JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#111 (permalink))
Old
munzy (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-16-2009, 09:29 PM

I don't follow all the visual kei... I follow only the music that really hit my heart ...

I notice that many who follows j rock... listen every bands... I always wonder... how can you loves every band? I mean... I can have my favourite band, I could never spend all my money to follow 10 bands or more...
I see people that are happy to go in a concert of a band and at the same time be happy in the same manner for another band and buy all their cds! O__O

I can do this only for my very favourite band and I can only listen the others, but I could never collect everything... I mean, music for me is art.. not a fashion of the moment or follow the bands only for how they looks like etc...
(#112 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
12-16-2009, 09:55 PM

I like the music -there's a very distinct feel to it.

The fashion isn't my taste, but I like that it's different and artists are free to express themselves.
(#113 (permalink))
Old
Yuusuke (Offline)
Banned!

12-16-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munzy View Post
I don't follow all the visual kei... I follow only the music that really hit my heart ...

I notice that many who follows j rock... listen every bands... I always wonder... how can you loves every band? I mean... I can have my favourite band, I could never spend all my money to follow 10 bands or more...
I see people that are happy to go in a concert of a band and at the same time be happy in the same manner for another band and buy all their cds! O__O

I can do this only for my very favourite band and I can only listen the others, but I could never collect everything... I mean, music for me is art.. not a fashion of the moment or follow the bands only for how they looks like etc...

agreed 100% and that is the reason i don't like VK and jpop fangirls

(#114 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

12-16-2009, 10:10 PM

i used to like it. I mean, i still listen to the bands, but somehow they don't seem to appeal to me anymore.

I just feel its too hyped up for what it is.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#115 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
12-16-2009, 10:20 PM

I like a few bands and i do because i can mostly bands like Dir En Grey or GazettE not to manymore than them. I like them because they have a different sounds in contrast to the rock i listen to in American or European rock.

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#116 (permalink))
Old
Bobbiedot12 (Offline)
New to JF

12-29-2010, 06:25 PM

I like visual kei for two reasons:

1) The music. The music is just so unique and hard to understand, but that's what makes it interesting.
Illuminati by Malice Mizer for example. Found the name of the song and band on SemeUke.com (I'm an Innoent Uke, btw. Take the quiz!) Listened to it, then read the English lyrics. "Ooh, it's about yaoi! "
I read the English lyrics again, then watched the video. "Oh, it's about an experiment."
Read a comment on some song meanings website. It said it was about a person trying to bring his dead lover back to life. "Really? O,o"
See? So man different meanings!

2) The style is just beautiful. It's just... beautiful. That's the only way I can describe it.

Hooray for Visual Kei!

Malice Mizer
Moi dix Mois
Alice Nine
(#117 (permalink))
Old
InVain (Offline)
New to JF

01-15-2011, 12:00 AM

i like it visual kei because you can visual portray music through it. i know music is felt but this is a vision,. thats why i am still in search for band members who want to expand this music more through out america.

i know people want to praise visual kei but some people want to be it. so since some people say you cant be a jrock band because your not japanese. i see it this way america is trying to form rock bands that are influenced by japanese rock. it is what it is VISUAL ROCK.

and the style well its popular in japan it doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with the music. visual kei is just another style of fashion that anyone can adapt to. well mainly because we are in america and in america anything goes
(you'd be surprised at the race combinations we have now a days lol)

this is jut my opinion tho and why i like visual kei