JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
Graciie (Offline)
Will Eat Your Children!

08-19-2007, 08:48 PM

I like it because its different and a way to listen to different music from other cultures. Also I like the way there music sounds (if that makes sense) and there style is unique for that one country.

~ Visual Kei ~
(#62 (permalink))
Old
Touya (Offline)
JRock Priest/BDay Guru

Send a message via AIM to Touya Send a message via Yahoo to Touya
08-19-2007, 08:50 PM

What's you're favorite visual kei band? If you could go see anyone in concert? (No matter if they still do concerts or not.)

Mine would be X Japan. I would most definitely have to go see them or Malice Mizer.
(#63 (permalink))
Old
MuseixKoe (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to MuseixKoe
08-19-2007, 08:58 PM

I like VK because you have great music on one hand, and on the other, most bands' appearances are rather pleasing.
Also, I love the look on pretty much anyone's face when I tell them that they're guys. xD
(#64 (permalink))
Old
Touya (Offline)
JRock Priest/BDay Guru

Send a message via AIM to Touya Send a message via Yahoo to Touya
08-19-2007, 09:05 PM

That reaction is precious isn't it? I have MYV on my desk and my boss swears to me it's a girl. Everyone is googie eyed when I say "Oh him?" when they ask who is that. I have Kaggra on my desk too and they get the same reaction. It's soo funny.
(#65 (permalink))
Old
direngreywewe (Offline)
New to JF

i love how... - 01-16-2008, 12:43 AM

i love how how the sexy japanese men dress like women and sing i high piched voices too

Herro amellica
(#66 (permalink))
Old
kurezi (Offline)
I like cookies.

01-28-2008, 11:42 PM

I enjoy visual kei because it's expressive. And in a healthy, artistic way...artistic in both a musical and visual sense. When I'm feeling upset I can turn up Dir en grey and know that there is someone else out there in the world who knows what I'm going through. And that's just one example~

I'd also like to say that I dislike it when others rant, "But it's all about the music! If you like them for their looks you're not really a fan."

Um, no. Not necessarily. As a visual person who loves fashion and make-up I should be allowed to enjoy what a band wears. At the same time, my favorite bands know how to play because yes, the music is important too. <3
(#67 (permalink))
Old
MelfinaPan (Offline)
Hardcore Kurage

Send a message via AIM to MelfinaPan
01-29-2008, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurezi View Post
I enjoy visual kei because it's expressive. And in a healthy, artistic way...artistic in both a musical and visual sense. When I'm feeling upset I can turn up Dir en grey and know that there is someone else out there in the world who knows what I'm going through. And that's just one example~

I'd also like to say that I dislike it when others rant, "But it's all about the music! If you like them for their looks you're not really a fan."

Um, no. Not necessarily. As a visual person who loves fashion and make-up I should be allowed to enjoy what a band wears. At the same time, my favorite bands know how to play because yes, the music is important too. <3
Very well said! I feel the same way. The music is great and I enjoy they way these bands express themselves visually. It's unique and that's what makes the whole genre great.

*MySpace*

Illustrious Keeper of Plastic Tree (Arimura Ryutaro, Hasegawa Tadashi, Nakayama Akira, and Sasabuchi Hiroshi)

(#68 (permalink))
Old
kurezi (Offline)
I like cookies.

01-29-2008, 03:26 AM

Thanks and totally!
(#69 (permalink))
Old
VisualKei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to VisualKei Send a message via Yahoo to VisualKei
01-29-2008, 08:45 PM

Why do I like visual kei? It's unique. Not only the appearences of the band, but also the vocals and music. They don't conform, which is refreshing. Visual kei bands also have some members who are, in my opinion, some of the greatest musical talents in Japan today. Who can argue that Miyavi, Jui, or Juka aren't good singers; or that Hizaki and Mana aren't brilliant guitarists? There's just so much talent in these bands, and they really step outside the box, experiment, and make great music.

And then there's the visual aspect. They're GORGEOUS. I wish there were "common people" who dressed like that, because guys who aren't afraid of skirts and make-up make me melt.

OFFICIAL OWNER OF HIZAKI AND JASMINE YOU
(#70 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

01-29-2008, 09:55 PM

I wish the same thing.

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....