JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#111 (permalink))
Old
Atredies (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-30-2011, 05:40 AM

it is so weird i cannot sleep right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javen View Post
and where are the statistics of jpop being more popular then kpop in Asia...yeah thats what I thought..
statistics cannot measure how popular a sector of a popular culture is. popular culture is all about the immeasurable images. this is something very subjective. maybe we should say that the world of popular culture encourages subjective impressions and opinions.
(#112 (permalink))
Old
Javen (Offline)
JF Regular

09-30-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atredies View Post
it is so weird i cannot sleep right now.

statistics cannot measure how popular a sector of a popular culture is. popular culture is all about the immeasurable images. this is something very subjective. maybe we should say that the world of popular culture encourages subjective impressions and opinions.

he stated he could prove jpop is more popular amongst asian countries..yet he hasn't showed the goods yet...
(#113 (permalink))
Old
DragonNL (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-30-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atredies View Post
real chinese fans do not buy music. they instead buy products the singers endorse in ads. chinese singers never get payed in the chinese music business in any way.
Wow seriously.....
That's why you never hear anything from Chinese artists..
Excuse me but, I call that stupid. If what your saying is true, then the Chinese people are killing (at least restraining) the Chinese music industry..

He drew a circle that shut me out --
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle that took him in.
(#114 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-30-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
and where are the statistics of jpop being more popular then kpop in Asia...yeah thats what I thought..
Are you serious? They've been posted twice in this thread?
(#115 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-30-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxr View Post
The most serious/heated discussion about the most insignificant/inane subject EVER. IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND.
LOL! What ever do you mean? This is really serious business!
(#116 (permalink))
Old
Javen (Offline)
JF Regular

09-30-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Are you serious? They've been posted twice in this thread?

those were sales of jpop...it has nothing to do with what you stated

if 90% of jpop sales are within Japan and the other 10% are from western countries...how the hell does that translate to popularity within Asia??

oh thats right...to the average jpop fan...Japan=all of Asia
(#117 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

10-01-2011, 05:22 AM

Quote:
those were sales of jpop...it has nothing to do with what you stated

if 90% of jpop sales are within Japan and the other 10% are from western countries...how the hell does that translate to popularity within Asia??

oh thats right...to the average jpop fan...Japan=all of Asia
Can you not read?

One ranked countries music industries on their PERCENTAGE of GLOBAL REVENUE.

USA came first.
Japan came second.

The other ranked countries based on SALES

Here you go for the THIRD time in this thread.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 10-01-2011 at 05:25 AM.
(#118 (permalink))
Old
Javen (Offline)
JF Regular

10-01-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Can you not read?

One ranked countries music industries on their PERCENTAGE of GLOBAL REVENUE.

USA came first.
Japan came second.

The other ranked countries based on SALES

Here you go for the THIRD time in this thread.

LOL wow thats really something considering USA and Japan alone are the 2 biggest consumers of CD revenue does that even count digital sales??

either your too thick headed to understand what the question stated was...or your looking through your jpop hazy glasses

again how does that determine jpops popularity amongst other Asian countries compared to kpop when most of their revenue comes from japanese customers

unless you can pull statistics out of your ass that jpop sells more in Asia and is more wellknown in all of Asia(meaning outside of Japan)...then you don't really have an argument...most asian countries prefer their own musicians...Kpop is the only outside music outside of AMerican music that somewhat challenges local musicians in Asia

Jpop has almost no influence in Asia besides Taiwan...and even then kpop overtook jpop in Taiwan...jpop is basically invisible in other Asian countries...if your lucky to find 1 jpop CD in a Asian music store its probably in the bargain bin along with Macarena and Electric Slide

Kpop gets number 1 hits in major music shows all over Asia...do you understand your ignorance in underestimating kpops popularity amongst China, Taiwan, THailand, Philippines, VIetnam, Malaysia. etc???
(#119 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

10-01-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
LOL wow thats really something considering USA and Japan alone are the 2 biggest consumers of CD revenue does that even count digital sales??
It does. The middle column on the first image shows that the USA and Japan lead these stats too.

Quote:
either your too thick headed to understand what the question stated was...or your looking through your jpop hazy glasses
To be honest I don't really like most Jpop.. or Kpop... or American pop. Most of it is materialistic and consumerist trite. Some pop songs are good but as a genre I don't really care for it no matter what country produces it.

What I do enjoy though is taking fanboys down a notch.

Quote:
again how does that determine jpops popularity amongst other Asian countries compared to kpop when most of their revenue comes from japanese customers
Sorry.. but mathematically Japan can not have a GLOBAL share of the music market from only selling inside Japan.

Quote:
unless you can pull statistics out of your ass that jpop sells more in Asia and is more wellknown in all of Asia(meaning outside of Japan)...then you don't really have an argument...most asian countries prefer their own musicians...Kpop is the only outside music outside of AMerican music that somewhat challenges local musicians in Asia
I don't need to pull statistics out of my ass saying that jpop sells more in Asia. I have statistics showing that jpop sells more WORLDWIDE.

You do know that Asia is in the World (as in planet Earth) right?

Quote:
Jpop has almost no influence in Asia besides Taiwan...and even then kpop overtook jpop in Taiwan...jpop is basically invisible in other Asian countries...if your lucky to find 1 jpop CD in a Asian music store its probably in the bargain bin along with Macarena and Electric Slide

Kpop gets number 1 hits in major music shows all over Asia...do you understand your ignorance in underestimating kpops popularity amongst China, Taiwan, THailand, Philippines, VIetnam, Malaysia. etc???
Conjecture based on your limited world view. Statistics beats that as I mentioned earlier.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 10-01-2011 at 10:54 PM.
(#120 (permalink))
Old
Javen (Offline)
JF Regular

10-02-2011, 01:31 AM

Quote:
It does. The middle column on the first image shows that the USA and Japan lead these stats too.

To be honest I don't really like most Jpop.. or Kpop... or American pop. Most of it is materialistic and consumerist trite. Some pop songs are good but as a genre I don't really care for it no matter what country produces it.

What I do enjoy though is taking fanboys down a notch.

Sorry.. but mathematically Japan can not have a GLOBAL share of the music market from only selling inside Japan.

I don't need to pull statistics out of my ass saying that jpop sells more in Asia. I have statistics showing that jpop sells more WORLDWIDE.

You do know that Asia is in the World (as in planet Earth) right?

Conjecture based on your limited world view. Statistics beats that as I mentioned earlier.

LOL Global means worldwide scale...including Japan
Japan is 2nd most consumers of music revenue...so it make sense that Japan sells most to itself

Yes Asia is in the world...though it does not state if any of that revenue Japan gets come from Asia at all...it states global revenue...which basically equates to Japan's consumer market and niche markets in western countries

do you understand this concept....Japan sells more worldwide...because Japan has the 2nd most consumers of music in the WORLD within their country

and yes you are a jpop fanboy...blindly stating that jpop is more popular amongst other asian countries compared to kpop yet you never provided proof..

Last edited by Javen : 10-02-2011 at 01:41 AM.