JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

Your Gig Experiances - 04-21-2008, 08:47 PM

Hey there everyone, first of all, if there is already a thread for this then I'm sorry, but I searched and didn't find one.

This thread is for posting experiances of gigs you've been to! [Please don't post things from gigs you haven't been to.]

[This stuff is from my blog, if you wanna look at the other gig stuff or whatever that ain't on here, then it's misamisa.tk. Some stuff has been changed on her because theres too many swear words ]

Well, these are the gigs I have been to ~

Dir en grey
Dream Theater
Symphony X
My Ruin x2
Good Charlotte
Straight Razor Angels
Sharp End First x3
Icarus
Lazarus Blackstar
Mortiis
G.U Medicine
Gothminister
Leave's Eyes
Dead Film Star
Atrocity
Elis
The Archetype Falls x4
Barrabus x2
Camorra
For Love and Hate
Evile
Bloodstream
The Hunt For Ida Wave
Battle Axe
Blueprint To A Downfall
From the Carnival of Horrors
Militia
The Blackout
Clone the Fragile

[Most of these are underground bands which people won't know. Some of them I just happened to see when I was out on a night out. And there will be ones I've forgotten too.]

Going to Glastonbury fest this year ^-^

Dir en grey

FRIDAY 2ND NOVEMBER 2007

Dir En Greyyy

Well first of all, my mum dropped us off at Shipley station, where me Dez and Rach had to proper leg it to get the train to Leeds >.< With these big suitcases we were proper running and it was all sweaty on the train ;_; Anyways, we got to Leeds alright and we met Owen there, and got on the train to London. I had my DS but I completed Phantom Hourglass ages ago so I let Owen play it and we did this Nintendo quiz thing in NOM ^-^ We got to London which was pretty simple really, then we were like, we wanna be proper geeks and go to platform 9 3/4s on Harry Potter but we couldn't find it >.< So yeah we just gave up on that. Then we had to buy a ticket for the underground which was 5 quid and we ended up only using it once >.< And we got to the underground station, and we had to look at the maps which = confused. Anyways, with my brilliant navigation skills we finally ended up at the hotel, but no-one would go in so I was roped into going in first >.< We were like, where the hell is check in and got all confused and had to ask loads. But we managed to check in but we had to wait for like ages before we were actually allowed in the hotel.

So we got in at about 2, put all our stuff away and got ready for the gig. On the website it said the gig starts at 7, but on the ticket it said 5! So we kinda got in a bit late >.< However, there weren't many people there, so we sorta ran to the front and we were like at the front anyways ^-^ Then the wait began. At first they had like, people having a game competition, on Rainbow Six. It was okay at first, a bit boring after that. Ubisoft kept freaking playing game trailers for Assassins Creed, we were so like NOOOOO everytime another one came on >.< Then finally, they decided to put battle of the bands on. As soon as they started to play we were like, ewww. All the bands were actually pretty crap, but there was one in particular, this proper crap emo band who wear wearing lady clothes and jumping around like weirdos, one guy was raising his arms up like some gospel preacher omg it was tragic. So after that little charade, more rainbow six and bleedin trailers. We waited to see Dir En Grey for a literal total of 5 hours. They announced the winners of the game thing, and the winners of battle of the bands - that fucking emo band! Everyone was like, what the hell, and they got booed. Though they did win 3 guitars. The winners of the game thing got 1000 quid.

Then a man with Jam sessions for DS came out, and they were playing the DS like a guitar and singing, mega kawaii! Hehe, that was pretty cool. Then them lot went off, and friggiiiin BEAT UNION came on, and they're shite, and there were some squeaky freaking fat fake gothic fan girls stood behind us, and I was just like STFU before I shut you up, oh my days! How irrritating! Rachel got the Beat Union drumstick, but later it got mangled in the crowd.

Then finally, after 5 hours of waiting, DIR EN GREY came on. OMG at my fan girl screaming I nearly popped. Me and Rachel were all hyper, but I was proper getting crushed by peoples and I didn't want to crush the Japanese lady next to me because she was much smaller than me >.< I can't remember what they played, but they didn't play Obscure which peoples were dissapointed about. It was awesome though! Very very hot, some emo boy was like practically sitting on me, really unpleasant, I think Dez had the same experiance. Also he was singing bad Japanese and whining in my ear, also rather irritating. I didn't want him to drown out Kyo! Then, a towel was thrown out and landed in front of me, but I couldn't quite reach. - And here comes the story everybody's heard 1000000s times - the venue man gave it to me, and I had it in my hand, then some girl 3 people down grabbed it and ran off. I was unbelieveable pissed off, I actually stormed out of the venue 3 miles down the wrong road - that's Sally anger for you. Rachel got a plec though. Anyways, we finally got back.

