JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
hondawingsfly (Offline)
New to JF

JDM Sport Compact - 04-30-2008, 10:33 PM

I will be visiting Japan on May 20th for many reasons, theres a beautiful girl i will meet there, i love the culture, the food, anime, but most of all i love the cars and motorcycles! So on my trip to Japan i would really like to visit junkyards and racing shops etc. But all of my friends that live in Japan dont know anything about the cars and most dont drive or have a licenses, i would assume because public transportation is so big there. anyways i was wondering if anyone had information on where i should go to for information on that. I am into honda's some friends wanted me to ship them some parts, the JDM cars are much different than USDM. I Eventually plan on moving to Japan and exporting cars, parts and engines to the US so i want to find more information about pricing and avaliability while im there. thanks for any information you may have!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
DManator (Offline)
JF Regular

05-01-2008, 12:44 AM

I can't help you on how to become a parts distributor if that's what your asking, but I can name a few shops you should try to check out.

Top Secret
Signal Auto
GT Net
Phoenix's Power
TRIAL
Autobacs

Trivium's 4th album "Shogun" out 9/30 Metal 4 Life

He who walks the fire breathes Unlike the rest Living by the bloody creed
Kirisute gomen
Air of battle tasting stale Reeks of deceit Send the bitter straight to hell
Kirisute gomen
Quake has bred with the storm Conceiving war Wicked stampeding hordes
Kirisute gomen
He who spits the fire seethes All he detests Decapitating, bloody creed
Kirisute gomen
(#3 (permalink))
Old
hondawingsfly (Offline)
New to JF

05-01-2008, 01:50 AM

well i am in classes learning japanese now and in a couple years i plan to move to japan to live and i want to open a shop exporting jdm parts, motors, and cars to the USA but i am mostly interested in OEM parts, like finding some junkyards near tokyo or chiba. My trip will be 10days so i would like to kinda get a feel for pricing and things like that and also whats avaliable. i also probably want to get some parts and either bring them back in luggage or ship them to myself.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
typesblur (Offline)
Designated Distraction

05-01-2008, 08:23 AM

theres some realy good shops i know out there but they dont realy like visitors il ask my buddy and see where he went.

shipping parts is gonna be a pain. its not as easy as people say. sure the small stuff you can get away with but bigger parts like intake mani's and turbos and the like will be a little bit harder.

the heart and soul of my life
(#5 (permalink))
Old
hondawingsfly (Offline)
New to JF

05-01-2008, 05:15 PM

what about junkyards? that is mainly where i would want to get stuff anyway are there any good junkyards in or around tokyo?
(#6 (permalink))
Old
typesblur (Offline)
Designated Distraction

05-02-2008, 08:10 AM

from what i hear na its notin like america. we have so much land we can afford to have junk yards japan is a lil more crowded so i highly doubt it.

the heart and soul of my life
(#7 (permalink))
Old
tommasi (Offline)
West Tokyo Native

05-02-2008, 08:23 AM

Look up on Yahoo Auction on Yahoo Japan.

There are tons of used car parts and you would probably get bargained price for many things.

As for junkyards, Japanese version is called kaitaiya but basically they deal with car parts that are already disassembled.

However, they probably refuse to sell car parts in small portion because they don't make profits that way.

And they don't deal with performance parts.