JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Do you openly tell people that you listen to Japanese music?
Yes, it's not something I'm ashamed of. 205 85.42%
Yes, but only to friends. 27 11.25%
No, because people ridicule me for it. 6 2.50%
No, not even to friends. 2 0.83%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
MaymeRachael (Offline)
War Sucks, Let's Party!

Send a message via Yahoo to MaymeRachael
~[What REALLY Made You Like Your Bands?]~ - 12-29-2007, 10:58 PM

I thought about the idea of making a poll to find this out, but I decided that this would just be easier... Why do you like the bands you listen to? What caught your eye in the begining? Was it their looks first, then you heard how well their music sounded...WHAT??? And how did you find them? Friends...Tv..Internet?

I remember what got me hooked was seeing Dir en grey on a music channel called Fuse...they had played their video for The Final...and I was hooked.....then I found Miyavi, Girugamesh, MUCC, Duel Jewel, An Cafe, Yoshiki on a channel called IMF....then I found a bunch of others here! ^_^'
To be honest Diru's looks were what caught my eye first...then finding out that they were from was another plus b/c I was still CRAZY for Japan back then ^_^

Muffin Club Founder & President l Miyavi Stalking Society l Jello Club
Matoi from Phantasmagoria l Sharing Satoshi from Girugamesh w/Miyavifan
MEMBER OF THE FINAL FANTASY CLAN CODENAME:AERIS
(#2 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
12-29-2007, 11:08 PM

Omg! X'3 Well.. I'll try... Just.. mentioning some of 'em.

Dir en Grey:
Well. First of all I was drawn to this by Kyo. O_O'' His looks and all these emotions he got going on when he's on stage just caught me. It's amazing. >_>'' Yet, to begin with I didn't like the music that much. Kyo's always fascinated me though. ^^''
I'm pretty sure I discovered these by a mistake. XD haha! But I sure as hell don't regret doing so. Now I lov' 'em to death! *_*

Alice Nine:
Hiroto and Saga!!! *_* I don't need to say more. Yes it was the looks - and obviously it still is. Eeeeek! X''3

12012:
Again. 'accident' or.. 'coincidence' if you may. ^^'' I loved the song BURN from the very beginning. Just.. rocks!<3 Yuusuke is teh smexx (and he belongs to me.. -_-'')

LM.C:
LeBroche from this place introduced me for this band. I loved 'em right away. Especially 'Rock the LM.C' *_*;; I kinda followed their growing ever since the beginning of 2007, so I'm kind of a newbie-fan. XD haha!

Miyavi:
Ma first jrock-looooove! X''3 I had this HUUUUGGE crush on Meevster to begin with. ^^ Celebrating my second year as a fan. WOOHOO~! I saw a picture of him on this danish Music Channel on TV. Something about Bill from Tokio Hotel being a copy cat. *giggle* Anyway. First track was Jibun Kakumei and DAMN will I luv his music till my heart beats for the very last time. :''3

the GazettE:
I discovered Gazeboys by coincidence as well. ^^ I don't really remember why, but I found ''Zakurogata no Yuuutsu'' on Youtube - listened - was sold<3 GAZEROCK's NOT DEAD and god dammit I will DIE the day they decide to disband. *_* Aooiiiiii<3 -faints-

Vidoll:
I saw ''Gothikaroid'' (yush, the PV) about a year ago and obviously fell in love with Jui's voice. ^^ Hell yearh I own this boy!! Cheese and crackers he's the smexx. *_*;; Anyway. His voice is awesome - he cannot dance though. O_o

Egurigori:
Again; coincidence. *dances* They disbanded last year - which sucks. But the song 'Sweet Waltz' is addictive. O_O'' I'm SOOO in love with this shit and I really need to meet up with these guys to kick their bony asses into the ground. ^^'''

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MaymeRachael (Offline)
War Sucks, Let's Party!

