LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Noriko Sakai - 08-08-2009, 08:40 PM

This is freaking shame.
throwing it all away...

Japan really needs to crack down more on drugs getting in... more and more losing the battle..

Actress-singer Noriko Sakai missing since husband's arrest

Japanese Gossip/Reports say she has been seen doing such drugs (pipe / cocaine) which I assume to be "crack"... but could be gossip...
(#2 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

Post Pop star Sakai arrested in Tokyo - 08-10-2009, 02:12 AM

Such a beautiful singer. Are drugs really that bad?

Do you think Japanese laws go a bit over the top?

Pop star Sakai arrested in Tokyo

Noriko Sakai has released more than 25 albums

Miss Sakai's disappearance had dominated headlines in Asia

Japanese pop star Noriko Sakai, who disappeared on Monday after her husband was detained on drugs charges, has surrendered herself to Tokyo police.
The 38-year-old singer, who is known for her girl-next-door image, was arrested on suspicion of possessing illegal stimulants.
Tokyo police said a small quantity of drugs had been found in her apartment.
Her 10-year-old son, who had also been missing, was found safe in Tokyo on Thursday night.
"Noriko Sakai was arrested last night and we would like to offer an apology to all her fans for the trouble caused," said Masahisa Aizawa, president of Sakai's management company, Sun Music.
"I would like her to reflect on what she has done and feel the weight of the crime she has committed.

"I would strongly urge her to seek rehabilitation," he added.
Ms Sakai's husband, Yuichi Takaso, 41, was arrested last Monday for alleged drug possession.
Questions concerning the star's whereabouts have dominated headlines in Asia ever since, with her mother-in-law asking police to search for her, and Mr Aizawa urging her client not to go through this difficult time by herself.
Ms Sakai rose to fame in 1987 after releasing a single, Otoko no Ko ni Naritai, a few days before her 16th birthday.
Known as Nori-P during her early career, she began to use her real name after turning to acting in the 1990s.
One of her most acclaimed roles came in TV melodrama Hitotsu Yane no Shita.

Cheers - Oz
(#3 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-10-2009, 02:21 AM

From what I understand she was arrested for methamphetamine. Anyone who knows about this drug realizes that not only her looks will be ruined but also her career would be ruined and probably followed by her death. This arrest might be the best thing to happen to her because now she can get some help.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

08-10-2009, 02:28 AM

But why was her son in tokyo??
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
08-10-2009, 02:35 AM

So sad i have followed her career for a long time. After a brief research session i saw what belyvis commented on. If she was really using methamphetamine her being arrested is the best thing that could have happened. They could have found her dead this was a much better alternative.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Sblegach (Offline)
you gonna eat that?

Send a message via AIM to Sblegach Send a message via MSN to Sblegach
08-10-2009, 04:20 AM

Well she was arrested for suspicion?? She couldnt have done it, because it would mess up her career, and im sure that wouldnt be the path for her. Why was her son in Tokyo? Why wasnt he check for this at all? The husband, well, he was arrested earlier for drug posession! So it makes you think, what if she was covering for her husband?

Mada Mada Dane

Pyon!

Last edited by Sblegach : 08-10-2009 at 04:22 AM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-10-2009, 04:41 AM

She was given the option to come to the police and have urine testing done to clear her of suspicion of use. She was separated from her husband, and the only thing they had to go on to suspect her was his saying she did. Police asked her to voluntarily come to them for testing.
What did she do? RUN.
I think that makes it pretty clear that she was also indeed using.

She also took her 10 year old son who later could not be found. Tracking her cellphone put her in serious countryside and mountains... An ideal place for a suicide. They had EVERY reason to panic and search for her.

I don`t see why they should look at her son for this. In Japan, drugs are not out and about where kids can get them. Especially not 10 year olds.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Sblegach (Offline)
you gonna eat that?

Send a message via AIM to Sblegach Send a message via MSN to Sblegach
08-10-2009, 05:04 AM

Im just looking at the post and what was given, the fact her son was missing. What about her husband? Maybe she ran because she wasnt on them, and if they checked her they might know she was covering up for something? Maybe covering for her husband? There are just some missing pieces.

Mada Mada Dane

Pyon!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-10-2009, 06:58 AM

Sakai's son was found at the house of a friend. She had dropped him off and paid her friend 50k yen to watch him. A search by police of her apartment found drug paraphernalia which had her DNA on it.

New revelations are that Sakai is the daughter of a yakuza gangster, and with this new bit of information many of the public are now seeing her in a different light. As the daughter of such a person, people now think that Sakai inherited a crime-prone personality from her father. Sakai's husband was arrested for drug possession, but many now are of the opinion that he was buying the drugs for her use.

Other interesting information is that Sakai has been separated from her husband (a "professional surfer", which is another word for unemployed) for some time, and that Sakai is a close friend of her husband's mistress.

Some people now recall seeing Sakai in Tokyo techno dance clubs, where people often go to use drugs anonymously.

Sakai turned herself in to police yesterday, admitting (and apologizing for) her drug use problem.

As a result of the news and her confession, television commercials in which she is currently appearing in (one of which is for Toyota Motor Company) have been pulled off the air.

If this were America, she would be checked into rehab, and probably be back to work in another year. But this is Japan, and drug use here is unpardonable, even more so in her case, as her 10 year old son was involved in the incident.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

08-10-2009, 09:29 AM

i did notice there's been a few raids on asian celebrities for drug use recently, especially in japan. Last i heard, famous celebrities from both south korea and hong kong have ben arrested and trialed.

Lets just say the japanese jury willl not be lenient.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"