JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Music (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-music/)
-   -   Hey! Say! JUMP (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-music/21781-hey-say-jump.html)

Ningyou 12-20-2008 08:21 PM

Hey! Say! JUMP

YouTube - Hey Say JUMP - Mayonaka no Shadow Boy PV [W/ lyrics and translations]

Does anyone else think that they're freaking awesome?

I've been getting into Asian boy bands lately >.< it's sort of sad.

clairebear 12-20-2008 09:18 PM

Loool, I used to like these guys. :'D

They're cute.

yinmehyuga 12-20-2008 10:16 PM

there pretty good

Ningyou 12-21-2008 07:46 AM

They're very cute :]

MMM 12-22-2008 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairebear (Post 648319)
Loool, I used to like these guys. :'D

They're cute.

You say it like they are the Rolling Stones.

Keaton421 12-22-2008 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairebear (Post 648319)
They're cute.

Does this have any bearing upon their musical ability?

If y'all want cute, pick up a magazine. If you want to develop some musical taste, give one of us a call.

Show me one of these effeminate pretty-boys who knows about the blues, and I'll eat my hat. This is Jonas Brothers-caliber crap, and that's coming from someone with a very diverse taste and appreciation for music.

Ningyou 12-22-2008 06:35 AM

Well, everyone likes different music. And she was just saying that they're attractive, what's wrong with that? I like them because I like their music, the fact that they're attractive is just a bonus.

Keaton421 12-22-2008 06:43 AM

I'm saying that the majority of the time, when people are talking about any musicians from Japan, they mention their appearance - sometimes, that's all they mention even though they :rheart: love :rheart: the band.

Boy bands have always been the same - get cute guys, write the same old stuff again and again with a different melody, rake in fangirls' parents' cash. It's genius, really. It's not bad music or good music - it's the absence of musical integrity.

When it comes to the greatest bands in history (and not just the ones that I like), their appearance is meaningless - their voices, sounds, and creativity are the only thing that matter.

Ningyou 12-22-2008 06:48 AM

I surprisingly agree with what you're saying, Keaton.

I do think that a lot of Japanese musicians are attractive but I like them because of their music. I wouldn't listen to a band just because I thought the members were attractive. There are bands that I love that I don't even know what the band members look like, I just listen to the music.

And like I said, looks are just a bonus if you want to watch videos or something. That's all.

xYinniex 12-22-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keaton421 (Post 649155)

Boy bands have always been the same - get cute guys, write the same old stuff again and again with a different melody, rake in fangirls' parents' cash. It's genius, really. It's not bad music or good music - it's the absence of musical integrity.

When it comes to the greatest bands in history (and not just the ones that I like), their appearance is meaningless - their voices, sounds, and creativity are the only thing that matter.

take that is a good boyband *straight face*