LinkBack Thread Tools
(#101 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-03-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orewasenshi View Post
Ah I forgot. Must have not read the VK Fangirl Handbook of Stupid.
Neither have I. I just read the word "visual".
(#102 (permalink))
Old
AsianAtHeart (Offline)
Linguist in training

01-03-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimin View Post
Agrees ^_^

But the lead singer from Nightmare is quite scary to look at, to me its not just the piercings.
Hitsugi is the one with all the piercings; he's the drummer. Yomi is the vocalist and has no piercings.

I concour to Miyavi being smexay/attractive.

Ironically, I used to just ADORE him the same way I did Gackt, but he didn't start to scare me, it's his somewhat obvious air-headedness that started to disappoint me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Neither have I. I just read the word "visual".
It's true the word 'Visual' is pretty much the case, but at the same time it's almost another thing entirely at some level to us fangirls. Visual is just that, it's just a style. But, be as strange as J-rockers may be, there needs to be talent behind those costumes otherwise they wouldn't even matter. It enhances and adds to their style of music, I guess. If they're cute/hot/beautiful, which is usually the case, that great, but the music plays a bigger part in our interest in them than most onlookers might think.

Case in point, I think Kamijo from Versailles -Philharmonic Quintet- is the most beautiful, elegant man on Earth (please don't jump on that), but I hate his old stuff from his old band, Lareine because I thought their style of playing didn't fit his voice as well as Versailles -PQ- does. Besides, they didn't really pull off their style of music to me, anyway.

Last edited by AsianAtHeart : 01-03-2009 at 08:46 AM.
(#103 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
01-03-2009, 08:27 AM

Whoops I dont listen to much Nightmare, but yeah still quite ugh to me.....

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#104 (permalink))
Old
AestheteHistory (Offline)
Left JP Like The Hokage

01-03-2009, 08:31 AM

I agree upon Miyavi being sexy as well, though I don't see why Hitsugi's piercings bother so many people I find both him and them hot!
(#105 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-03-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAtHeart View Post
It's true the word 'Visual' is pretty much the case, but at the same time it's almost another thing entirely at some level to us fangirls. Visual is just that, it's just a style. But, be as strange as J-rockers may be, there needs to be talent behind those costumes otherwise they wouldn't even matter. It enhances and adds to their style of music, I guess. If they're cute/hot/beautiful, which is usually the case, that great, but the music plays a bigger part in our interest in them than most onlookers might think.
I think we are talking about two different things, that have gotten mixed up in responding to different comments.

In my opinion, visual-kei is about two things. Music and style. Both need to be there for success to happen. It's not unlike the hair-metal bands of the 80s. We can look back and laugh at the style 20 years later, but they were (and mostly still are) very talented musicians...they just added make-up and costumes to enhance their persona...not unlike many Western musicians today.

In then end, it's about the music, and with that I agree 100% AsianAtHeart.

Reading through this thread, maybe I was confused from the start. The point, I thought, was to post what artists you found unattractive...but so many of the posts are of either 1) obviously attractive people or 2) guys with so much make-up on I cannot tell if they are attractive or not.

I threw up some pics of some ugly but popular musicians, but I guess that isn't what this thread is about...and now I feel like I am stepping into fangirl territory and should retreat posthaste.
(#106 (permalink))
Old
JRockaddict (Offline)
aishiteru bis

Send a message via AIM to JRockaddict Send a message via Yahoo to JRockaddict
01-03-2009, 10:04 AM

when i first heard music from Maximum the Hormone i was like "eff yea! this is awesome!!"
then when i looked them up on photobucket i was like "WHAT THE-!"
but the look has grown on me since then and now i like it^^

random thought: i dont really like when people stop listening to a bands music because they stop dressing up. i've noticed that lots of people arent too happy with Dir En Grey because they arent so VK anymore. i think they're getting hotter with age (all of that was a personal opinion)

i always cry out with the music filled with memories of the four seasons....
we shared....
Shunsuke, forever in my heart <3

i own Seika, Tsukasa, Hiroki, Kenzo, Tooru, Ruka, Mofto, Ediee, Ryuto, Sou, Enik, Hiko, Death-O, Nii, Ryohei, Keita, Ryuichi half of Teruki and half of Kei
bloggymyspacegaiayoutubedeviantart
(#107 (permalink))
Old
strawberryshinya (Offline)
The Boy Wonder :)

01-03-2009, 01:57 PM

i find Kaya unattractive...his smile scares me...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kaya.jpg (25.7 KB, 86 views)
(#108 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

01-03-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshimiTheEthereal View Post
LOL! I've never listened to or watched Tokio Hotel, but it sounds funny! I think its cool that they are trying to spread VK style, though.

I think Hyde and Miyavi are not attractive.
How is the cover of Glass Skin relevant. It's neither Miyavi or HYDE.

I love Tokio Hotel. Though it's only Bill who does a VK kinda thing.

This thread seems to have veered quite a bit, from the original intent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairebear View Post
Miyavi is gorgeous! I love that he doesn't have to wear a lot of makeup to look sexxay. 8D
I agree. I don't see how someone can say he isn't.

It's always seemed to me that even if people disagreed on everything else, they always liked Miyavi.

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....

Last edited by Miyavifan : 01-03-2009 at 04:39 PM.
(#109 (permalink))
Old
queenychan (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to queenychan Send a message via Yahoo to queenychan
01-03-2009, 05:14 PM

lol umm Gackt and yuki from an cafe!!(no offence to the people who like him^^)

=3
(#110 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

01-03-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAtHeart View Post

I concour to Miyavi being smexay/attractive.

Ironically, I used to just ADORE him the same way I did Gackt, but he didn't start to scare me, it's his somewhat obvious air-headedness that started to disappoint me.
Miyavi, airheaded? Judging from posts on myspace, that couldn't be further from the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRockaddict View Post

random thought: i dont really like when people stop listening to a bands music because they stop dressing up. i've noticed that lots of people arent too happy with Dir En Grey because they arent so VK anymore. i think they're getting hotter with age (all of that was a personal opinion)
I don't like that either. I completely agree. well, maybe not about Totchi? But only in regards to his new hairstyle.

Shinya though, wow he looks great looking masculine. I'm still pleasantly amazed. I've always found Kyo beautiful of course.

right now no one else comes to mind that I find unattractive.

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....