LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

02-15-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barone1551 View Post
Thank you for the well thought out answer. But I did think before i judged. Thats why I followed though with it. What do you consider good music, or at least who are your favorite bands. There are so many genres and new bands that i cant fathom someone saying there is no good music currently. Its a matter of opinion.
*Facepalm*
Oh dear God, I'm being attacked by a master of stupid conclusions here.

What word you didn't understand! Read my first post again!

Quote:
I personally dislike any band that formed after 2000 (this includes MCR), from my point of view, none of those bands know how to make good music.
Does it matter what I listen, I never compare the bands I like with the new ones. And like I said once I'll repeat it again - I listen to everything that coughts my ear, starting from classics (like Mozart, Beethoven), all genres of rock, jazz and electronica. The only thing I hate is pure pop and rap music, but even these genres there are songs that are interesting and I don't deny that.

Quote:
I personally think there are far superior bands currently than in the 90's. I like a lot of bands formed past 2000.How can you dismiss a whole generation of music minus 3 bands. There ARE good bands. Ill tell you some if you'd like.
Oh please, give some examples which a far superior the one's in 90's. Should be fun to hear, how superior are they.

Quote:
I get how you hear echoes of the past in current music. Thats what all music is, all music has echoes of the past. Its inevitable and unavoidable. Even your precious 90's genres you mentioned have tones and influences of early rock. You don't like those 90's genres becuase they sound like earlier rock.
By saying 'echoes of the past' I meant the new bands sound like the old ones but I don't see much of the their own effort put in their songs. Every band picks something from the old ones, but it's up to them if they want just sound like old ones or move forward.

Quote:
Your reason for not likening current music is becuase you dont like new genres. I find that odd. Do you have more than one favorite band in the same genre? If so why, they weren't the first band in that genre. So by your deduction they just sound like another band and aren't original..
Again with the conclusions.

You say I don't like the new genres, but please, tell me, what genres are you talking about. I don't remember hearing about any new genres. It should be interesting to know what I missed.

Quote:
To me what you said is that you like only one band in each genre. And if something was created in the 90's what makes it stop forming as soon a new decade hits. The day 2000 hit doesn't mean that all genres start over. You can still be a part of a genre from past decades.
*skips the first sentence with another conclusion*

Music changes with each generation, you can perfectly see that with each decade, but what where the changes in after 2000, it's 2009 a new decade is gonna start, but I don't remember anything special in this one. I won't argue, there are probably lots of bands who are talented and could make a huge change in music, but they're all underground and it's hard for them to express themselves, unless they'll jump on the "mainstream train".

Quote:
P.S. out of curiosity how much music do you have?
I have more than 14000 soundtracks

Last edited by Aniki : 02-15-2009 at 05:09 PM.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
02-15-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
I can only exclude Interpol (although they formed in 1997), The Dresden Dolls and Franz Ferdinand.
One of my favorite Bands(Interpol) Ever. Sorry just had to say it lol

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#53 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
02-16-2009, 01:34 AM

You people discussing old rock and whatever to have NOTHING to do with MCR is not relevant in this thread. You can take your bitching about 'real' music and 'mainstream' to the PMs.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#54 (permalink))
Old
xxJustMexx (Offline)
...Me?...

02-16-2009, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanteNa View Post
You people discussing old rock and whatever to have NOTHING to do with MCR is not relevant in this thread. You can take your bitching about 'real' music and 'mainstream' to the PMs.
Thank You!

Hello I'm:
Not Anti-social
I just hate you
(#55 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-16-2009, 04:24 AM

Quote:
*Facepalm*
Oh dear God, I'm being attacked by a master of stupid conclusions here.

What word you didn't understand! Read my first post again!

Does it matter what I listen, I never compare the bands I like with the new ones. And like I said once I'll repeat it again - I listen to everything that coughts my ear, starting from classics (like Mozart, Beethoven), all genres of rock, jazz and electronica. The only thing I hate is pure pop and rap music, but even these genres there are songs that are interesting and I don't deny that.

Oh please, give some examples which a far superior the one's in 90's. Should be fun to hear, how superior are they.

By saying 'echoes of the past' I meant the new bands sound like the old ones but I don't see much of the their own effort put in their songs. Every band picks something from the old ones, but it's up to them if they want just sound like old ones or move forward.

