'm assuming this might be because the music originally takes inspiration from ancient Japanese theatre and back then Japanese were rather sexist so the men played the roles of women. But the original geisha were also supposedly men and the over-the-top (i.e. really fancy, et cetera) aspect of both of these things is one of the initial inspirations of Visual Kei music.

And 'XD' is just a smiley, by the way ;D

~
(#19 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-05-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Quote:
And 'XD' is just a smiley, by the way ;D

~
ooohhhh u smiling at me now !!!

(#20 (permalink))
Old
GothicDollypop (Offline)
New to JF

03-06-2008, 04:39 AM

^ Lol, yes XD

And to answer your other question about Visual Kei music, actually, most Visual Kei musicians I know of are straight, believe it or not. One thing I love about Visual Kei music is that it's such a mix of different types of music that it can't be shoved into any other categories. And one day a Visual Kei band may look Goth and the next they may look Punk, for example.

It generally defies stereotypes and that's why I love it so much. Another stereotype it defies is men cross-dressing being gay which isn't always the case. Well, not with these Japanese anyway (;

~