Owen decided to run a bath, then he got 'distracted' and it kinda overflowed the WHOLE bathroom with like 3 inches of water on the floor. I opened the door and it all flooded out into the carpet. We used like 10 towels to soak it up, it was well bad! All my clothes on the floor were soaked, but magically his weren't. ;_;

We woke up the next day to go to Camden, me in soaking wet jeans, I tried to iron them dry but the ironing board collapsed on my toe ;_; I think I got all the bad luck on this trip. Then we went to the nearby cafe and got breakfast, and headed off on the underground to Camden.

I love Camden, it has the most awesome shops ever! Dez bought a pinstrip girly jacket [haha] and pinstripe pants to match, Owen bought some super kewl chainy pants, and me and Rachel bought Lolita dresses from this tiny shop called Possessed Dolls. I also bought a Hello Kitty purse, some french knickers in pink [kawaiiii!!] and a Loli parasol. Cuteness ^-^ My dress came with a headband too.

After all that shopping we were knackered, and we got the underground to Kings Cross, then back to Leeds, then back to Shipley.

All in all it was awesome, I really enjoyed it despite a few ups and downs. I will say myself I think I did a good job of thinking of this idea and arranging most of it. As I always do. Yay for Dir en grey! We have pictures too, and ones of Kyo that Owen took ^-^

~ PICTURES ~

Kyoness ~

Other pics from that gig

Me, Rachel and Dez outside London tesco!

Me and Owen queueing up to see Dir en grey ~

LMAO, Owen the morning after >.<

Last edited by MissMisa : 04-21-2008 at 08:50 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

04-21-2008, 08:48 PM

DREAM THEATER

SATURDAY 13TH OCTOBER 2007

Well what can I say! I am very very very tired and my legs are killing! Yesterday, I went to see a band called Dream Theater. They are my boyfriends favourite band, so I wanted to take him somewhere nice because we had been going out 6 months. So with 30 quid in my pocket *yay* my grandad gave me a lift to the station to meet Owen. We got on the train from Bradford to Manchester, and Owen super made me laugh because we passed some cows and he said, that when it's going to rain cows sit down so they have a dry space to sit on, and I just found that sooooo funny for some reason and was laughing all the way to Manchester. Then these really annoying girls came on the train, talking about topshop and primark and dresses and shoes -_- *Boring*. So we got in Manchester at about 12, and we had nothing to do until 7 when the gig started! So we wandered about for a bit, had a pasty and got lost a few times, we went to Starbucks and Owen bought me a caramel hot chocolate *thankies Owenchee!* and I bought my mum some nice smelling things from Lush and she was very happy and said aww Sally ^-^ and gave me a hug

Once we had finished doing all our shopping, it was time to make our way to the venue, Manchester Apollo. Easier said that done, and men certainly cannot read maps. We ended up going loadsa weird places which looked like murder scenes and I had these huge massive new rock type kinda boots on, which consequently burned holes in the heel of my socks which is obviously not very comfortable >.< When we finally got there, we were like YES FINALLY! There were about 10 people outside already, I actually thought they'd be a whole lot more, however we were about 3 hours early, so we had 3 hours of waiting to do. We were sat down for a bit, but then we got shunted behind a queueing barrier, so I pretty much had to stand up most of the time. The queue began to get longer and longer, and I was actually really surprised we managed to get right to the front of the venue doors. The Dream Theater fans seemed really nice and Owen was conversing about the ins and outs to Dream Theater with them LOL There was even an old women there, and she was queuing right at the front, now that's going to be me when I'm 60! When it got to about 6:30, the venue guys kept pretending to open the doors rather like taunting us, and my heart was beating rather fast at the thought fof 2500 big massive men all stampeding to the front >.< I am tall for a lady, but it's still rather scary!

Finally, they opened the doors! And everyone came pouring in, I was like the 5th person actually in the venue, but I was a bit slower because I had to go through bag check -_- Which I pre-determined and was prepared. I walked down through the doors (following the people in front, I hadn't a clue where I was going) And got told off for running to the front hah! But I manages to get right at the front, near the barrier, to the left, an awesome view and no-one in my way obstructing! Queueing for 3 hours was definatly worth it to get that spot! ~

After about 20 minutes, the first band started to play. The lights went down and the music went up, and when Symphony X came on stage everyone was screaming and stuff, (including me, LOL I just love the hype of gigs) and they played for about 45 minutes, although it's kinda hard to tell, time goes so quickly! The singer was actually really amazing, very talented and I liked the songs, I've heard one of them before which I was pleased about.

