JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ReiIsMyAlterEgo (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ReiIsMyAlterEgo Send a message via MSN to ReiIsMyAlterEgo Send a message via Yahoo to ReiIsMyAlterEgo
Ruvie - るう゛ぃえ - 03-07-2008, 12:19 PM

Vocal : Temari

Guitar : Kazuki

Guitar : Yuu

Bass : Tsubame

Drums : Yume
(couldn't find a pic)

The label which probably best describes Ruvie is simply 'visual rock band'. However, they do offer a pretty vast variety of songs, from ballads such as Fukasou no umi e, through slightly darker and heavier tracks like Shoujo to PARADE to really fun tunes like Ripper.
Their lives are full of energy, the guys can manage to get even the laziest ones in the club up on their feet and having a blast. Not only do they sound great live, they're also pretty entertaining. Temari's voice is rather specific and his charisma is sure to make anyone who ever sees them live remember them for a long time.

BIOGRAPHY
Ruvie was created in October 2002. They played their first live on November 17th but it wasn't until March of the following year that they started distributing their first demo. In July, two of the band's songs were featured on an omnibus album, but during that time the guys focused mainly on playing live. Exactly one year after their first concert, a second demo was distributed for free during a gig in Ikebukuro Cyber.

Around that time, their original guitarist, Tarou, left the band. For over a year they recorded and performed as a quartet.

In early 2004 their songs were featured on two more omnibuses, and in June they finally released their very own first mini album. Rubik's Cube obviously proved a success as its second press came out less than two months later. On August 29th Ruvie played their first one man live in Meguro Rock May Can. Still in 2004 they participated in two series of events under the name of 'Scuber Dive', and before the year ended they also released their first maxi-single.

February 2005 witnessed the release of a second maxi-single, which was recorded with their new second guitarist, Yuu. During a commemoration one-man live accompanying that release, a CD entitled Dona was distributed for just 500 yen.
April was the month of a four-band coupling: Ruvie toured with Clavier, Kalen and Gift, and a special coupling CD was released on that occasion. The guys did not take time to rest though, and during their next one-man in July another single was distributed, this time for free. In August and September they released two more, somehow connected, records: a mini album, Sleepy under sun, and a single, Invisible sun.

In October, Ruvie went on another coupling tour, this time with Girugamesh. In a month's time they played 14 gigs and the tour ended with a two-man live in Shibuya O-West. Afterwards, they continue to play live.

In January they 'sponsored' a chain of three events (in Tokyo, Nagoya and Umeda) under the name of Ultimate Triangle, and in March, after nearly six months, they released a new maxi-single. On April 23rd, which happens to be the date of Tsubame's birthday, Ruvie played a one man in Shibuya Boxx, and June witnessed another 'ultimate' tour - this time an Ultimate Square consisting of 4 shows: Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and Tokyo again. In July they simultaneously released 2 singles, which were accompanied by their first ever PVs.

Things were going very well and the band announced the release of their first full album in late November. Sadly, soon afterwards Keito decided to leave. The album's release was postponed indefinitely. Keito played his last concert with Ruvie on November 17th in Shibuya O-WEST, and a free CD was distributed amongst the fans during that live.

since this if the first Ruvie thread,
i hereby claim Yuu!!

official site RUVIE
(#2 (permalink))
Old
ilovedaisuke7 (Offline)
Shwink. XD

03-07-2008, 12:24 PM

They're so adorable and their music is good. ^_^

I claim Kazuki! XD
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ReiIsMyAlterEgo Send a message via MSN to ReiIsMyAlterEgo Send a message via Yahoo to ReiIsMyAlterEgo
03-07-2008, 12:33 PM

yush i know xD
Yuu is just so small and pokeable xDD

i'm on 10.5 now O_O

*breathes heavily*

by the way... i stole all that info off JaME xD
(#4 (permalink))
Old
ajsnoopy (Offline)
Pineapple of doom...

03-09-2008, 04:47 AM

The music to their home site is so calming -__- so peaceful and relaxing. Looks like I'll have to take a listen to some of their other stuff

found this pic from Yume's blog:

Amazing sig made by claimee, NeoVisualizm <3

Recent claim: Kiri (heidi.)
(#5 (permalink))
Old
NaruNaruChan (Offline)
its been so long dear JF

Send a message via AIM to NaruNaruChan
03-09-2008, 04:49 AM

Yay more new bands! there music makes me happy^^
Naru would like to claim Tsubame if she can>.<

Claims:
auncia~ Yosuke, Hikari
Billy~Tsubuku
Merry~Nero
Mix Speakers~ Miki
The underneath~Ryo
Versailles~Teru
Ruvie~Tsubame

Last edited by NaruNaruChan : 03-09-2008 at 05:10 AM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Banned

03-09-2008, 06:37 AM

>>

you know how hard it is to find pics? xDD

can someone find some for meeee???

*puppy eyes*

pleaaaaase?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
NaruNaruChan (Offline)
its been so long dear JF

Send a message via AIM to NaruNaruChan
03-09-2008, 06:43 AM

I can! I'll post this one because it made me laugh!

sorry, it's kinda big...

Claims:
auncia~ Yosuke, Hikari
Billy~Tsubuku
Merry~Nero
Mix Speakers~ Miki
The underneath~Ryo
Versailles~Teru
Ruvie~Tsubame
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Banned

03-09-2008, 07:54 AM

hahahah awww that's so cute xD

Yuu looks a tad like Yomi >>

xD but cuter xD *squishes*
(#9 (permalink))
Old
ajsnoopy (Offline)
Pineapple of doom...

03-09-2008, 04:57 PM

awww!! that pic is so cute!! X3

Amazing sig made by claimee, NeoVisualizm <3

Recent claim: Kiri (heidi.)