LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

12-02-2007, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by typesblur View Post
to some extent but mostly no....i wish i could get a $25k car keys tossed to me and be able to drive a veilside FD that the bodykit alone at the time was 10k
hahaha, wouldn't we all!! i might have to check these places out... i use to go crusing (modded cars and stuff) in london. It was good, but i always wanted to see what the japanese could do!!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
theholty (Offline)
New to JF

12-02-2007, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
hahaha, wouldn't we all!! i might have to check these places out... i use to go crusing (modded cars and stuff) in london. It was good, but i always wanted to see what the japanese could do!!
Here's a vid of some real street drifting from the touges near Osaka:

MySpaceTV Videos: Osaka Touge by Eddyyyyyy

note how real drift cars are all 'boro-sha' (old and beaten up) because they get driven and used properly, by drivers who spend money on tyres and performance parts, unlike the 'tokyo drift' style fancy show-cars
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MaymeRachael (Offline)
War Sucks, Let's Party!

Send a message via Yahoo to MaymeRachael
12-03-2007, 12:00 AM

Drifting fu*king rox!!!!!!!!
I just bought Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift <------ AMAZING!!!
I have a Nissian I'm getting ready to fix up for it ^_~

Muffin Club Founder & President l Miyavi Stalking Society l Jello Club
Matoi from Phantasmagoria l Sharing Satoshi from Girugamesh w/Miyavifan
MEMBER OF THE FINAL FANTASY CLAN CODENAME:AERIS
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Heather (Offline)
IamAmongNoOne.

12-28-2007, 02:16 AM

yes, im into drifting and stunt driving. a friend of mine who survived a fatal wreck, while racing, inspired me to be a drifter when i grow up. the only prob is that i dont know HOW to drift.

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness will never understand it.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
theholty (Offline)
New to JF

12-30-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
yes, im into drifting and stunt driving. a friend of mine who survived a fatal wreck, while racing, inspired me to be a drifter when i grow up. the only prob is that i dont know HOW to drift.

Whaaaat?
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Vitalka (Offline)
New to JF

12-30-2007, 11:02 PM

typesblur,what you call drifting? Sitting in BMW 318 1992 and trying to make impression on a girls ??
For a good drifting you have to have a strong and good working tires,powerful suspension,rear wheel drive and at least 300hp.Yes,it depends from a driver too(mainly).
(#17 (permalink))
Old
theholty (Offline)
New to JF

12-31-2007, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalka View Post
typesblur,what you call drifting? Sitting in BMW 318 1992 and trying to make impression on a girls ??
For a good drifting you have to have a strong and good working tires,powerful suspension,rear wheel drive and at least 300hp.Yes,it depends from a driver too(mainly).
Thats funny, my old 180sx with 220bhp drifted no problem, the new owner hs even placed 2nd in an amature drift competition with it!

My 120hp eunos roadster with cheap tires drifts nicely too!

What about all of the 130hp AE86's?? They seem to drift ok too!

In the uk there are loads of people drifting volvos 340's BMW E30 320's 318is etc

You do not need big power to drift, you just need a RWD car, LSD (or a welded/locked diff!) some better suspension and preferably a bucket seat to hold you in place!
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Vitalka (Offline)
New to JF

12-31-2007, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholty View Post
Thats funny, my old 180sx with 220bhp drifted no problem, the new owner hs even placed 2nd in an amature drift competition with it!

My 120hp eunos roadster with cheap tires drifts nicely too!

What about all of the 130hp AE86's?? They seem to drift ok too!

In the uk there are loads of people drifting volvos 340's BMW E30 320's 318is etc

You do not need big power to drift, you just need a RWD car, LSD (or a welded/locked diff!) some better suspension and preferably a bucket seat to hold you in place!
I agree with you.But the point is that I was talking about serious drifting.If you wanna drift on the streets and be 100% sure you wont crash your car,you have to make ready your car.Drifting somewhere in underground garage or in a parking zone,kinda not a profesional class.When I was in UK working,I have seen some drifters messing around in London area,Weybridge.One car was Toyota Altezza,Nissan Silvia and Ford mustang.I was impressed,they had a perfect tuning not only from outside but and from inside.And these cars are not for drifting in a garage,they made to drift on the streets.That is what I am talking about
(#19 (permalink))
Old
watashi (Offline)
New to JF

01-03-2008, 09:41 AM

You can drift most anything with rear wheel drive and somethings that aren't. I've been drifting now for the past 5 years. I own a s14, aka later model Nissan 240sx (selling it this weekend though hopefully) and have seen most everything possible slide at the track it all depends on the driver and experience.

Power is good to have when drifting, but not necessary. It just makes things more fun. Although, with Hachi's having your foot to the floor the entire time is quite fun as well as the engine screams the entire time .

Its fun when you have money. Its a verrry expensive hobby. I hope to build another strictly track car in the future because I took my street s14 a bit too far and coudln't drive it on the street and ended up getting a second car, but can't afford to keep both so selling the drift car for now.

Already speculating what to buy in a year when I have some more money on my hands.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Vitalka (Offline)
New to JF

01-03-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi View Post
You can drift most anything with rear wheel drive and somethings that aren't. I've been drifting now for the past 5 years. I own a s14, aka later model Nissan 240sx (selling it this weekend though hopefully) and have seen most everything possible slide at the track it all depends on the driver and experience.

Power is good to have when drifting, but not necessary. It just makes things more fun. Although, with Hachi's having your foot to the floor the entire time is quite fun as well as the engine screams the entire time .

Its fun when you have money. Its a verrry expensive hobby. I hope to build another strictly track car in the future because I took my street s14 a bit too far and coudln't drive it on the street and ended up getting a second car, but can't afford to keep both so selling the drift car for now.

Already speculating what to buy in a year when I have some more money on my hands.
As I said you all are right.The thing is that some people call drifting with bmw 318 reg1992 others call drifting with brand new mustang or something like that.For me drifting much more awesome with a powerful car.Same as you,I have good drifting skills and I prefer only powerful,prepared cars.Then in the strees I am better than other because I am sure in my car.I know what she can do and what she can't.