So, in 30 minutes, it would be the moment we'd all been waiting for! There was a big sheet in front, so you couldn't see Dream Theaters set until they removed it. Though because we were at the left, you could see the keyboard, (and by this point my boyfriend was like :O:O:O:O hehe ^_^) and it was really cool, the keyboard has like a metal hand supporting it, and it's loooks welllllll good! After a few minutes of music, and the sound check guys messing around with guitars and the like, the sheet was pulled away and everyone screamed super loud! My boyfriend nearly died at the site of Portnoy's drumkit haha As each person came on stage, everyone screamed and waved and moshed etc, and then they began to play!

I actually really loved it, they played 2 of the songs I actually knew and liked, and a random one that my boyfriend really liked too! My feet were killing but they really were awesome, I was really surprised how massive the drumkit was and how awesome he was too! Like woooooww But I think if I didn't get the free water they were giving out, I would have prolly passed out, it was sooo warm! And the men were more curteous than I first assumed, and I didn't get crushed at all.

At first, I wasn't so sure about this band, but after seeing them I think they are awesome. I think it's good that at the end they go to different bits of the stage and wave to the crowd, we were only a teeny space from them when they came to the left!

On the way back though, we missed our last train home from the proper station and were like, oh shit, we are stuck in Manchester! But we went to the piccadilly station, and couldn't afford a ticket home, because we both bought t-shirts, *mine is far too big, but Owen says it looks cute hehe ^-^* but in the end it didn't really matter because we just got the train to Leeds, and the guy didn't even notice we had the wrong tickets LOL, so that was all good. My mum picked me and Owen up and took me home, and I had tea and toasties, which I really needed because I only ate a pasty all day.

Overall, it was an awesome experiance and I'd definatly see them again, and Manchester Apollo was pretty and well managed, although the fact you can't take pictures really sucks. I forgot my camera anyways >.< But still, since we were at the front we couldn't take them because the stage people would have seen. It was an awesome day for my 6 months with Owen, such a nice coincidence it was on the same day ~ Perfect! I love you Owen, thankies for buying me hot chocolates and pasties and chocolate! ~

Love, Misa Misa

[ I'll prolly put more stuff on soon, like the time I passed out at Good Charlotte >.< Sorry for the uber long post! ]
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Hiroki (Offline)
BANNED

04-21-2008, 08:54 PM

I see every day bands in the park when I go to house from school.
But the latest are from:

ACID (Jrock) Best Song: Prayer
M-flo(J-HipHop) Best Song: Astrosexy
Dragon Ash (Jpop/JHiphop) Best Song: 静かな日々の階段を
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

04-21-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroki View Post
I see every day bands in the park when I go to house from school.
But the latest are from:

ACID (Jrock) Best Song: Prayer
M-flo(J-HipHop) Best Song: Astrosexy
Dragon Ash (Jpop/JHiphop) Best Song: 静かな日々の階段を
That's cool ^_^
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Hiroki (Offline)
BANNED

04-21-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
That's cool ^_^
To see every day the same bands rehersing in the park ? lol no...
But to see bands is quite easy here.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

04-21-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroki View Post
To see every day the same bands rehersing in the park ? lol no...
But to see bands is quite easy here.
Here it is too, it's just normally quite expensive depending on what band your seeing.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Hiroki (Offline)
BANNED

04-21-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Here it is too, it's just normally quite expensive depending on what band your seeing.

Come to me here in Japan
We can go together.

xHiroki
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

04-21-2008, 10:55 PM

I have been to see The Captains. But i met peelander Z and The emeralds.

From the sky, To the ground
Rain is falling all around
Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Obscene (Offline)
Funky Monkey Vibration

04-21-2008, 11:03 PM

I tried looking at the site you provided, and it said that it can't be found. D:

Owns/Shares:
Minase(D=OUT)|Kamijo(Versailles) | Gackt | Nell(Gacktjob)|Masato(SuG)

「一生涯、君の為、アンタの為、shoutしてよう。」 - Onpu no Tegami
If you want others to understand you, you'd better learn to understand them, too. You can't be one-sided about everything /雅

It's called Oshare Kei~ baka
(#10 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

04-22-2008, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obscene View Post
I tried looking at the site you provided, and it said that it can't be found. D:
Oh is that so? It works for me, uhm try this one :

Misa Misa's Blogs