JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Music (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-music/)
-   -   Racism against Japanese Music (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-music/3169-racism-against-japanese-music.html)

XjhonnyX 05-11-2007 02:33 PM

if the race isnt in the US then they think they have a right to judge them as bad.

Yes i have to admit us americans are very selfish, but i choose to be deviant!!!

Jo_Kittie 05-11-2007 07:59 PM

true true.. for what i know there's a ig area in the US where it mostly lives Chinese people, ne?

John 05-11-2007 08:01 PM

if you've been or go to Dallas,tx theres a good part of the city where most of it is asian with asian stores and stuff.

Jo_Kittie 05-11-2007 08:08 PM

I feel so smart right now cause I know where dallas is xD like in texas or something... but, isn't there a city or something called "kinatown" ?? xD now I feel stupid

John 05-11-2007 08:55 PM

the part of the city that is asian is called Chinatown and Los Angelos has one too.

VisualKei 12-28-2007 02:05 PM

Ick. Mmmkay, I know I'm reviving a dead thread and whatnot, but I couldn't agree more.

My dad is actually okay with it. He says that jrock today is a lot like American rock in the eighties. My mom calls them all gay japs and stuff. My sister actually loves it (go her 8D)

One of my friends was getting really pissed at me, and she kept saying like, "If you're going to listen to that crap, you should go to Japan," and all this stuff. Then I made her listen to Iceman, and she freaking LOVED it. xD

NanteNa 12-28-2007 02:57 PM

Hahahah! XD I love when that happens.
People keep dissing it - but in the end they admit that it kicks ass and become fans themselves. *giggle*

It's the mighty power of jrock<3

forgotenmemory 12-28-2007 03:05 PM

My bro doesn't listen to it, but if he heard it he would imitate it to annoy me. But he isn't being racist, just stupid. And my mom wouldn't care, she might like the rythom. And my sister likes some songs.

kunitokotachi 12-28-2007 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaicui (Post 116391)
Korean!? wtf!? no offense but i dislike koreans

Why do you hate Koreans? There is no good reason to say that you hate Koreans.

kunitokotachi 12-28-2007 03:26 PM

Is the racism here in the U.S. towards asians still that bad? I guess I don't go out enough anymore. It was pretty horrible for me in high school because I'm half Japanese. I had to fight people off often. I also remember when I was in the 6th grade and the chapter about WWII and Japan's involvement came up. I remember one kid said, "we should drop another nuclear bomb on Japan." I'll never forget that one. I also remember around the time after "Master P" came out with that one movie "bout it" he came out with another movie (can't remember the name) where he made fun of Japanese people. In the movie this female he was dating took him to a Japanese restaurant and he began mocking the food and the people. If I remember correctly, he is the reason that ignorant ghetto people nationwide across America started referring to Asians as "Jackie," basically saying that all asians are a bunch of Jackie Chans. The reasoning behind that saying was the belief that all Asians were a bunch of silly and comedic bunch of people; a big joke. I also do remember the Pearl Harbor thing. Those with the racist family members and friends, what is that they hate so much about Japan, its people, and culture?