JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
dirtyroboto (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Ayase Bike Farm - 11-06-2008, 10:12 AM

When I was walking about in Ayase I stumbled upon this bike farm that I just had to film. I have never seen such a concentration of bikes arranged like this before so I thought I would share it with you..

YouTube - Bike Park in Tokyo
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
11-06-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyroboto View Post
When I was walking about in Ayase I stumbled upon this bike farm that I just had to film. I have never seen such a concentration of bikes arranged like this before so I thought I would share it with you..

YouTube - Bike Park in Tokyo
Looks like a fairly average bike lot. In fact, I`m shocked by how few bikes were there. Around here they cram them into every available space so there is barely a path you can squeeze through.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-06-2008, 01:36 PM

If you think that's a lot of bikes, you should go to the government storage lots where they collect abandoned bicycles. In some of these lots there can be as many as 10,000 bicycles.

Japan is a strange place, particularly in the metro areas. If your bike breaks a chain or a pedal, don't fix it, just push it to the nearest train station and park it with the others. Then go and buy a new bike.

In Japan, you have to pay to dispose of large items like bicycles. Many people either don't know that broken bicycles can be fixed, or they just don't want to go to the trouble of doing it. So they just abandon them.