LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

02-08-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Well, MTV surely brings a lot of crap but I can't generalize on every band, because last year there was Coldplay and they are a really good band, and their music is what they claim it is... alternative.

What I hate is Tokio Hotel music, claiming to be punk rock. They're not even 1% punk rock. That's mainstream garbage lies.

Hell even my fav band, Green Day admitted they went pop rock, but they have 6 previous punk albums. Recently they said they will release a power pop-like album this year, they did not claim to be still punk.
MTV these days practically doesn't show any videos compared these days. In 2000 music videos featured up to eight hours per day, while now, only three hours a day, and they show only the mainstream crap while leaving other less popular bands behind (and the classics in that matter) thus not letting the people to widen their understanding and taste in music. That's why kids these days don't know what real rock, punk, or metal is,
MTV should be stripped of it's name, because it's not a music television anymore.

In case you don't know Coldplay formed in 1998, so they don't fit in my category, and yes they are a good band, although I didn't much like their last album, in my opinion it missed something.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
02-08-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
MTV these days practically doesn't show any videos compared these days. In 2000 music videos featured up to eight hours per day, while now, only three hours a day, and they show only the mainstream crap while leaving other less popular bands behind (and the classics in that matter) thus not letting the people to widen their understanding and taste in music. That's why kids these days don't know what real rock, punk, or metal is,
MTV should be stripped of it's name, because it's not a music television anymore.

In case you don't know Coldplay formed in 1998, so they don't fit in my category, and yes they are a good band, although I didn't much like their last album, in my opinion it missed something.
No I meant, sometimes MTV forgets and puts good music like Coldplay's. But 99.9% is just mainstream crap, like you said.

Is there a music channel worth to watch nowadays? If so, I need a suggestion, YouTube has been removing Warner Music bands and singers, so I can't preview before downloading music (or buy).

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#13 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-08-2009, 03:50 PM

Seriously? MCR is the most hated band in this site, this thread should be deleted. It's no way Japanese related.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#14 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
02-08-2009, 03:56 PM

Most of the topics in this category aren't Japanese related .

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#15 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
02-08-2009, 04:03 PM

Can't we really say that any band (including MCR) is a sellout, essentially. But I still like them we have plenty of sell-out bands and I bet there are some we can say we like. But regardless of that it doesnt make a band less of a band.

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

02-08-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Is there a music channel worth to watch nowadays? If so, I need a suggestion, YouTube has been removing Warner Music bands and singers, so I can't preview before downloading music (or buy).
Can't help you there. I something watch VH-1, but mostly at midnight when it shows old videos.
And it's the first time hear the Youtube is removing Warner music bands, I noticed some videos missing when I check one band or another, but there are other videos containing their music.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

02-08-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimin View Post
Can't we really say that any band (including MCR) is a sellout, essentially. But I still like them we have plenty of sell-out bands and I bet there are some we can say we like. But regardless of that it doesnt make a band less of a band.
To be a sell out, you need to have mainstream music. They do. Mainstream music is temporary catchy music, nothing more or less.

Quote:
(#18 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
02-08-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
To be a sell out, you need to have mainstream music. They do. Mainstream music is temporary catchy music, nothing more or less.
Most bands and or Artist happen to be mainstream though, I can't think of many that were played on TV(MTV, FUSE, etc.)and then disappeared off the scene. Lot's of things are mainstream these days, they can't help it these days..gotta milk a band or a song for all its worth I guess lol

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#19 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
02-08-2009, 05:15 PM

I like their songs.. to me this band is one of the coolest band~

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#20 (permalink))
Old
xxJustMexx (Offline)
...Me?...

02-09-2009, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyo_9 View Post
I like their songs.. to me this band is one of the coolest band~
Thank you! Finally someone not hating on MCR, and I agree I think they are one of the coolest bands, Have you seen their music video of 'Desolation Row'?

Hello I'm:
Not Anti-social
I just hate you

Last edited by xxJustMexx : 02-09-2009 at 08:03 AM.