(#11 (permalink))
Old
kithkanan (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to kithkanan
02-05-2008, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Yay I love ya Barça is the best team EVER, did anyone watch yesterday's game against Osasuna?

Kyo, I hope something bad happens to you tomorrow ^^
Yes, I saw it. That fellow countryman Giovani really did a great job this time, unlike the last game against the Racing... Barca is going up!

Regards,
KK.

===
Everybody's trying to make us another century of fakers.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
kithkanan (Offline)
New to JF

02-05-2008, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccardo View Post
I'm a big football/soccer fan. I follow Melbourne Victory in Australias A-League, but i also like Fulham and Man United in England, Hearts in Scotland and Urawra Red Diamonds in Japan.
I see. Haven't heard of Australian league, but hey, I did follow Aussie's team last world cup. Pity that game against Italy, they were doing great games...

Regards,
KK.

===
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Riccardo (Offline)
JF Regular

02-05-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kithkanan View Post
I see. Haven't heard of Australian league, but hey, I did follow Aussie's team last world cup. Pity that game against Italy, they were doing great games...
We were doing pretty well until Italy. General concensus over here is we were pretty much robbed. I'm going to a World Cup qualifying game tonight against qatar, I'm really excited!

The A-League is pretty new we are at the end of the 3rd season right now since the league was revamped and made fully professional, it was pretty bad before then. We are getting good crowds and alot of publicity, it has risen from nowhere to be the 2nd most followed sport in the country behind Australian Rules Football.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
kithkanan (Offline)
New to JF

02-05-2008, 11:06 PM

Quote:
We were doing pretty well until Italy. General concensus over here is we were pretty much robbed.
I believe that such is the common concensus. I remember watching the game and getting upset because of the referee decisions against Australia.

Quote:
I'm going to a World Cup qualifying game tonight against qatar, I'm really excited!
Hehehe, yes they are exciting. Now I remember that you moved from the Oceania Confederation, right. Asia's more competitive, I'm pretty sure that you'll do alright for South Africa.

Here the qualifyings are bored. Playing against countries that doesn't even have fields on their own (and usually have to play in the U.S.), that's the second phase (U.S., Costa Rica and Mexico are automatically qualified to the second phase). Then we have a six-team group with two all-against-all round. The first three places qualify to the World Cup.

Quote:
The A-League is pretty new we are at the end of the 3rd season right now since the league was revamped and made fully professional, it was pretty bad before then.
That's pretty good. Perhaps last team was just a one-generation gold team. Having a league and lots of competitions will assure that you'll get many gold generations; good decision. I remember back in 1993 that Canada had an awsome team, which couldn't qualify for the 1994 World Cup (at the time, Mexico did, and U.S. was already qualified because they were the hosts). Since then, Canada lost their gold generation and done nothing (a Gold Cup in 2003, but nothing else).

So good about that. The next step would be to make a World Cup on your own. I'd be pretty much excited and wouldn't hestitate on visitin the Southern Land (Australia in Latin, that is ).

Quote:
We are getting good crowds and alot of publicity, it has risen from nowhere to be the 2nd most followed sport in the country behind Australian Rules Football.
:O Have soccer surpassed the Cricket? That would really amaze me...

Regards,
KK.

===
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-05-2008, 11:14 PM

Boca Juniors Borussia Dortmund and America/Mexico all the way to me.

Last edited by Acidreptile : 02-05-2008 at 11:38 PM.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
kithkanan (Offline)
New to JF

02-05-2008, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidreptile View Post
Boca Juniors Borussia Dortmund and America/Mexico all the way.
I can't believe that even in a Japanese forum there are Americanists hehehehe :P

Now, seriously, I really enjoyed the victory against the UNAM because I study there and I do enjoy picking on my fellow companions :P Besides, the second goal was extraordinary.

Regards,
KK.

===
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Riccardo (Offline)
JF Regular

02-06-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kithkanan View Post
I believe that such is the common concensus. I remember watching the game and getting upset because of the referee decisions against Australia.

Hehehe, yes they are exciting. Now I remember that you moved from the Oceania Confederation, right. Asia's more competitive, I'm pretty sure that you'll do alright for South Africa.

Here the qualifyings are bored. Playing against countries that doesn't even have fields on their own (and usually have to play in the U.S.), that's the second phase (U.S., Costa Rica and Mexico are automatically qualified to the second phase). Then we have a six-team group with two all-against-all round. The first three places qualify to the World Cup.

That's pretty good. Perhaps last team was just a one-generation gold team. Having a league and lots of competitions will assure that you'll get many gold generations; good decision. I remember back in 1993 that Canada had an awsome team, which couldn't qualify for the 1994 World Cup (at the time, Mexico did, and U.S. was already qualified because they were the hosts). Since then, Canada lost their gold generation and done nothing (a Gold Cup in 2003, but nothing else).

So good about that. The next step would be to make a World Cup on your own. I'd be pretty much excited and wouldn't hestitate on visitin the Southern Land (Australia in Latin, that is ).

:O Have soccer surpassed the Cricket? That would really amaze me...
We were in Oceania, which was no good for our growth, we would regularly win 20 or 30 nil against semi-proffessionals in countries like Solomon Islands and Fiji. Asia will be good for us, and I reckon our next generation will see us well, I don't see us losing too much ground as the underage teams are all doing really well. To top it off, Australia won last night 3-0 and did it easy, so I'm really happy!

Cricket has OK support during high profile internationals, but domestically nobody really cares that muuch. I'd say its still the number 1 summer sport, but theres little competition for them there (only basketball, which Aussuies don't really follow and tennis, which we only follow during our Open!)

Having said that, maybe its my bias as I hate cricket!
(#18 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-06-2008, 09:17 PM

Arsenal Poowaaa! Gunners here!

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Alvinho (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Alvinho
07-21-2008, 04:01 PM

I support Gremio FBPA the team splendid Brazilian footballers have begun to play professionaly....some of them who played for Gremio.....Ronaldinho, Emerson, Anderson, Lucas.........

Worldwide I like Real Madrid, River Plate, Roma, Nacional de Uruguay.....my fave national team is Argentina, despite I'm Brazilian....

In a communist country, there's one president who grabs all life's benefits, dozens of burocrats who drain tax payers' money and 8 million go through harsh starvation.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

07-21-2008, 04:03 PM

2 best soccer teams
Attached Images
File Type: jpg socceroos3.jpg (47.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg winningTeam_Med.jpg (55.1 KB, 4 views)