JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#101 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-20-2011, 02:01 AM

There is no information regarding the song titles yet, but Matenrou Opera recently posted a little bit more information regarding their first maxi single as a major label band to their site as previously promised. The single is called「Helios」, will be released on 7/6, and come in three different types. Unfortunately, because the titles are unavailable, I can't elaborate more, but there will be different songs on each version, and two of them, Type A and Type B are limited editions.

Type A has a bonus song, and Type B has a DVD with a video for Helios, I'm assuming. Now, I don't know if the DVD will be viewable in all regions as the DVD included with Abyss can only be viewed on players capable of playing Region 2 DVDs, but if you're interested in the DVD, you can get a DVD player with that capability at iView 1800HD HDMI Upscaling DVD Player w/ DIVX & Karaoke.

Regarding the price, while there is nothing available on their official site, CDJapan has listed the price for each as 1000, which in US dollars means 11.95, and CDJapan always sells everything according to the suggested retail price. Keep checking Matenrou Opera's official site for tracklisting and the eventual sample of their new video!!
(#102 (permalink))
Old
1descendedrose (Offline)
New to JF

08-13-2011, 04:07 PM

Helios is an absolutely amazing song - Sono looks so different in the video, I had to do a double take to make sure it was him. The look suits the song, but its still quite a change.
(#103 (permalink))
Old
visualkeito (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to visualkeito
08-26-2011, 03:38 AM

im pretty excited to see them this november at animeusa.

[[ this voice does not reach you ]]
(#104 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-27-2011, 12:28 AM

Me too!! I just need to get plane tickets, and that's it. Anyway, they also have a new single coming out a month before they perform at Anime USA, and it's called Otoshiana no Soko wa Konna Sekai. It will be available in two types, a regular edition and a limited edition with a DVD featuring whatever song happens to be a single(can't say it's the title, because obviously, there are some bands who name their singles and albums one thing, but the title of the single they are using to promote it sometimes is a different song). The regular edition costs(CDJapan prices) $12.75, limited edition costs $18.22.
(#105 (permalink))
Old
visualkeito (Offline)
JF Regular

08-27-2011, 02:18 AM

oh cool, maybe we'll bump into each other.
and thanks for the update.

(#106 (permalink))
Old
visualkeito (Offline)
JF Regular

11-21-2011, 05:28 PM

their performance at anime usa was pretty good.
even though the speakers that sono's mic was hooked up to kept going in and out, he sang right through it. i loved that the crowd started yelling in support for him to keep going everytime it happened. he smiled while he was singing when they did.
yuu's solo while the sound crew was fixing technical issues was just stunning. i couldnt take my eyes off of him.
and the instrumental they played in the middle of their set was beautiful as well.

the only complaint that i have is that they didnt interact with the crowd very much.
they really only moved from their respective spots on stage during the encore and they only did that once or twice.
but other than that, it was a pretty amazing show. im more than happy to have had the chance to see them live. and meet them on more than one occasion during the convention.

ps: sorry for double posting, but i though it would be nice to share my experience.

Last edited by visualkeito : 11-21-2011 at 05:41 PM.