JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#101 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

Send a message via MSN to kokunin Send a message via Yahoo to kokunin
04-24-2007, 03:52 AM

THAT'S NO LIE!!!!! I'm not saying its anyless powerful than lets say aikido, because aikido will flip the unsuspecting attacker WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY the hell into the air. But it did come from american fighting. It was made by Isrealis but the Israelis are what they are because they have such a freakin' sweet military system, even if everybody who lives there has to be in the army for 2 yrs, and because of the help from America. America has backed them all the way into freakin' existence, so I think its American inspired but the power of the sand...

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."
-God

good night...
(#102 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

04-25-2007, 10:24 AM

Hey Kanji... sorry, this is a while back. but i wanna bring back the shotokan Karate subject. hehe... i done that for a while too.. i got to brown belt.. 2nd kyu to be exact.. i agree with you. shotokan is amazing.. it kept me soo healthy in body and mind..

I was getting ready to go to black belt but 2 weeks before i was set to, i had an accident in basketball, broke my wrist. and ever since i havn't been able to do shotokan.. my sensei forbids it. he tells me to just practice the kata's.. but i gave up on it to be honest.. it was a shock not being able to go into competitions and kick ass and win medals haha...

If my plans go well, and i go to japan for a year. maybe i'll go to see their level there.. cos in england where i practiced. their level wasn't great.. after 2 weeks of shotokan., i went to a competition. i got silver medal, and on the way beating to 2black belts..
(#103 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

04-30-2007, 01:02 PM

ya know what i can't seem to EVER find...those fights that are bare knuckle that Chinese martial arts have. I can't seem to find them, although many sifu have said to ahev been in them...

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."
-God

good night...
(#104 (permalink))
Old
dothacker (Offline)
New to JF

05-31-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokunin View Post
ya know what i can't seem to EVER find...those fights that are bare knuckle that Chinese martial arts have. I can't seem to find them, although many sifu have said to ahev been in them...
What martial artist WANTS to see "bare knuckle" fights? Anyway I practice ninjutsu, the real art not like all the naruto crap you see :P Also bujinkan doesn't delve very far into it for all the claims of ninjutsu it only does a tiny portion of the taijutsu that was actually used. Well glad to see so many japanese fans on one board
(#105 (permalink))
Old
KanaBros (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to KanaBros
06-30-2007, 08:39 AM

Not many kendokas around here?
Me, I'm all for kendo.

海の男
-To be one with the sword. To be humble enough to discover your weakness. To train the body and the mind to recover for the weakness. That's kendo.
(#106 (permalink))
Old
dothacker (Offline)
New to JF

07-01-2007, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanaBros View Post
Not many kendokas around here?
Me, I'm all for kendo.
Well I'm not in kendo exactly but Ninjutsu has kenjutsu in it, which is related and uses kendo in it to some degree

The world is one giant collection of variables. By training, one can adapt to many variables and live as one wishes, one way of living, my way of living is following the path of shinobi no mono.
(#107 (permalink))
Old
SakeinmyOchoko (Offline)
New to JF

07-01-2007, 01:18 AM

I just started in Aikido, the Ki Society branch. Its a facinating grappling art based off of jujitsu. I just ordered some training weapons, a bokken, jo, and tanto.

I have only two options in my area, Aikido or Karate. I wish I was near a Kendo or Iaito Dojo, that would rock!
(#108 (permalink))
Old
Jen (Offline)
New to JF

07-01-2007, 02:13 AM

I am a black belt in Taekwondo.

I wish there was a Ninjutsu school around here

Day after black belt test

High front kick (as high as I could go)

Head-level side kick

Black belt testing, jump spin 360 back kick
(#109 (permalink))
Old
KanaBros (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to KanaBros
07-01-2007, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
I am a black belt in Taekwondo.

I wish there was a Ninjutsu school around here

Day after black belt test

High front kick (as high as I could go)

Head-level side kick

Black belt testing, jump spin 360 back kick
Almost all the boys here in Korea around my age have black belt in Taekwondo..I never took Taekwondo and people think it's strange...heh
That is one high kick....I don't get how people could jump so friggin high and kick around in other martial arts...

海の男
-To be one with the sword. To be humble enough to discover your weakness. To train the body and the mind to recover for the weakness. That's kendo.
(#110 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

07-03-2007, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothacker View Post
What martial artist WANTS to see "bare knuckle" fights? Anyway I practice ninjutsu, the real art not like all the naruto crap you see :P Also bujinkan doesn't delve very far into it for all the claims of ninjutsu it only does a tiny portion of the taijutsu that was actually used. Well glad to see so many japanese fans on one board
there was a bujinkan sensei, close enough to my house. I couldn't get into it because of my work schedule.

-God

good night...