JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#111 (permalink))
Old
DesiredMess (Offline)
.Infront of Persona.

12-31-2007, 08:21 PM

I get picked at for liking Jrock too. My friends always taunt me saying I don't know what they are even saying (which is wrong since I look the lyrics up and I'm trying to learn Japanese) and that the music is just weird.

In my opinion their music is weird and jrock is the best out there. Who cares what people say?

Videogame junkie extraordinaire. I often need help getting snapped back into reality, so bare with me.
(#112 (permalink))
Old
Kisuke12 (Offline)
JF Regular

01-01-2008, 06:11 AM

I'm glad my parents don't complain about me listening to J-Rock. Just tell your parents that Japanese music is better than anything else and that it is your decision to listen to it, not theirs.

Yay!!!!!!!!!

Tomo-chan - Azumanga Daioh
(#113 (permalink))
Old
MaymeRachael (Offline)
War Sucks, Let's Party!

Send a message via Yahoo to MaymeRachael
01-02-2008, 12:51 AM

I had the easiest time convincing my mom into allowing me to buy this $50 Miyavi set! ^_^ And it's awesome ^_~

Muffin Club Founder & President l Miyavi Stalking Society l Jello Club
Matoi from Phantasmagoria l Sharing Satoshi from Girugamesh w/Miyavifan
MEMBER OF THE FINAL FANTASY CLAN CODENAME:AERIS
(#114 (permalink))
Old
NaruNaruChan (Offline)
its been so long dear JF

Send a message via AIM to NaruNaruChan
01-02-2008, 12:55 AM

My parents don't pick on me for liking the music. They say that jrock is ok and I have a right to like the music I like. They only tease me about the band members saying that they look like girls and it disgusting...

Claims:
auncia~ Yosuke, Hikari
Billy~Tsubuku
Merry~Nero
Mix Speakers~ Miki
The underneath~Ryo
Versailles~Teru
Ruvie~Tsubame
(#115 (permalink))
Old
ajsnoopy (Offline)
Pineapple of doom...

01-02-2008, 12:58 AM

my parents just think it's odd that I listen to music of a language I don't understand @_@ but my mom actually liked a few of DeG's songs, granted they were the ballads from Withering to Death. And I was surprised to see that I had gotten a Miyavi cd set for Christmas this year O_o

I also happened to get a new betta a couple of weeks ago; ended up naming him Shinya X) how I love thee, amazing drummer. My parents think the name fit him perfectly!! He's kind of a rust red, and his tail fades into gray and black, like fire into smoke he's so beautiful!!

Amazing sig made by claimee, NeoVisualizm <3

Recent claim: Kiri (heidi.)

Last edited by ajsnoopy : 01-02-2008 at 01:00 AM. Reason: had to mention ma fish ^_^
(#116 (permalink))
Old
MaymeRachael (Offline)
War Sucks, Let's Party!

Send a message via Yahoo to MaymeRachael
01-02-2008, 01:00 AM

I let my mom listen to a song from The Marrow of a Bone and she thought is was okay...but my dad could careless what I listen to...^_^

Muffin Club Founder & President l Miyavi Stalking Society l Jello Club
Matoi from Phantasmagoria l Sharing Satoshi from Girugamesh w/Miyavifan
MEMBER OF THE FINAL FANTASY CLAN CODENAME:AERIS
(#117 (permalink))
Old
eitoolover (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to eitoolover
Thumbs up 01-16-2008, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarumonoKyo View Post
My family and friends have been making fun of me for listening to Dir en Grey. They keep saying stuff like "how can you listen to that stupid jap music? you cant even understand it." then then mock it by trying to imitate a japanese person singing, but they aren't even speaking a real language.

My dad was the worst. But he didn't just get on about the music he was going full on about Pearl harbor and stuff like that.

Finally, yesterday i forced him to listen to my Dir en grey CD on my way home.
And guess what?

He fucking liked it o_o
People need to stop being racist about Japanese music.
And stop underestimating Jrock.
It is good, you just have to give it a chance.

