JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
[American] Green Day - 04-17-2009, 05:45 PM

Finally they released the first single 'Know Your Enemy' of their new upcoming album called '21st Century breakdown'. The album itself will have a rock-opera theme just like 'American Idiot' and will focus on the happenings of a couple in this century... but most important the album will have a more 'power pop' sound (Green Day is well known for experimenting new genres on every album).

The single is available here Amazon.com: Know Your Enemy: MP3 Downloads: Green Day

Definitely check it out.
---------------

Green Day originally started out as a 3-man punk band in 1987. former drummer was soon replaced by Tre Cool and the band has remained with the same line up. As I stated previously, Green Day's style has varied withint every album. Their first album, 39/Smooth has pure punk rock sounds while Billie Joe incorporates amazing guitar solos. Not until 'Dookie', the band started to be more 'punk' lyrically, thus it is their most succesful album and it has unfluenced many punk bands of this generation and also revived the old gone punk genre.

Since then, every new album has been less punk than the previous (the sound, not lyrics) and especially the pop rock album 'American Idiot'.

---------------

Latest Pics:

DNA Lounge: Green Day

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
koikurasu (Offline)
Obey the fist!

Send a message via AIM to koikurasu Send a message via MSN to koikurasu Send a message via Skype™ to koikurasu
04-17-2009, 06:03 PM

I love Green Day, cept American Idiot was kinda blah.

Was it something I said? Whatever it was, I didn't mean it. I haven't meant anything I've said for years. Except what I just said. I think

Final Fantasy Clan Member
CODE NAME: CHOCOBO
(#3 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
04-17-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koikurasu View Post
I think it was awesome... the songs meaning was linked to each other, it was a whole story.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Yuusuke (Offline)
Banned!

04-17-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koikurasu View Post
i think Green Day is alrite

American Idiot was one of there meh albums.
the song American Idiot was the only thing good

Don't get me started on how many times they played BOBD it killed me so.

Holiday could've been better. the singer should've put more emotion in his voice when he said "On Holiday"

Minority, i'm not sure what album minority album was, it wasn't that bad though X.X

but most of green days songs were kinda bleh, next plz lol

(#5 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

04-17-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuusuke View Post
but most of green days songs were kinda bleh, next plz lol
There are much better songs, from Dookie especially. After dookie they had some sucky albums indeed lol.

Listen to:

Basket Case
Good Riddance
Hitchin a Ride
Longview
Jesus of Suburbia

The songs above are great pieces.

Quote:
(#6 (permalink))
Old
reihiino (Offline)
The North Remembers

04-18-2009, 01:58 AM

Ah yes Green Day...great East Bay band...there from a town that nots too far from where I live. Their restaurant is the best!

s the 10th doctor
s Verbal & Taku
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Yuusuke (Offline)
Banned!

04-19-2009, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
There are much better songs, from Dookie especially. After dookie they had some sucky albums indeed lol.

Listen to:

Basket Case
Good Riddance
Hitchin a Ride
Longview
Jesus of Suburbia

The songs above are great pieces.
i listened

i only like Jesus of Surburbia

(#8 (permalink))
Old
BucktheWolf (Offline)
Hacked by v1xx

Send a message via AIM to BucktheWolf Send a message via MSN to BucktheWolf Send a message via Yahoo to BucktheWolf Send a message via Skype™ to BucktheWolf
04-19-2009, 08:36 AM

Come on, man! How could you NOT like Long View? That bass line is sexy

Anyway, Green Day is ok I like them well enough. I thought American Idiot was fantastic, as the genre goes.

That first post did them up like rock Gods, though, and they certainly are not. They work more as pop punk.

[あなたはハッキングされました)]
(#9 (permalink))
Old
hikkiFM (Offline)
Pink Is Life

Send a message via Yahoo to hikkiFM
04-19-2009, 08:45 AM

i like greenday... greenday is ok... ^_^

Otosan - Sephiroth VVC ,Okaasan -ChiAmaterasuNeko
Onee chan - Pexter
(#10 (permalink))
Old
DJnohara (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-25-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Finally they released the first single 'Know Your Enemy' of their new upcoming album called '21st Century breakdown'. The album itself will have a rock-opera theme just like 'American Idiot' and will focus on the happenings of a couple in this century... but most important the album will have a more 'power pop' sound (Green Day is well known for experimenting new genres on every album).

The single is available here Amazon.com: Know Your Enemy: MP3 Downloads: Green Day

Definitely check it out.
---------------

Green Day originally started out as a 3-man punk band in 1987. former drummer was soon replaced by Tre Cool and the band has remained with the same line up. As I stated previously, Green Day's style has varied withint every album. Their first album, 39/Smooth has pure punk rock sounds while Billie Joe incorporates amazing guitar solos. Not until 'Dookie', the band started to be more 'punk' lyrically, thus it is their most succesful album and it has unfluenced many punk bands of this generation and also revived the old gone punk genre.

Since then, every new album has been less punk than the previous (the sound, not lyrics) and especially the pop rock album 'American Idiot'.

---------------

Latest Pics:

DNA Lounge: Green Day

Great new song by them!
Green Day rocks!!