12-29-2007, 11:16 PM

(laughs)
Your one about Meeves was funny! ^_^'
I think it was the Neo Visualism video that made me stare and continue to gaze @ him! ^_^ And his guitar skills just blew me away!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7ThoGOST-Gw

(#4 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

12-29-2007, 11:18 PM

Yeh. O_O it wasn't until I saw his Selfish Love PV I really realized how fucked up his skills are. *faints*

Yuh - that clip. *dreamy eyes* :''3

Follow me on TUMBLR
- Pot Roast
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MaymeRachael (Offline)
War Sucks, Let's Party!

12-29-2007, 11:26 PM

WOW!!!

And I thought I was bad ^_~ No offense!
()

(#6 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

12-29-2007, 11:49 PM

Ahem!~ >_>'' Actually. I'm practicing my slabbin' skills on my precious Washburn. *_* -dreamy eyes- That sooooooound.. *faints*

Wonder who taught him to play the guitar. O_o

Follow me on TUMBLR
- Pot Roast
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MaymeRachael (Offline)
War Sucks, Let's Party!

12-29-2007, 11:52 PM

I don't know....good question...maybe we should find the person...kidnap them and force them to teach us! ^_^'

(#8 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

12-29-2007, 11:55 PM

YUSHIES! *_* That'll be a good idea. But yush. ^^'' His guitar made me love his music too. :''3 It's weird to admit I had a crush on him.. but srsly. >_>'' who can blame me?

Follow me on TUMBLR
- Pot Roast
(#9 (permalink))
Old
VisualKei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to VisualKei Send a message via Yahoo to VisualKei
12-29-2007, 11:57 PM

Mmmkay. Let's see...

AnCafe
My first visual kei band! A friend of mine showed me a picture of Bou and insisted that he was a boy, while I had a hard time believing it. So I did some research, found out that he was right, and then fell in love with the music xD My first song was "Tekesuta Kousen".

HIZAKI Grace Project
A friend's reccomendation. My first song was "Cradle".

Versailles
My love of HIZAKI grace project made me take up this band. They share three members My first song was "The Revenant Choir".

Iceman
The anime Gravitation made me fall in love with these guys, since they sang the extremely catchy Shining Collection for it <3

Hyde
This was a reccomendation from a girl I roleplayed with. She made me listen to "The Cape of Storms" and I was automatically addicted.

OFFICIAL OWNER OF HIZAKI AND JASMINE YOU
(#10 (permalink))
Old
MelfinaPan (Offline)
Hardcore Kurage

Send a message via AIM to MelfinaPan
12-30-2007, 12:24 AM

Plastic Tree
A friend of mine sent me a mp3 of Kuuhaku no hi and Ryutaro's vocal was so passionate that I had to hear more from them. I had to kick myself after that because I had a greatest hits of theirs sitting in my cabinet and I just never listened to it. After listening to it I fell madly in love and I've been a fan ever since. I'm a hard core Kurage now

L'Arc~en~Ciel
I was immediately attracted to Hyde's voice. He has a gorgeous voice (not to mention the fact that he's gorgeous physically...). Their old stuff is just awesome. They're a little too poppy for my taste now, but they still sound good.

Kagrra
I remember being mesmerized by Isshi's vocal. I bought Gozen on a whim, started listening to it, and couldn't stop. I really loved the concept behind the group with the blend of rock music and traditional Japanese music.

Buck-Tick
Again, it was a voice thing. Sakurai Atsushi's voice is orgasmic...yup. I heard Dress for the first time and his voice literally sent shivers up my spine...

Miyavi
I remember that I didn't like him at first. Can you imagine? What brought me around was seeing the Night In Girl PV. After that I started to listen to more of his music and realized that he was quite talented.

Kra, The Gazette, and Alice Nine
I discovered these guys all at the same time. When I started to get more into Miyavi, I became interested in other groups on the PSC label. I downloaded a Peace and Smile Carnival dvd rip and of course after that I had to get as much as I could from them. I have to say though, I like my Gaz boys a bit more than Kra and A9, but I love all three groups.

*MySpace*

Illustrious Keeper of Plastic Tree (Arimura Ryutaro, Hasegawa Tadashi, Nakayama Akira, and Sasabuchi Hiroshi)