Again with the conclusions.

You say I don't like the new genres, but please, tell me, what genres are you talking about. I don't remember hearing about any new genres. It should be interesting to know what I missed.

*skips the first sentence with another conclusion*

Music changes with each generation, you can perfectly see that with each decade, but what where the changes in after 2000, it's 2009 a new decade is gonna start, but I don't remember anything special in this one. I won't argue, there are probably lots of bands who are talented and could make a huge change in music, but they're all underground and it's hard for them to express themselves, unless they'll jump on the "mainstream train".

I have more than 14000 soundtracks

I can see you really enjoy arguing. Just out of curiosity I checked all your recent posts and all you do is complain and disagree.

I can only imagine the glee on your face as you copy paste all those fucking quotes... Way to flex your ego-muscle you flame!

Please, you're wasting all that intelligence with your pathetic self-righteousness.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
02-16-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Yes it is relevant. We're pointing out how we dislike this band compared to the older ones.

It's my opinion that this is mainstream. What is your problem? That I don't have the same opinion?

If you want something not relevant here it is:

Quote:
I can see you really enjoy arguing. Just out of curiosity I checked all your recent posts and all you do is complain and disagree.

I can only imagine the glee on your face as you copy paste all those fucking quotes... Way to flex your ego-muscle you flame!

Please, you're wasting all that intelligence with your pathetic self-righteousness.
The post above mine...

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#57 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

02-16-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkhartdesu View Post

OK, Einstein, you won't mind please use you that dim-witted head of yours and read my first post again and again until you understand that it was my PERSONAL OPINION, not a generalization, and everyone is entitled to theirs.
Mr. Barone1551 here instead of asking like normal people would how I came to such opinion simply called it ignorant. Fine, it was his opinion. So, in my next explained why I came to my conclusion. here read it (I'm guessing you're to stupid to find it yourself)
Quote:

A lot happened then: The grunge movement, Trip-hop and Britpop emerged, electronic music improved and got more broader, etc. I listened to most of the "now popular" bands when they only started and I compare them with the bands now. I don't see nothing new or good in the new bands, only echoes of the past. That's how I came to the conclusion that I don't like bands that formed after 2000's.
To my surprise after reading Mr. Barone1551's next post I saw a lot conclusions from his side, but he didn't bother writing which of the new bands and how they are superior than the old ones (and I still have hope that he'll show up an enlighten me with that, maybe I truly missed something).

Let's make a deal. I DON'T LIKE YOU AND I NEVER WILL, so do me a favour, use your brainpower, go to your user CP and put me to your ignore list. That way you won't see my posts.

Quote:
I wasn't discussing about old rock, and yes it has nothing to do with MCR.
As for MCR, to this point I didn't care much about them , their songs just didn't appeal me, but started hating them when I heard their cover of Bob Dylan's 'Desolation Row'.

Last edited by Aniki : 02-18-2009 at 04:11 PM.
(#58 (permalink))
Old
AzulieAngel (Offline)
Insane Shadow Roses

I love them! - 11-11-2009, 12:45 PM

I don't understand why anybody has a problem with them. I only heard four of there songs so far but I find that they have a good guitarist along with a good singer. I prefer them over Lanb of God any day! I like all of the songs I have heard so far. I've heard Teenagers, I'm Not Okay (I Promise), Helena, and Famous Last Words. Helena is a slow and mournful song because the Way brothers wrote it in honor of they're late grandmother!

LIFE is just a game

That you can never WIN

while PLAYING because

DEATH sucks!
(#59 (permalink))
Old
honoraryjapanesegirl (Offline)
Holy Dattebayo, Batman!!

Send a message via Yahoo to honoraryjapanesegirl
10-27-2010, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Went sellout way too fast.

Instead, I lost my respect when I saw this lol

Exact copy, heh.
I'd like to agree with you, iPhantom, but My Chem's record came out first, then the American Idiot look for Billie...soooo...in all actuality, Billie copied Gerard =/

I'd just like to add that I'm a huge fan of both bands...

~...Why must the different be cast away, be cast into a deep, dark pit of loneliness, being mocked and scorned as the the enemy...and eventually...become it...?~
~HonoraryJapaneseGirl~
~.::{Akatsuki Clan Member--Leader of California}::.~
~.::{Michiko Manami}::.~