LinkBack Thread Tools
(#101 (permalink))
Old
Javen (Offline)
JF Regular

09-27-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiuchimu View Post
No it's your turn to prove that Japanese export market is smaller than Kpop export market. Prove that all the sales are in Japan and Japan sells nothing outside while Kpop sales are booming world over even more than what they sell at home. God, type out in words, it sounds so amazing stupid this Kpop > Jpop thing.

Come on! Bring some sales number as proof! You can't can you?!

YOU CAN"T BECAUSE IT'S A LIE!!!!

if such numbers existed, every Korean forum and website would post that info. Every tenth youtube vid would be "Numbers proving Kpop sell more than Jpop". lol.

I say all the obvious points to Jpop and J-media is much bigger around the world than K-media. It's not even close to comparing. As I said, I see Jpop in every American Department store - I see Zero Kpop there.

Kpop has a following in poor SEA countries but they are too poor to buy the stuff anyway!!! And that is why you have NO numbers to support your claims! SEA means nothing in world exports!!!
the argument was between jpop and kpop which was most popular amongst asian countries....Japan is the 2nd biggest consumer of music...they are pretty much selling to themselves and niche jpop fans in US..hence why they have so much revenue...kpop is a victim of piracy...just look at youtube and see how many kpop songs are there...its really easy to pirate kpop songs off the net...by niche I mean niche....ask the average american if they know who "random jpop artists"...

kpop is popular not only in Korea...but mainland China, Taiwan, Mongolia, and SEA...thats pratically all of Asia outside of japan...you ask the average person if they know SNSD, alot would say they do
Maybe to Japan, SEA is meaningless since they look down on them...but SEAsians greatly appreciate it when Kpop returns the love..and yes SEAsians do buy alot of CDs, its very ignorant of you to think that..not everyone in SEA is a beggar..when I was in my home country visiting the music stores alot of the kpop CDs were sold out...they also sell more seats in concerts then american artists do.....

Jpop is more popular in Japan...yes...Jpop is popular in anime conventions in western countries...yes...so how does that equate to jpop being more popular then kpop amongst asian countries?? cuz we all know thats a lie...Jpop has basically alienated themselves to other Asian countries

Last edited by Javen : 09-27-2011 at 09:25 AM.
(#102 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-27-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
What intelligent discussion are you trying to have?
The kind I would have with real people in the real world?

Actually,I was watching J-Melo yesterday and Ai Takahashi went to fan's houses in France and the UK who had bought CD's over the internet. So maybe those charts haven't factored in the online buying.

Last edited by tokusatsufan : 09-27-2011 at 01:44 PM.
(#103 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-27-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javen View Post
the argument was between jpop and kpop which was most popular amongst asian countries....Japan is the 2nd biggest consumer of music...they are pretty much selling to themselves and niche jpop fans in US..hence why they have so much revenue...kpop is a victim of piracy...just look at youtube and see how many kpop songs are there...its really easy to pirate kpop songs off the net...by niche I mean niche....ask the average american if they know who "random jpop artists"...

kpop is popular not only in Korea...but mainland China, Taiwan, Mongolia, and SEA...thats pratically all of Asia outside of japan...you ask the average person if they know SNSD, alot would say they do
Maybe to Japan, SEA is meaningless since they look down on them...but SEAsians greatly appreciate it when Kpop returns the love..and yes SEAsians do buy alot of CDs, its very ignorant of you to think that..not everyone in SEA is a beggar..when I was in my home country visiting the music stores alot of the kpop CDs were sold out...they also sell more seats in concerts then american artists do.....

Jpop is more popular in Japan...yes...Jpop is popular in anime conventions in western countries...yes...so how does that equate to jpop being more popular then kpop amongst asian countries?? cuz we all know thats a lie...Jpop has basically alienated themselves to other Asian countries
NUMBERS#### STATS!!!!!!

stop ranting opinion!!!!!!

Post third party stats of Export sales to prove it.

As I said:
You can't find any stats to support your claim can you?
I know none of you Kpop-philes can because they don't exist!

weak arguments always!

(#104 (permalink))
Old
Javen (Offline)
JF Regular

09-28-2011, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiuchimu View Post
NUMBERS#### STATS!!!!!!

stop ranting opinion!!!!!!

Post third party stats of Export sales to prove it.

As I said:
You can't find any stats to support your claim can you?
I know none of you Kpop-philes can because they don't exist!

weak arguments always!
what stats do you want?? that Jpop sells more in Japan and niche fans in western countries...you have already proven that

I do not need stats...go look up on youtube what gets played the most in Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Mongolia, China, and Taiwan...whats the most popular..

have you ever been in another asian country outside of Japan?? I bet not
okay Jpop makes more money...big deal....probably the reason why kpop artists r debuting in America and Japan..but when it all boils down to it...Jpop may get all the money...but Kpop gets the respect

Quote:
Thai actress and model Sasikarn Apichartvorasilp hopes to ride a pop culture wave sweeping her homeland by importing Korean cuisine.

