JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
RunninRebel (Offline)
New to JF

Baseball Season in Japan - 03-26-2009, 01:16 AM

Hello all, this is my 1st post here and I am doing so because I have a question related to Nippon Professional Baseball. I will be visiting Japan in October of 2009. I will be in Osaka and I was wondering if the baseball season will still be going on in October. I will be there mid October about the same time the US playoffs are going on. Also what teams play in Osaka and how hard are tickets to get? I was at the World Baseball Classic in San Diego and Los Angeles so I got to see team Japan play but I was more intrigued by the fans of both Korea and Japan. Thank you.....
(#2 (permalink))
Old
blimp (Offline)
偽関西人

03-26-2009, 02:27 AM

i think the last regular game in osaka or kansai region is october 5, in kobe (orix). after that you will hopefully at least have at least hanshin in the climax series (play offs), which i think starts october 17. the very last game, game 7 of the play offs is scheduled for november 8, if there will ever be a 7th game.

teams in kansai region:
hanshin tigers
orix buffaloes

六甲颪(おろし)に 颯爽(さっそう)と
蒼天(そうてん)翔(か)ける日輪(にちりん)の
青春の覇気 美(うるわ)しく
輝く我が名ぞ 阪神タイガース
※オウ オウ オウオウ 阪神タイガース フレ フレ フレフレ
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

03-26-2009, 09:34 AM

It's all about koukou yakyu. SEIBI, SEIBI, SEIBI!

I still need to go to the Koshien and watch Seibi play.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
RunninRebel (Offline)
New to JF

03-28-2009, 09:12 AM

So Hanshin plays in Osaka and should be in the playoffs. I know they are like the Red Sox of US Baseball. Hopefully I can check a game out when I visit in October. I'm not sure if it will be late or mid October yet but seeing the playoffs would be pretty cool. Hanshin would definately be the team I want to see if I couldn't see the Dragons or Giants.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
shooon (Offline)
New to JF

03-28-2009, 12:45 PM

Here is the link of the 2009 NPB schedule (of special events).

And here is the link of a translated version of the page by Google.

(but it has several wrong translations. For example, "PERTH" is wrong and "Pacific league" is right. "Se" means "Central league".)

I hope these pages can help you to know the schedule or the climax series(playoffs).

By the way, well, actually I doubt you can get a ticket of the climax series. It will be hard to get one (especially Hanshin's one... -_-; )
So good luck!!

Last edited by shooon : 03-28-2009 at 12:48 PM.