Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-10-2010, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
lol.. too European.

I dont know even know what that means.

If any country has a "more European" music industry I would say it is South Korea with their plastic surgery accommodating thousands of young Korean women and their desire to have their noses lengthened and eyes widened.
Many J-pop fans in Korea also love Eurobeat or anything popular in Western Europe. Hence Euro. But then again, what does that have to do with plastic surgery? We're talking about songs here. Not about plastic surgery.

Quote:
Furthermore Girls generation are more like a desexualized version of the pussycat dolls.

Which isnt a good thing as it takes away the only thing that the pussycat dolls has going for them.
SNSD goes for the cute girlfriend look. Let me say that you have an interesting taste for overt sexual appeal and girl groups altogether.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

09-10-2010, 03:51 AM

Quote:
lol.. too European.

I dont know even know what that means.

If any country has a "more European" music industry I would say it is South Korea with their plastic surgery accommodating thousands of young Korean women and their desire to have their noses lengthened and eyes widened.

Furthermore Girls generation are more like a desexualized version of the pussycat dolls.

Which isnt a good thing as it takes away the only thing that the pussycat dolls has going for them.
Why do I always sense hate from your posts regarding Korea.

I'm not understanding the reason behind your logic. When you desexualize the Pussycat Dolls, they're image is that of nothing more than a group of young women. So, that makes it convenient to accuse any group of women adopting the image of "young women" as mirroring PCD. Girl's Generation does have this image; it's a generic image. It's not pioneered by PCD, and it works for them in their country.

The topic of plastic surgery irritates me, honestly. There's a dependancy on one's own ability to sense it, so there's really only a general reliance on personal opinion. East Asia is engulfed by a plastic surgery craze, period. A fraction of Japanese women also desire to have their eyes widened and their noses lengthened. It doesn't necessarily mean a lot of Japanese women get it. Nor does it for a lot of Asian women. I'm not denying that many stars, especially in Korea or China have had it. I just think the overall topic eventually suggests that any attractive Asian women from countries like this have had it.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

09-10-2010, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
Well, I can see that. I'm a Korean-Chinese. Ronin hates Koreans and Chinese. Am I angry towards him? Not really per se. I can't take him seriously.

(#44 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-10-2010, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
Sigh. This is why I don't expect too much from Ronin.

Just got back from my trip to Tokyo. Back to Seoul in a decade. Since I'm a Korean by origin I can tell you this. The anti-Japanese sentiment in Korea is almost always about Japanese politics. It has nothing to do with Japanese pop culture. The vast majority of anti-Japanese sentiment in Korea is about specific right-wing Japanese politicians or diplomats. It's not about harming ordinary Japanese civilians.

That survey itself has a problem. Do you like Japan/Korea means different things.

1. Japanese would consider this based on the Korean (pop) culture.
2. Koreans would consider this based on Japanese politics.

There is a bigger threat in Korea. It's not Japanese. It's the American military in Korea.

Oh yeah. You can listen to Namuro Amie's songs in the middle of Seoul and you don't get any stare. But yeah, many Koreans consider J-pop for being too Euro, believing that it is more suitable for the European listeners. If that helps you.
Very interesting point. I will agree that Korea views Japan more politically while Japan views Korea culturally.

But Jpop is very broad. It covers every gradation of tastes and styles. Hopefully, I'm wrong and it's just a matter of Korean youth getting more exposure to the different types of styles available in Jpop.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

09-10-2010, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Many J-pop fans in Korea also love Eurobeat or anything popular in Western Europe. Hence Euro. But then again, what does that have to do with plastic surgery? We're talking about songs here. Not about plastic surgery.

SNSD goes for the cute girlfriend look. Let me say that you have an interesting taste for overt sexual appeal and girl groups altogether.
Relax dufus...

I didnt know what "too Euro" meant and figured it was that they look "too Euro".

I didnt know Eurobeat was a musical genre.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

09-10-2010, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Relax dufus...
You see, it's those little name-callings... Guess Atredies was right after all. You need a mother to stop calling people with bad names.

As a matter of fact, hell, I don't listen to K-pop that often.

(#47 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

09-10-2010, 05:22 AM

Quote:
I dont hate Korea. I think komitsuki is a twat so maybe thats the vibe you picked up.

Quote:
I'm not understanding the reason behind your logic. When you desexualize the Pussycat Dolls, they're image is that of nothing more than a group of young women. So, that makes it convenient to accuse any group of women adopting the image of "young women" as mirroring PCD. Girl's Generation does have this image; it's a generic image. It's not pioneered by PCD, and it works for them in their country.
lol.. I was just trying to say that they are both as generic as each other and they are both talentless... however one has sexual appeal and the other is a bunch of women who act like 13 year olds.

Quote:
The topic of plastic surgery irritates me, honestly. There's a dependancy on one's own ability to sense it, so there's really only a general reliance on personal opinion. East Asia is engulfed by a plastic surgery craze, period. A fraction of Japanese women also desire to have their eyes widened and their noses lengthened. It doesn't necessarily mean a lot of Japanese women get it. Nor does it for a lot of Asian women. I'm not denying that many stars, especially in Korea or China have had it. I just think the overall topic eventually suggests that any attractive Asian women from countries like this have had it.
It was a comparitave statement.

I didnt know what "too Euro" meant. Just thought that I'd let komitsuki know that to me.. Korea is the more Euro wannabe when it comes to idols.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 09-10-2010 at 05:27 AM.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

09-10-2010, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Well, I can see that. I'm a Korean-Chinese. Ronin hates Koreans and Chinese. Am I angry towards him? Not really per se. I can't take him seriously.
lol.. I dont hate Koreans and Chinese as I have friends from both countries.

You just think that because of my political views.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

09-10-2010, 05:25 AM

Quote:
You see, it's those little name-callings... Guess Atredies was right after all. You need a mother to stop calling people with bad names.

As a matter of fact, hell, I don't listen to K-pop that often.
I think you need a mother since you are the one who is so sensitive to it.
(#50 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

09-10-2010, 06:38 AM

I'm glad to see people are getting along. lmao!
It really doesn't have to be all that serious...

Obviously, I enjoy Jpop and Japanese pop culture. However, I'm actually somewhat curious about Korea's growth of entertainment as of late. It's interesting to know their material is being noticed by more people... even to the extent that is being displayed here: Bickering can have positive implications.