Korean culture – pop music, soap operas, and movies – has taken hold in much of Asia in recent years. This is particularly true across Southeast Asian nations, such as Thailand and the Philippines, where hallyu (Korean cultural exports) have captured hearts, minds, and now taste buds.

The trend appears to hold so much potential that the popular Ms. Apichartvorasilp announced she is largely leaving the entertainment industry to focus on a joint venture with her family’s restaurant business and South Korea’s Eweon Group to open a casual dining chain called Korean Tudari.

At a Tudari restaurant newly opened in Bangkok, the interior gleams ultra-modernity with its cement floors and exposed lighting as “K-pop” (Korean pop music) pulses in the background.

It has already drawn larger than expected crowds with its fast-food menu, which puts Korean favorites such as naegmyeon (cold buckwheat noodles) and kimchi (fermented cabbage) alongside other international fare such as fish and chips.
'K-pop' and kimchi invade Southeast Asia - CSMonitor.com
(#105 (permalink))
Old
DragonNL (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-28-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
I do not need stats...go look up on youtube what gets played the most in Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Mongolia, China, and Taiwan...whats the most popular..

have you ever been in another asian country outside of Japan?? I bet not
okay Jpop makes more money...big deal....probably the reason why kpop artists r debuting in America and Japan..but when it all boils down to it...Jpop may get all the money...but Kpop gets the respect
As far as I'm concerned, downloading music without paying for it (that includes youtube) doesn't count. A real fan BUYS music. End of story.

He drew a circle that shut me out --
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle that took him in.
(#106 (permalink))
Old
dav1stunna (Offline)
New to JF

Wt......... - 09-29-2011, 03:48 AM

First of all,

It seriously gets a little tiring when people say that the people who like Japanese culture and music that are not Japanese are otaku. You guys don't even know, especially when it comes from other Asians who think there culture is better. In the end, who cares, it is your preference on what you like. A lot more people in western countries find Japanese culture, music, and style more interesting. Who cares, I am tired of hearing people rant because they want to make their culture seem more superior. Actions speak louder than words my friend, and people that are insecure boast and try to belittle others. I am not Asian, and I am American and I know Korean and Japanese well. I like Japanese music, anime, and other things. Does that make me an (オタク)otaku? No, it doesn't because if you really knew what that meant, you would know their are plenty of them in Korea and China as well. I also like Korean culture, food, etc. I also like Japanese culture, and other things.

Right now I am living in Korea and most of the artists, idol groups, sound and look very similar. That is where Korea is lacking a little bit. Who wants to listen to 소녀시대 (少女時代)and then listen to another group who sings similar songs and who have a similar look. Also, it gets a little boring seeing artists who emulate American style all the time. I agree that Kpop was better like 10-15 years ago. When I listen to the older songs, man! They were unique and great, unlike today because at times the melody and lyrics get repetitive especially that synthesized voice. Japanese music on the other hand, has more variety and a broad range. I can listen to music that is unique. Also, every now and then, a good song comes out in Korea that I like to bump. It is all about taste.

Last edited by dav1stunna : 09-29-2011 at 03:56 AM.
(#107 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-30-2011, 12:37 AM

This thread is going around in circles.

"Kpop is bigger than Jpop"

"Well according to these statistics...."

"Who cares about statistics! I have YOUTUBE and CONJECTURE based on my own limited perspective/wishful thinking that proves those statistics wrong!!!! Therefore Kpop is better than Jpop!"

Rinse and repeat.

FYI- Here's the thing about statistics. They're OBJECTIVE! (Or at least they're supposed to be).

So it doesn't matter what bullsh*t you think is true. If statistics that have been scientifically collated (therefore FOX news doesnt count) say something else then you're WRONG.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 09-30-2011 at 12:44 AM.
(#108 (permalink))
Old
Atredies (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-30-2011, 02:54 AM

Quote:
but when it all boils down to it...Jpop may get all the money...but Kpop gets the respect
this is what is happening in china. but this is what the opposite is happening in taiwan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonNL View Post
As far as I'm concerned, downloading music without paying for it (that includes youtube) doesn't count. A real fan BUYS music. End of story.
real chinese fans do not buy music. they instead buy products the singers endorse in ads. chinese singers never get payed in the chinese music business in any way.
(#109 (permalink))
Old
Javen (Offline)
JF Regular

09-30-2011, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
This thread is going around in circles.

"Kpop is bigger than Jpop"

"Who cares about statistics! I have YOUTUBE and CONJECTURE based on my own limited perspective/wishful thinking that proves those statistics wrong!!!! Therefore Kpop is better than Jpop!"

Rinse and repeat.

FYI- Here's the thing about statistics. They're OBJECTIVE! (Or at least they're supposed to be).

So it doesn't matter what bullsh*t you think is true. If statistics that have been scientifically collated (therefore FOX news doesnt count) say something else then you're WRONG.
and where are the statistics of jpop being more popular then kpop in Asia...yeah thats what I thought..
(#110 (permalink))
Old
dxr (Offline)
JF Regular

09-30-2011, 03:52 AM

The most serious/heated discussion about the most insignificant/inane subject EVER. IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND.