(#121 (permalink))
Old
VisualKei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to VisualKei Send a message via Yahoo to VisualKei
01-22-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishn37 View Post
My friends don't really care, they just don't understand why I like music that's so poppy and hyper ~ ! (I listen mostly to anime music.)

But keep in mind that everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. Just because someone doesn't like Japanese music doesn't mean they are ignorant, or close-minded, but just that they don't like that style ~ ! And all Japanese music is not better than all American music. Some Japanese music is awesome, and some American music is awesome ~ ! (Just like some Japanese music sucks, just like some American music sucks.)
That's true, but I hate when some people hate that music BECAUSE it's Japanese. My father listens to some really similar English music, for example, and I'm just starting to open him up to Jrock (though I showed him a picture of Mana yesterday and his response was less than enthusiastic). My mom always asks me why I'm listening to that "chink crap" and it just really bothers me. I have an interest in the culture and I love the music, and that's nothing that I want to be ashamed of.

OFFICIAL OWNER OF HIZAKI AND JASMINE YOU
(#122 (permalink))
Old
Darkstar (Offline)
New to JF

01-28-2008, 10:24 PM

It's a real shame. But ask your friend ( if you aren't british ) to translate quicky the lyrics of his favourite songs. Most can't

That's why i wonder why they think j-rock sucks.
(#123 (permalink))
Old
lpdirufangirl09 (Offline)
Gaijin Zombie Hero

Send a message via AIM to lpdirufangirl09
01-29-2008, 02:30 AM

This is random, but what bands would be considered as grindcore? American & not.

I'll bloom as the poison flower
and become the flower that blooms again.

(#124 (permalink))
Old
cami71213 (Offline)
Uh Believer

Send a message via AIM to cami71213 Send a message via MSN to cami71213 Send a message via Yahoo to cami71213
I know what you mean - 02-03-2008, 11:58 AM

I know what you mean by people picking on you and not understanding you. As for me, being Mexican, people tell me that I'm abandoning my "kind". And that Japanese Culture has no room in my life. This is said by ALL my friends and family. They say that Gackt looks like a woman and is weird. That HYDE looks like a homosexual. How Miyavi is goofy looking. I hate the fact that judge on looks. I think it's because they know that all these three guys can get any girl they want and they're jealous.

I'm a new JRock/JPop fan. I love it! Absolutely Love it!!!

Before I was like others that made fun of Japanese music. I'm sorry. I should of kept my mouth shut. I'm so mad because the whole time I was making fun of it, I was missing out! I'm so pissed at myself!!!

I see the light with JRock/JPop!!

Camille
(#125 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

02-03-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualKei View Post
That's true, but I hate when some people hate that music BECAUSE it's Japanese. My father listens to some really similar English music, for example, and I'm just starting to open him up to Jrock (though I showed him a picture of Mana yesterday and his response was less than enthusiastic). My mom always asks me why I'm listening to that "chink crap" and it just really bothers me. I have an interest in the culture and I love the music, and that's nothing that I want to be ashamed of.
Thats just so damn deragatory, she's racist to not only japanese, but chinese.
'Chink' is the most horrible insult you could throw at a chinese person.
Im shocked that your mother said it.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#126 (permalink))
Old
BancheexBeauty (Offline)
JF Regular

02-03-2008, 02:17 PM

That is pretty messed up.
But noone in my family like rock period so xD
I mean they tease me about it, but at the same time they don't really care because it's my own taste in music and I listen to bands all over the world, even American

What does bother me is when I was in High School or in any situation actually.

Person: Why do you listen to that crap? Do you even understand them?
Me: Sometimes, I get the gist of it *took up to AP japanese*
Person: So obviously, you're the kind of person who just like to listen to it for the music and not for the lyrics like how you're truely suppose to!
Me: Okay um, so I guess you listen to American bands?
Person: Yes
Me: And do you understand what they're saying when they're singing?
Person: No sometimes I have to go on the internet so I can sing along with them.
Me: Exactly my point.

Case being, even when I listen to english speaking music, I don't know exactly what they're saying so I have to go online to find the lyrics, just like Japanese music. Also, another thing, it's always the emo kids that listen to hardcore, screamo asking me that. The irony of it all!!

-Sometimes you have to do the things you don't want to do, so you can do that things you want to.
(#127 (permalink))
Old
kireikoori (Offline)
Haplogroup N(Y-DNA)

02-03-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpdirufangirl09 View Post
This is random, but what bands would be considered as grindcore? American & not.
Well Unholy Grave is Japan's best grindcore band imho.

Q: Who cares what other people think?!?!
A: Japanese people do.
(#128 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
02-03-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BancheexBeauty View Post
Person: Why do you listen to that crap? Do you even understand them?
Me: Sometimes, I get the gist of it *took up to AP japanese*
Person: So obviously, you're the kind of person who just like to listen to it for the music and not for the lyrics like how you're truely suppose to!
Me: Okay um, so I guess you listen to American bands?
Person: Yes
Me: And do you understand what they're saying when they're singing?
Person: No sometimes I have to go on the internet so I can sing along with them.
Me: Exactly my point.
The exact same thing happened to me. One of my socalled 'goth' friends (he doesn't look or seem goth at all, yet claim to be so.) keep on bashing me about jrock. He's always over me saying ''How can you love a band and not know what they sing about'' and I KEEP explaining it as ''I do understand some of it. Lyrics are translated online. Yet I do not only listen to the lyrics. I feel the flow of the song. The atmosphere that the lyrics are sung in, are at least as important as the lyrics themselves.'' The retarded moron never gets it. He obviously WANTS to fight me.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#129 (permalink))
Old
BancheexBeauty (Offline)
JF Regular

02-03-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanteNa View Post
The exact same thing happened to me. One of my socalled 'goth' friends (he doesn't look or seem goth at all, yet claim to be so.) keep on bashing me about jrock. He's always over me saying ''How can you love a band and not know what they sing about'' and I KEEP explaining it as ''I do understand some of it. Lyrics are translated online. Yet I do not only listen to the lyrics. I feel the flow of the song. The atmosphere that the lyrics are sung in, are at least as important as the lyrics themselves.'' The retarded moron never gets it. He obviously WANTS to fight me.
And there are people that like listening to the music because it sounds good. Not everyone listens to the music for their lyrics(ex. Rap, Death Metal), wether it's in their native tongue or not. People are so ridiculous sometimes. They need to stop worrying about what I listen to and broaden their own horizons

-Sometimes you have to do the things you don't want to do, so you can do that things you want to.
(#130 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

02-03-2008, 07:24 PM

isn't death metal, partially howling?

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"