JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Music (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-music/)
-   -   Hey! Say! JUMP (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-music/21781-hey-say-jump.html)

Ningyou 12-20-2008 08:21 PM

Hey! Say! JUMP

YouTube - Hey Say JUMP - Mayonaka no Shadow Boy PV [W/ lyrics and translations]

Does anyone else think that they're freaking awesome?

I've been getting into Asian boy bands lately >.< it's sort of sad.

clairebear 12-20-2008 09:18 PM

Loool, I used to like these guys. :'D

They're cute.

yinmehyuga 12-20-2008 10:16 PM

there pretty good

Ningyou 12-21-2008 07:46 AM

They're very cute :]

MMM 12-22-2008 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairebear (Post 648319)
Loool, I used to like these guys. :'D

They're cute.

You say it like they are the Rolling Stones.

Keaton421 12-22-2008 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairebear (Post 648319)
They're cute.

Does this have any bearing upon their musical ability?

If y'all want cute, pick up a magazine. If you want to develop some musical taste, give one of us a call.

Show me one of these effeminate pretty-boys who knows about the blues, and I'll eat my hat. This is Jonas Brothers-caliber crap, and that's coming from someone with a very diverse taste and appreciation for music.

Ningyou 12-22-2008 06:35 AM

Well, everyone likes different music. And she was just saying that they're attractive, what's wrong with that? I like them because I like their music, the fact that they're attractive is just a bonus.

Keaton421 12-22-2008 06:43 AM

I'm saying that the majority of the time, when people are talking about any musicians from Japan, they mention their appearance - sometimes, that's all they mention even though they :rheart: love :rheart: the band.

Boy bands have always been the same - get cute guys, write the same old stuff again and again with a different melody, rake in fangirls' parents' cash. It's genius, really. It's not bad music or good music - it's the absence of musical integrity.

When it comes to the greatest bands in history (and not just the ones that I like), their appearance is meaningless - their voices, sounds, and creativity are the only thing that matter.

Ningyou 12-22-2008 06:48 AM

I surprisingly agree with what you're saying, Keaton.

I do think that a lot of Japanese musicians are attractive but I like them because of their music. I wouldn't listen to a band just because I thought the members were attractive. There are bands that I love that I don't even know what the band members look like, I just listen to the music.

And like I said, looks are just a bonus if you want to watch videos or something. That's all.

xYinniex 12-22-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keaton421 (Post 649155)

Boy bands have always been the same - get cute guys, write the same old stuff again and again with a different melody, rake in fangirls' parents' cash. It's genius, really. It's not bad music or good music - it's the absence of musical integrity.

When it comes to the greatest bands in history (and not just the ones that I like), their appearance is meaningless - their voices, sounds, and creativity are the only thing that matter.

take that is a good boyband *straight face*

clairebear 12-22-2008 07:50 PM

When I said they're cute, I meant their appearance AND music. ;)

I expected someone to think I was just referring to their looks. But Yabu Kota is hot.

Ningyou 12-22-2008 09:03 PM

I agree Clairebear. :P

Piratice 12-23-2008 05:14 AM

I have three friends who are crazy about Hey! Say! JUMP. Out of all of them, I like Ryutaro and Yuri the most. Have you seen their Christmas Carol? So kawaii!

Isn't that the point of boy bands? Using their looks to rake in cash, I mean.

The recording company of Hey! Say! JUMP, JOHNNY'S Entertainment, that's all they do. All their bands are super cute/hot. They manage NewS, Arashi, and Johnny's Junior, Super Junior, etc.

Arikado 12-23-2008 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keaton421 (Post 649155)
I'm saying that the majority of the time, when people are talking about any musicians from Japan, they mention their appearance - sometimes, that's all they mention even though they :rheart: love :rheart: the band.

Unfortunately, that is the truth. I see too much of that terrible sh*t myself. Sometimes they don't even do a good job with the "cute guys" part. Double fail right there. Two fails don't equal a win either.

Yeah, it's not about the look, it's everything to do with substance. Although X Japan pulls off both very well and is undoubtedly a legend. Obviously there are a few exceptions.

xMichiyo 01-31-2009 10:21 PM

I don't really have a special feeling against them,but I think they would be better without that girlvoice in their songs... Somehow her voice annoyes me! :eek: :rolleyes: But I gotta say I like their songs Ultra Music power and Mayonaka no Shadow Boy XD

Ningyou 02-01-2009 08:58 PM

Well, they're a boy band. So they're gonna be girly...ha.

xMichiyo 02-06-2009 08:12 PM

well I didn't mean they're girly,if it is to my ure replying,I meant the voice of that girl in their songs... her voice totally ruins it somehow >.< xD

Ningyou 02-06-2009 09:21 PM

Oh, I see what you're saying. :] I still enjoy their music though.

Tweety 02-07-2009 07:49 PM

Hahah trust me, you're not the only one! I've become a complete Asian boy band freak! Anyway, i like HSJ too! they are pretty awsome! :)

Ningyou 02-08-2009 12:51 AM

:) Woohoo! *hugs*

Anveena 03-04-2009 07:27 PM

I think the "girl" voice ur refering to is Chinens...

yuichii130 07-25-2009 09:02 AM

:)

lol , same here~ ;D
wayyy too cool~~ :pinksong:

kawaionigiri 08-02-2009 02:57 PM

and finally someone talking about Jpop now!! YEAH!
I'm just kinda sick of Jrock band -_-
no off :p

Quote:

well I didn't mean they're girly,if it is to my ure replying,I meant the voice of that girl in their songs... her voice totally ruins it somehow >.< xD
sorry.. but I'm not really agree with it
you know? the one that you said have a girl voice must be Chinen yuuri
and now his voice has mattured
and some "bad" fans in japan are just saying "just go away! you ruin the whole thing! your voice are annoying"
and I'm not really agree with that -_-

it's kinda cool having high pitch voice in age of 15
and I love it~
it's just my opinion~
:)

loliexchan 10-12-2009 06:49 PM

for all its worth~

i LOVE Hey! Say! JUMP*goes into hyper fangirl mode* they are soo cute! I really want to poke Dai-chan's cheeks. ^-^

when i first heard Chinen's voice (when it was...high pitched? :P) I was like...wao, i wished i had a voice like that! so, nothings wrong with his voice even if some may say its annoying or girly, thats their opinion. Now his voice is kinda maturing...but its o.k because Chinen is uber cute! ;)

love all of HSJ >>GANBATTE!