JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Sports (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-sports/)
-   -   Olympic Games: good expectations? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-sports/17485-olympic-games-good-expectations.html)

Alvinho 07-21-2008 05:24 PM

Olympic Games: good expectations?

One more Olympic Games will be going on this year.....

Here in Brazil, it will be aired at dawn.....I can't wait to follow some sports broadcasting mostly football (soccer), basketball, swimming and so on.....also the opening ceremonies have grabbed my attention....I can't wait to see the whole Chinese culture being shown worldwide throughout the event.....will Japanese delegation be booed while they're entering the stadium during the opening ceremony?

Will China overtake the US regarding the medals, mostly the golden ones???

What are your fave sports?

Fisher 07-21-2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvinho (Post 543093)
will Japanese delegation be booed while they're entering the stadium during the opening ceremony?

will they? I'm interested in it.

MMM 07-21-2008 06:24 PM

What makes you think the Japanese delegation will be booed upon entry. That would be a horrible representation of the sportmanship of the Olympics.

Alvinho 07-21-2008 07:15 PM

the past conflicts between two nations....there's no need to mention what Japanese Royal Army did by invading Manchuria and other places there.....this sentiment may still be more clear among the older...I've read some news about geopolitical clashes between both of them....but I'm aware of situation is getting better between two peoples.....I guess there have been Chinese who study Japanese language....well, what hapenned in Greece in 2004 as Turkish delegation went in the stadium and while I was watching TV I heard some people booing and the sport caster had commented on.....

I know what it really matters is sport itself but situations like these are not new during Olympics....

but I love Geopolitics, what can I do?....the relationship between you and China has grabbed my attention......

I agree with MMM....it would be a lack of sportsmanship if that happened on the entry of Japanese athletes....

Acidreptile 07-22-2008 03:50 PM

I think China will be 2nd at the medals ranking and the United States will be 1st like always.

The opening ceremony will probably be the best ever I guess.^^.

godwine 07-22-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvinho (Post 543195)
the past conflicts between two nations....there's no need to mention what Japanese Royal Army did by invading Manchuria and other places there.....this sentiment may still be more clear among the older...I've read some news about geopolitical clashes between both of them....but I'm aware of situation is getting better between two peoples.....I guess there have been Chinese who study Japanese language....well, what hapenned in Greece in 2004 as Turkish delegation went in the stadium and while I was watching TV I heard some people booing and the sport caster had commented on.....

I know what it really matters is sport itself but situations like these are not new during Olympics....

but I love Geopolitics, what can I do?....the relationship between you and China has grabbed my attention......

I agree with MMM....it would be a lack of sportsmanship if that happened on the entry of Japanese athletes....

Recent news suggest that both country is trying hard to repair and maintain a good relationship, I am sure the Chinese government will do whatever it takes to discourage any hatred action against Japanese. Many of us had already forgiven them for what happened.

My favourite will be the starndard Track and Field stuff, cycling, Boxing and Taekwon Do