But, he said they sounded like Tool. Who is Tool? D8

Jesus; i cant even put into words how much i agree with you here!
My family has done that now for nearly a year! They go on about me not being able to understand it; yeah so what right now i dont understand ALOT of it.. but i will one day :] They are so racist sometimes i wish i wasn't related to them.

My dad is the worst too; he callls asians the most horrible word; G**k. I think that word is fucking disgusting.

But; you know, who the hell cares what opther people think right? I know it hurts when your family doesnt approive of things you like; but just ignore them, it makes you haoppy yeah? the music i mean :] dont ever let anyoine change your thoughts about what you love.

I laugh, because even though my family mock my taste in music; when i keep playing Kanjani8 or Kat-tun and my other music, they end up humming or singing it later; I grin then say why are you singing my music if you hate it?

My younger sister is into the.. american emo type stuff.. like the full on screaming, which for some reason, i like it better when jrockers do it, they sound GOOD, others dont :] so i tease her too, but we do it in a fun way. Heh.

ANYWHO. Main point of this reply; DONT LISTEN TO THEM. JUST CONTINUE YOUR PASSION :]

KANJANI8 = = LUURVE.
(#118 (permalink))
Old
DivineBled (Offline)
Bloody St Elegance

Send a message via Yahoo to DivineBled
01-16-2008, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eitoolover View Post
Jesus; i cant even put into words how much i agree with you here!
My family has done that now for nearly a year! They go on about me not being able to understand it; yeah so what right now i dont understand ALOT of it.. but i will one day :] They are so racist sometimes i wish i wasn't related to them.

My dad is the worst too; he callls asians the most horrible word; G**k. I think that word is fucking disgusting.

But; you know, who the hell cares what opther people think right? I know it hurts when your family doesnt approive of things you like; but just ignore them, it makes you haoppy yeah? the music i mean :] dont ever let anyoine change your thoughts about what you love.

I laugh, because even though my family mock my taste in music; when i keep playing Kanjani8 or Kat-tun and my other music, they end up humming or singing it later; I grin then say why are you singing my music if you hate it?

My younger sister is into the.. american emo type stuff.. like the full on screaming, which for some reason, i like it better when jrockers do it, they sound GOOD, others dont :] so i tease her too, but we do it in a fun way. Heh.

ANYWHO. Main point of this reply; DONT LISTEN TO THEM. JUST CONTINUE YOUR PASSION :]
agreed, just continue your passion

To listen to D'Narco Revolution:

http://www.myspace.com/dnarcorevolution

To join D'Narco Revolution's fan-club:

http://www.myspace.com/heavenlyhellrenegade

Countdown until D'Narco Revolution 2CD Release:2 months

Countdown to tour: 5 months starting in NY.

Currently: Hanging out with the guys. Working on 2 Additional CD's and 4 Pv's. Packing for Tokyo, leaving for Tokyo Nov. 11,2008
(#119 (permalink))
Old
Eveilaje (Offline)
Don't cry Loz.

01-22-2008, 01:46 AM

Uh come on.. Don't give him that. Everyone can consult what he/she doesn't like. The real aspect of disrespectfulnes is calmly criticising it that way.
(#120 (permalink))
Old
phishn37 (Offline)
Time to fly ~ !

01-22-2008, 02:28 AM

My friends don't really care, they just don't understand why I like music that's so poppy and hyper ~ ! (I listen mostly to anime music.)

But keep in mind that everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. Just because someone doesn't like Japanese music doesn't mean they are ignorant, or close-minded, but just that they don't like that style ~ ! And all Japanese music is not better than all American music. Some Japanese music is awesome, and some American music is awesome ~ ! (Just like some Japanese music sucks, just like some American music sucks.)

You've got to run like an antelope, out of control!

My JapanForum Family!
Imotou : criminalpanda
Oniisan : IonFortuna
Oniisan: Tuhin
Otouto: MarkDuff
Oniisan: Hisuwashi